Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: DeShawn Watson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Mickey Plyler's Blog: DeShawn Watson

Feb 12, 2013, 9:17 AM

DeShawn Watson

DeShawn Watson
Clemson is off to a terrific start on the recruiting trail for the next cycle of top prospects from around the South.

The Tiger staff has secured five commitments already which is about a third of what they are expected to ink next February. The major issue is a lack of s

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't realize that Watson was an early enrollee.

Feb 12, 2013, 9:34 AM

If he does enroll early, then wouldn't he be in school already by the time that Morris potentially takes another job?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I didn't realize that Watson was an early enrollee.

Feb 12, 2013, 10:22 AM

Morris has promised Watson that if he is still at Clemson when Watson enrolls in January 2014, he will remain at Clemson as long as Watson is here.

Source?

Feb 12, 2013, 12:00 PM

I dont buy that promis. Morris is gone after the 2013 season. As long as the Tigers do what they should do, he'll be too hot of a commodity to not be a head coach. He would NEVER promise Watson he'd stick around for his entire career.

Pure speculation on your part.***

Feb 12, 2013, 12:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Source?***

Feb 12, 2013, 12:08 PM [ in reply to Source? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So

Feb 12, 2013, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Source? ]

you're calling Watson a liar?!?!?

He was the source of this information. He said in an interview after Morris visited him when all the coaching change chatter slowed down.

SMH

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: Source?

Feb 12, 2013, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Source? ]

Morris did promise him this in an interview that was featured on TI. Coots can come on here and squak away but won't pay to read TI, so you wouldn't know. Don't you have your own board to go to and read about arrests, beatings, street peeing, and drugs?

Now, will Morris stay b/c he promised? That is another story...

Re: Source?

Feb 12, 2013, 5:01 PM

If he doesn't want to hurt his reputation most likely unless an offer for a top 10 school came up.

The coots are on hotels.com too looking for good deals for players too.

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: DeShawn Watson

Feb 12, 2013, 9:54 AM

May want to spell his name right

^^^ .***

Feb 12, 2013, 9:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LMAO***

Feb 12, 2013, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: DeShawn Watson ]

Why start now?***

Feb 12, 2013, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: DeShawn Watson ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only 2 OL next year?

Feb 12, 2013, 11:11 AM

I hope that's not the case. Only bringing in 2 OL in 2 consecutive recruiting cycles sounds dangerous to me.

Re: Only 2 OL next year?

Feb 12, 2013, 12:12 PM

This year we lost 1 and brought in 2. Next year we will lose 2 and plan to bring in 2. Sounds about right to me.

And then at some point you lose 5 or 6

Feb 12, 2013, 12:25 PM

and have no experienced depth on the line.

Would you prefer to have no depth

Feb 12, 2013, 12:44 PM

at other positions and carry 20 something o-linemen. It seems to me that if you bring in at least 2 per year then you have no less than a combined 4 juniors and seniors on the o-line at any given time. That's pretty good experience if you ask me. This year we only had 1 senior and 1 junior who had ever played o-line before.

Re: Would you prefer to have no depth

Feb 12, 2013, 1:43 PM

The problem is that O-Line players seem to either not pan out or suffer major injuries at a much higher rate than most other positions. You can't expect more than probably 2 of those combined 4 juniors and seniors to be starters/major contributors on the line.

The idea is to bring between 3 and 5 in per year so that you have a good range of depth and experience. Teams are built from the lines out, so if we have to give up depth at WR, RB, or LB for a year or two (or God forbid, not give the long-snapper a scholarship) until we have the right depth at OL, then we'll probably be better off in the long run than we will having a stable of running backs with no one to block for them in 3 years.

Re: Would you prefer to have no depth

Feb 12, 2013, 4:00 PM

We keep around 15 O-lineman on the roster at all times. If we lose 2, we take 2. If we lose 3, we take 3. Look at the spread we have on the line right now, we are spot on from a numbers standpoint. I think the coaches know who to recruit.

You are exactly right we would be in a 3-2-2 situation

Feb 12, 2013, 7:05 PM [ in reply to Only 2 OL next year? ]

behind 7. So the numbers now are 2-4-7-3-2, if you take two more you have 4-7-3-2-2. That 3-2-2 is asking for a year or two of issues when the 7 leave.

Also, no way 3 DBs as he said after taking 7. We are over right now at DB and only lose Robinson. I bet they take 1 maybe 2. Also lose no DLs, don't see 3. Think 1 or 2 there as well.

I think overall it will be a heavy LB and WR class. Light on most others, the KEY to this class will be holding out for quality and not biting on the 2's and 3's early.

Excellent breakdown.***

Feb 13, 2013, 2:57 AM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: DeShawn Watson

Feb 12, 2013, 12:23 PM

Only two RBs? If Cook stays on board then we will have our two cause I highly doubt Oglesby goes elsewhere. But what about C.J. Fuller? Would we take all three? For those who know, of Fuller and Oglesby, if you had to choose?

I will be extremely surprised if we actually sign Watson.***

Feb 12, 2013, 3:53 PM

I agree.***

Feb 13, 2013, 9:07 PM

I thank a 12 win season and Morris staying beyond 2013 is the only way.

A Key Position you left out - Unless

Feb 13, 2013, 7:12 AM

you plan on Pinion both placekicking and punting or there is a walkon that has promise, we'll be down to one kicker on scholarship.

Catanzaro is a senior next season, Lakip is supposedly giving up football, Benton graduates this year and who else is left?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: You are exactly right we would be in a 3-2-2 situation

Feb 13, 2013, 8:26 AM

I agree truetiger!! I felt like we got exactly what we needed hoping for more but next class I think we have the room to go for more 5* even if we land just one, depth is how you reload and I think dabo has us on the right track as far as in the trenches cuz that's were the battle begins

Notice that Shatley was a DT, Battle was a DE

Feb 13, 2013, 9:21 PM

And McClain was a TE. See a trend? Wide body athletes with frames that can put on alot of muscle and become athletic OL

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic