Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: Tigers lose 2014 commitment
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

Recruit Update: Tigers lose 2014 commitment

Jan 31, 2013, 10:45 PM

Tigers lose 2014 commitment

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang!! Isn't this the kid who rode a bus by himself

Jan 31, 2013, 10:47 PM

halfway across the country to visit?!

Pretty surprised.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

23/24 hour bus ride if I remember correct***

Jan 31, 2013, 10:52 PM

I'll find it real hard to miss him... all I have heard is

Jan 31, 2013, 10:47 PM

about all his visits and contacts with other schools lately. Better to hear it now than this time next year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll find it real hard to miss him... all I have heard is

Jan 31, 2013, 10:48 PM

yeah he's no Jenkins or Robinson

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We still have a year to reel him back in.***

Jan 31, 2013, 10:48 PM

I understand let him go if it's

Jan 31, 2013, 10:49 PM

True love they cone back lol

"The Chad" loses his one & only commit in Clemson history

Jan 31, 2013, 10:54 PM

So much for him 'bringing in all that homegrown Texas talent' we were hoping for.

Re: "The Chad" loses his one & only commit in Clemson history

Jan 31, 2013, 10:58 PM

wow, hopefully some of the bs you say is just to get a rise, otherwise you got some serious problems.

Richard Trickle served with a plate of crabs for you

Jan 31, 2013, 11:42 PM

Get a clue...self-servicing POS troll with no purpose in life other than trying to make yourself feel important.

that is you mac***

Feb 1, 2013, 8:50 AM

Could care less about him recruiting. Just keep having

Jan 31, 2013, 10:58 PM [ in reply to "The Chad" loses his one & only commit in Clemson history ]

those 100 play games.

Maybe if we joined the Big 12?

Jan 31, 2013, 11:01 PM [ in reply to "The Chad" loses his one & only commit in Clemson history ]

;)

HA

Jan 31, 2013, 11:01 PM [ in reply to "The Chad" loses his one & only commit in Clemson history ]

yep, its obvious we need to get rid of Chad Morris, he isnt recruiting defense good enough.

wait wut

Yeah I mean coordinators are the best recruiters everywhere***

Jan 31, 2013, 11:03 PM [ in reply to "The Chad" loses his one & only commit in Clemson history ]

So--all those head coach interviews w/other schools

Jan 31, 2013, 11:07 PM [ in reply to "The Chad" loses his one & only commit in Clemson history ]

WEREN'T for his recruiting prowess, huh??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. He probably won't ever get another recruit as long

Jan 31, 2013, 11:21 PM [ in reply to "The Chad" loses his one & only commit in Clemson history ]

as he coaches here. We ought to fire him.

2 words: Billy Napier

Jan 31, 2013, 11:24 PM [ in reply to "The Chad" loses his one & only commit in Clemson history ]

great recruiter
terrrrrrrrrible offense coordinator

he NEVER should have been put in that position

Jan 31, 2013, 11:26 PM

I'd say Dabo's hands were tied, but he fixed it

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ever heard of Chad Kelly?***

Feb 1, 2013, 12:08 AM [ in reply to "The Chad" loses his one & only commit in Clemson history ]

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Don't need it...***

Feb 1, 2013, 8:50 AM [ in reply to "The Chad" loses his one & only commit in Clemson history ]

Feb 1, 2013, 9:15 AM [ in reply to "The Chad" loses his one & only commit in Clemson history ]

And cootmac slams another coach

Troll

Feb 1, 2013, 9:51 AM [ in reply to "The Chad" loses his one & only commit in Clemson history ]

Zach Brooks

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruit Update: Tigers lose 2014 commitment

Jan 31, 2013, 10:57 PM

Sad o see this, but I hope he keeps his options open. We have greatness ahead, and he can be a part of it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's young

Jan 31, 2013, 11:04 PM

There is still plenty of time to get him back. I wouldn't worry too much about it. I see this kid as a Tiger next year. He just wanted to drop the stress a little.

Re: He's young

Jan 31, 2013, 11:09 PM

Yes. You are right, and I think he will come back on board, if he really is smart. We are headed for greatness at Clemson, and he either will be a part of it, or he will be left behind.

Jan 31, 2013, 11:05 PM

I would rather have this happen now instead of at the end of the recruiting process next year. However, I hope the coaches continue to stay on him and hopefully we can reassure him that Clemson is the place he wants to be, being that we're his "dream school." Guess we'll have to wait and see.

so, if he loves our staff and it was difficult for him...

Jan 31, 2013, 11:11 PM

then might it also stand to reason that he was asked to decommit because he wanted to take other visits? Not sure this means he's gone for good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I'm 100% committed to Clemson"

Jan 31, 2013, 11:14 PM

says DSG on Wed night (pay site).

One day later, this.

Sure, recruiting makes sense.

Commitment is the wrong word for this entire situation.

Don't care who it is, that word is just not applicable in today's recruiting.

So, Chad visits and now this.

Jan 31, 2013, 11:31 PM

I think Chad was there to say it's ok, either way, and that's honestly how it is.

Dabo encouraged him to decommitt to take other visits...it

Feb 1, 2013, 8:53 AM [ in reply to "I'm 100% committed to Clemson" ]

teaches responsibility

This explains it better

Jan 31, 2013, 11:33 PM

http://data.greenvilleonline.com/blogs/recruiting/2013/02/01/sumner-gardner-decommits-but-will-still-consider-clemson/

“It was something I’d been thinking about,” Sumner-Gardner told TigersNow.com. “During the summer Coach Swinney told me about being committed, that you can’t be going to look at other schools, and me and him talked about it today. I didn’t want to disrespect anybody by going to look at any other schools. I know how Coach Swinney felt about that. I just had to decommit.

“I’ve got the utmost respect for Coach Swinney. There are not too many coaches in college football like Coach Swinney. I know where he’s coming from. I know that he’s trying to build the best program that will ever be at Clemson right now. I just wanted to be the true meaning of commitment. I want it to be true.”

“Right now Clemson is my favorite school, and I don’t have any other school up there,” Sumner-Gardner said. “It’s just happening so fast. I’m going to wait and see what happens here in the next couple weeks.”

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I respect that

Feb 1, 2013, 12:13 AM

it seems like he just doesn't want disrespect the coaching staff and he wants to have time to make one of the biggest decisions of his life with out the pressure of a commitment.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

I agree, it's much better than

Feb 1, 2013, 12:34 AM

...stringing the coaches along, like some have done. He showed the coaches respect by handling it this way.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

^^This^^***

Feb 1, 2013, 12:20 AM [ in reply to This explains it better ]

Clemson

It's OK Dylan....plenty of time to look & come back to DV#1.

Jan 31, 2013, 11:43 PM

Best wishes...and GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dang!! Isn't this the kid who rode a bus by himself***

Feb 1, 2013, 3:01 AM

too far

Feb 1, 2013, 3:06 AM

Not surprising. Clemson simply should not expect to get kids from a 1000 miles away if nearby Texas and Oklahoma Also are recruiting them.

The exception would be those who have a connection to Clemson. (Or wealthy enough to buy plane tickets)

I think the coaches advised him to decommit for now...

Feb 1, 2013, 7:02 AM

just to take all the pressure on about his Clemson commit off.

There's something to be said not being the lead dog getting poached at all the time.

This was the right call. There is no reason to trash DSG.

Feb 1, 2013, 8:38 AM

If he wants to look around, he should decommit. He knows Dabo's policy, and he is respecting it. That doesn't mean we won't be in the game later with him.

Don't trash someone that may consider you again in the future. He's just a kid anyway.

Re: This was the right call. There is no reason to trash DSG.

Feb 1, 2013, 8:48 AM

I agree 100%. Not only is he a kid but he's pretty young still. He isn't as polished in playing the recruiting game as kids like Watson, Kitt, Williams and a few others. This is all new to him and it's coming at him fast. He went from CU to Auburn and all of a sudden A&M, Texas, Nebraska and others will follow. He seems like a good kid and it may all come down to distance. We never know the total impact on these kid's families when they go away for college. We've still got guys like Dexter McCleon in his ear so we'll just see how it plays out.

Some of you are ridiculous

Feb 1, 2013, 8:50 AM

You don't even bother to read this entire article much less do any further research before you start bashing a kid. If a kid commits and continues to visit other schools you guys say he doesn't know what committed means. And, I agree with that statement. This kid still loves Clemson and still favors us, but he decommitted out of respect to Dabo and because he does understand the true meaning of committed. He's only a junior and wants to visit some of the other schools so he decommitted. I for one would rather he and all kids visit every school they can and committ when they really know for sure that's where they want to go. I want our players to know Clemson is the best school for them because they've seen the rest.

The problem is that we have heard that Dabo tries to

Feb 1, 2013, 9:03 AM

get the players not to commit UNTIL they're 100% sure of their decision. That should not be hard to understand for any 17 or 18 year old. The vast majority of recruits understand that, some don't. I'm sure it is explained to them that other schools will CONTINUE to or begin to recruit them. I wish the young man well but Clemson coaches don't need the drama for another year on this young man. Concentrate on other players.

Give the kid a break...

Feb 1, 2013, 10:55 AM

he is a 16-17 y.o. who is getting bomabarded with college offers midway through his junior year.

He did the commendable thing and decommitted for now. He may committ again. He will need to build the relationship with Coach Reed and see others schools to make sure Clemson is the best place for him.

He does not seem dramatic at all and recruiting is nothing but drama.

I will also agree with the other post above....most people did not even read the entire article.

Total respect for DSG. I hope we see him in Tiger Orange.

Feb 1, 2013, 9:01 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2013, 9:02 AM

Wow! What a surprise. Anyone detecting the sarcasm?

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic