Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: Oh So Close
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Mickey Plyler's Blog: Oh So Close

Feb 18, 2013, 9:29 AM

Oh So Close

Oh So Close
I hate losing but last night was a loss I can stomach.

The Tigers played hard. They executed the game plan. They worked their butts off and they gave everything they had. I can live with that kind of effort.

Clemson basketball is not a national power and my expectations

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Oh So Close

Feb 18, 2013, 9:37 AM

Nnoko has developed defensively. unfortunately he has no offense. if he cant dunk it or tip it in there is nothing on that end. he has almost a season under his belt. I would hope he would have something in the was of a hook or bank shot by now

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Miami game...

Feb 18, 2013, 10:16 AM

sort of wonder how they attracted the athletes with a reputation in basketball about like Clemson's and our facilities I bet are better than theirs....just wondering out loud

Re: Miami game...

Feb 18, 2013, 11:26 AM

former coach frank haith has no qualms about "bending" recruiting rules.

Feb 18, 2013, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Oh So Close ]

Nnoko does little to impress me. Sullivan and Smith, even less. Lots of work to do in the off season for the bigs. A JC big man could help this team if one is available but we never seem to go the route.

Oh So Close

Feb 18, 2013, 10:15 AM

Should be Clemson basketball's new slogan.

Feb 18, 2013, 10:18 AM

Last night shows that Brad and his program are certainly on the right track as have numerous other games this season. Imagine just what a slight upgrade in talent along with experience will do for these guys. Rod Hall is a great (that term is overused a lot but not here) on the ball defender. He pretty much kept Larkin in check the entire game. If only Brad can find a big somewhere for next year, we will have a very good team. Also, everyone should read Ron Morris article in the state yesterday on Milton Jennings. Some might not be so hard on him after reading that. He has made a lot of progress in a lot of ways while at Clemson. Go Tigers!! Basketball can be very good at Clemson.

What bothers me is that........

Feb 18, 2013, 10:24 AM

Miami's come out of nowhere to have a strong program but it seems no matter what we do we never get any better.

You can call last night's game a "moral victory" if you want to but to me it's just another example of failure on our part. I'm tired of hearing year-after-year how we're "going to be good next year" and all these great predictions only to see them never happen.

Didn't we play for the ACC title a short while back?

Feb 18, 2013, 3:57 PM

Hasn't Clemson had seasons when they've gone deep into the NCAA tournament?

Miami is having a fine season.

Clemson has had lots of fine seasons.

But it's a little premature to deem Miami a strong "program" just as it was premature for Clemson several times in the past.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UM started four seniors.***

Feb 18, 2013, 4:08 PM [ in reply to What bothers me is that........ ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, and last year it was NCst, year before, FSU

Feb 18, 2013, 5:22 PM [ in reply to What bothers me is that........ ]

Why not us?

Why not us

Don't forget, Miami was 6-10 2years ago

Feb 18, 2013, 12:16 PM

9-7 last year and now 12-0. It's a process and experience matters.

Question Mickey

Feb 18, 2013, 1:56 PM

First, that was a brutal loss as we lost another game we should have won. Seniors and KJ were awful offensively. amazing we were in the game in reality.

Any updates on who we are recruiting basketball-wise? I think anyone who can see knows BB can coach but needs some more "Ropers" to turn this around. I struggle getting any insight on who we are pursuing, who has an interest, etc. I know BB is not big on the AAU circuit and Coleman/Blossengame (sp?) should help us score some next year but are we closing in on any quality players?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just want to know where Bernard Sullivan was

Feb 18, 2013, 5:31 PM

I don't think he even took off his warmups. Seems to me in his little PT recently he's played better. And given the struggles of our two seniors I figured he'd at least see the court.

We are "that" close to being pretty decent. Tough, tough season, though. I spoke about future leaders of this team in a post earlier today (after MJ and DB leave). Hall leads by example, but I'd like him to be more vocal. Same with KJ, another quiet, lead by example type of kid. Roper is accelerating quickly and I hope that trend continues but I think Filer has the most leadership potential out of the whole bunch. He plays with passion and emotion IMO.

Miami came is with a 1-5 record in Littlejohn and a 7-11

Feb 18, 2013, 5:39 PM

series record vs Clemson. Clemson had won 5 of the last 6 meetings. Why are we happy to blow a lead and lose to them by 2 at home? Why is it ok just to say we are not a power so we sit here and watch other schools zoom past us and become powers?

Re: Miami came is with a 1-5 record in Littlejohn and a 7-11

Feb 18, 2013, 7:35 PM

Because Mickey said that's why. Even though other non basketball powers become relevant and win NCAA games it is O.K if Clemson still mediocre and never achieves anything because we are football school.
That argument is lame when you see non football powers make themselves relevant in football, and time and time again see schools in the middle of nowhere win more games than Clemson has in tournament since 1990 in one year. (George Mason and VCU) but don't be messing with those powerhouses.

Mickey your excuse/enabling of fan base to not expect anything gets old please stop using it. Clemson basketball is way more marketable than George Mason and VCU and 20 other schools that consistently get into tournament every year.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic