Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: LSU Preview
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,904

Mickey Plyler's Blog: LSU Preview

Dec 27, 2012, 1:58 PM

LSU Preview

LSU Preview
LSU enters Monday's Chic-fil-a Bowl with a 10-2 record and ranked seventh in the coaches poll. In my opinion this is the best team Clemson will face this season. LSU is a big, physical football team that is a few points from competing for another national title.

Head Coach

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The truth hurts.........LSU is good!!!

Dec 27, 2012, 5:13 PM

However, I'm not gonna view this game like that. Like Clemson is already beat. Why even play the game? Clemson is very capable of beating LSU if they execute and play physical. That's it. No rocket science or special prep, just smash mouth, well executed football playing with heart. Clemson is the scrappy team in this match up but I still believe we can win if they really want it bad enough. No one expects Clemson to win. Perfect case scenario for us in my opinion. GO CLEMSON TIGERS!!!!!!!!! WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: The truth hurts.........LSU is good!!!

Dec 27, 2012, 9:17 PM

We can possibly upset them, and I am hoping somehow that we do. I don't think we will. This all goes back to a
a change of the culture at Clemson. We have a mediocre S&C program. Plus, our player development is poor. Danny Ford won with two and three star players because the training regimen was so arduous at Clemson that we simply out-toughed people. We had linemen at that time who could bech press 500 lbs. You ran against Clemson at
great personal risk. In 1981, we defeated a Nebraska team that Tom Osborne described as the best he'd ever had. On paper, they were far more talented than Clemson. However, Cemson was stronger and tougher. A friend worked with the S&C program at that time, and he said the workouts in the weight room were extreme. They had garbage pails sitauated around the room for the player to puke into. And Danny's practices involved best against best year round. Dabo is right when he says "the hay is in the barn." Without intending to, he nailed it. It's been in the barn for years, but not in the way he thinks. Their massive running backs will run through, over, and around us. We haven't put in the effort to develop the beef and strength to deal with this-----and you don't do it in 3 weeks. I fear a blowout---hope I'm wrong. Our O-line, who collapsed against S. Car., will be crushed by their defensive front. I'm hoping I'll be eating crow New Year's eve, but I don't think so

No way we pull the upset

Jan 1, 2013, 12:42 PM

wait, wut?

He over-values our FG kicker...

Dec 27, 2012, 10:42 PM

He was great last yr but not very good this year...I don't consider 20-28 a good year...some of his misses were critical...

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,904
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic