Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Chick-Fil-A Bowl ticket sales update
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,972

Football Update: Chick-Fil-A Bowl ticket sales update

Dec 29, 2012, 5:28 PM

Chick-Fil-A Bowl ticket sales update

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Chick-Fil-A Bowl ticket sales update

Dec 29, 2012, 6:16 PM

I'm not paying $80 to sit in the endzone. That's ridiculous. So I paid $35 to sit on the sideline.

And I really think Clemson should look at their ticket process anyway. They NEVER made any single game tickets to USuC available. But you could find them on eBay long before the ever went "on sale" on the official ticket site. (I checked the site every day looking for tickets. The day they became available it said sold out at the same time.)

And I'd buy season tickets, but the outrageous fees that go with them make it impossible for me to afford. You want Tiger fans in the stands????? Quit charging NFL prices for college football.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same here.

Dec 29, 2012, 6:42 PM

I paid $27 Bucks a pop for sideline seats, on the CU side.

Even so, I bet ticket sales would have been a bit better if we were at least competitive in the Orange Bowl last year. Lots of folks got burned making that trip. The simpe solution for improving ticket sales for next year? Beat LSU.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2012, 7:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Chick-Fil-A Bowl ticket sales update ]

Our game tickets comparable to all other colleges with decent programs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You won't get any cheapies for the NC game nest year & you

Dec 29, 2012, 7:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Chick-Fil-A Bowl ticket sales update ]

will be begging for endzone tickets. Better start getting ready now!

Re: You won't get any cheapies for the NC game nest year & you

Dec 29, 2012, 7:43 PM

next

Dec 29, 2012, 6:22 PM

This shows just how bassackwards the bowl ticket system is. They expect a university to sell a crazy amount of tickets that are in the end zones as opposed to on the sidelines in good position to watch the game. Additionally, they let other outlets handle ticket sales and sell them for less than the universities do. Then the university gets stuck paying perhaps $750,000 for unsold tickets. INSANITY! They should allow ONLY the universities that are playing to sell tickets. Then these ridiculous numbers of tickets sold by the universities and the buying of unsold tickets could be dealt with in a better fashion.

why they never discounted these tickets prior

Dec 29, 2012, 6:24 PM

to the game I won't understand.....you want to sell tickets, then sell them at a discount a few days before the game and get butts in the seats.

imo its because the uproar it would cause for people that

Dec 29, 2012, 6:33 PM

paid full price and bought tickets early..now i dont see why clemson cant anonymously put the tickets on stubhub and sell them cheaper

Dec 29, 2012, 6:24 PM

I'm tired of hearing about Chick-fil-A ticket sales. Clemson only allowed us to order 4 tickets and we normally get 8 season tickets plus that was in mezzanine. Later they came back and said we could get lower deck but still said nothing about increasing number, we had already purchased 4 from stubhub plus the 4 Clemson allowed. So I don't feel sorry for Clemson for not selling their allotment. Besides the Bowls never give the best seats to the schools.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2012, 7:29 PM

And that is exactly why the University shouldn't accept any tickets at all to sell when they going to lose money. No wonder universities are losing money on ticket sales, when the bowl people get the best tickets to sell for a lower price. Then the universities are expected to sell the lesser ticket for more, and if they don't sell, they're expected to buy them. The University should reject any end zone tickets, PERIOD!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The universities do not have much leverage with individul

Dec 29, 2012, 9:07 PM

bowls. They do what they are required to do in order to get the invite.

Dec 29, 2012, 8:21 PM

Just to add to the discussion. The new AD sent out an email about bowl tickets and I send him a response as he requested. Here is what he said - he appears to get it:
Thank you for the email and the investment in Clemson Athletics… the bowl ticket situation is a difficult one made harder by the seats allocated to us … as you mention. A fix of this system is needed especially with the added pressure of the secondary market.
Have a great Holiday season !!

Dan Radakovich
Director of Athletics
Clemson University

Agree, solid response and he didn't dodge it.***

Dec 29, 2012, 8:24 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Dec 29, 2012, 9:19 PM

This might have already been answered, but why did we get stuck with pushing 2,000 more tickets than LSU?

Why shouldn't both schools have the same burden?

espn bought lsu's extras, it will be on sec stories

Dec 29, 2012, 9:24 PM

that's a new show that documents current sec stuff along with past stuff on sec storied

higher bowl for ACC...ACC gets

Dec 29, 2012, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Chick-Fil-A Bowl ticket sales update ]

Over 1milto more than sec for this game and thus a larger allotment

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,972
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic