Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Glimpse of the future
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Glimpse of the future

Dec 24, 2012, 11:07 AM

Glimpse of the future

Ryan Norton spent much of the first three quarters of the rivalry game against South Carolina on the sidelines until starting center Dalton Freeman came to the sidelines limping. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make us believers! Push around LSU's D! Go Clemson!***

Dec 24, 2012, 11:28 AM

Re: Make us believers! Push around LSU's D! Go Clemson!***

Dec 24, 2012, 12:51 PM

I'd like to see that, too, Razz.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Glimpse of the future

Dec 24, 2012, 11:29 AM

I like Norton but I noticed no difference in who was playing and how we played unfortunately. I still think he will be a nice player for us and I think we did good to give him some snaps at guard

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I enjoy these positive posts, it help drown out

Dec 24, 2012, 11:54 AM

all the negative nancy's on the board.

Re: I enjoy these positive posts, it help drown out

Dec 24, 2012, 12:31 PM

Don't worry about what the negative nancy's have to say. Most of them have never spent a NICKEL in going to watch a game at DV. Real fans buy a ticket to bring together the 12th man. Negative nancy's buy a Clemson T or a BB cape and tell people that Clemson is their favorite team to watch on TV. IMO, being a part of the ROAR of the fans in the stands when we are winning. Or being a part of sadness, hurt, and anger of the fan existing the stands after a loss. To me that defines a real fan. Just saying!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hold on

Dec 24, 2012, 1:29 PM

I'm an alumnus, season ticket holder, iptay member, and I only missed two games last season (home and away), but when we lose to scar for the fourth straight year, I might have some things to say that you might find 'negative'. You can't be positive all the time when your team has some glaring deficiencies. There's a difference between being a 'negative nancy' and being a realist.

Re: hold on

Dec 27, 2012, 12:09 PM

You must have felt a need to explain your negativity or, you didn't read the part where I said MOST negative fans. But either way our season isn't defined (for me) on whether we win or lose to the coots. Beating them is a big plus for me. But, I'll never snub my nose at a 10/2, 11/1 season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm glad the Players know how annoying #### fans are!***

Dec 24, 2012, 12:15 PM

6.5 yards a carry. Why'd we stop running it?

Dec 24, 2012, 1:35 PM

We actually ran the ball well in the two games we lsot this year. FSU and SC were giving us yards on the ground and during those times we controled the pace and had the lead. It's when we became pass happy that their great DLs pinned their ears back for us. We've got to stick with the run against LSU. If we can establish the run and keep with it then we'll control the tempo and the pace of the game.

I don't know where he got the 6.5/carry. The figure was

Dec 24, 2012, 1:43 PM

actually 4.1.

Not including QB sacks***

Dec 24, 2012, 4:46 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RBs averaged OVER 6.5 per carry.

Dec 24, 2012, 8:06 PM [ in reply to I don't know where he got the 6.5/carry. The figure was ]

all the QB sacks knocked the number down.. We actually ran the ball well, even Tajh was able to get positive rushing yards on designed runs.

It is the Chad Mystery

Dec 24, 2012, 1:44 PM [ in reply to 6.5 yards a carry. Why'd we stop running it? ]

we have one of the greatest RB in Clemson history, clearly had success on the ground and The Chad, who I believe is a tremendous coach, decided to try and beat USuC/Clowney thru the air. the Dirt Peckers had one good series that shut down the run and shazam, we threw it 80% of the time after that. Then, we left BT on an island while Clowney chewed him up. It was about as poorly executed play calling as I've seen in awhile.

He has done this too often in other games in my opinion. I hope his evolution as an OC is to trust the running game more, especially when our WR could not get off the LOS and where clearly intimidated by dropping too many passes.

If we lose next year to the Dirt Peckers, it is time to get rid of the entire bunch. I'm tired of the excuses; figure it out or move on.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I fully agree. Beat the cluckers next year or clean out

Dec 24, 2012, 1:58 PM

your desk and turn in the keys.

I'm not going that far, at all

Dec 24, 2012, 2:01 PM [ in reply to It is the Chad Mystery ]

No way in the world you want to fire Dabo, venables, and Morris just because they lose to the coots again. You'd destory our entire team. Players would leave, recruits would abandon ship, no good coach would want to touch us in fear that such a thing could happen to them.

I agree.***

Dec 24, 2012, 2:04 PM

Have a Merry Christmas Neilly!

Dec 24, 2012, 3:09 PM

And get off our boards!

Re: Have a Merry Christmas Neilly!

Dec 24, 2012, 3:33 PM

LOL. Good one. Merry Christmas to you too. I'm outa here.

Yep.***

Dec 24, 2012, 9:14 PM [ in reply to It is the Chad Mystery ]

Nm

How many losses in a row to the coots are allowable before

Dec 24, 2012, 9:52 PM [ in reply to It is the Chad Mystery ]

a price is paid? If there is no price to pay for being dominated by your in-state rival, then let's please stop playing them. Texas and Texas A&M have discontinued their series.

Re: 6.5 yards a carry. Why'd we stop running it?

Dec 26, 2012, 12:46 PM [ in reply to 6.5 yards a carry. Why'd we stop running it? ]

I was about to say the same thing. If he knows the running game was working against USuC, why abandon it and go the opposite direction? You should adjust ONLY when it stops working... SMH

Re: Front Page Story: Glimpse of the future

Dec 25, 2012, 11:24 PM

the offensive line can be very proud of its 2012 performances. i think the media needs to accentuate the offensive prowess of the clemson university football team. if they had had a matching defensive performance, they would have been in the national conversation the past two years. tigernet had an article early in the preseason where the ol coach said "we are not going to be an excuse." great article and backed up by their play.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic