Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Morris faces the media, talks about moving forward
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Morris faces the media, talks about moving forward

Dec 15, 2012, 3:15 PM

Morris faces the media, talks about moving forward

Clemson offensive coordinator faced the media for the first time since the end of the regular season. What did he have to say about Texas Tech. and what would be the perfect opportunity for him? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so tired of this story line

Dec 15, 2012, 3:32 PM

so very, very tired

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: so tired of this story line

Dec 15, 2012, 8:50 PM

of hearing that coach speak BS. If he is so unhappy at Clemson in two years. Then by, we don't want you continually up setting the Orange cart here at Clemson. And it is just that simple!!! And Clemson fans and players certainly don't care much for the Chad pissing on our pant leg and trying to convince us that it is rain soaking our leg....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: so tired of this story line

Dec 15, 2012, 3:39 PM

Me too.. Ready to move forward to LSU. And we got some great stuff to run later on LSU and what he thinks of the defense.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did anyone ask him about the effects of all this on

Dec 15, 2012, 4:23 PM

recruiting? ISn't that part of the job he is paid to do here?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did anyone ask him about the effects of all this on

Dec 15, 2012, 8:11 PM

I think that the only thing that is saving most of our recruits is this. High school coaches are seeing that Clemson is now willing to spend top dollar for top coaches. Without those HS coaches and recruits knowing this, I believe we would have lost more than the one recruit. In other words, we would be getting screwed in recruiting this very minute. B U T, I don't think that we will be seeing da Chad chasing HC jobs all over the country next year this time. But if he does do this again next year without anymore experience. Dabo should give serious thought with replacing him with I TRUE to the coaching world 1.3 mil OC. 1.3 mil CAN buy us what we need to be a consistent winner that would stay put for a long time..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He wasn't chasing HC jobs.

Dec 17, 2012, 8:48 AM

People contacted him. If someone were to call you and talk to you about a higher level job opportunity at another company, would that mean that you were somehow ungrateful, or not committed to your current job?

Chad, please stop talking and focus on coaching.

Dec 15, 2012, 4:11 PM

No one really cares about your explanations. Just get our guys ready for the bowl game, beat LSU and recruit.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If no one is interested...

Dec 17, 2012, 8:49 AM

then who were all those people asking him the questions?

Sounds like

Dec 15, 2012, 5:09 PM

Sounds like it wasn't a good fit because they didn't offer him. I think if they'd offered, we would be looking for an OC right in the middle of this bowl prep. And we would have many more recruits looking down the road. This uncertainty is used against us daily by recruiters. When competing against the SEC in recruiting we need to be rock solid. Lets hire Bobby Bently from Byrnes high school. He was born and raised right here in SC and maybe he would be happy with the job and stay awhile.

We should have just kept Billy Napier...

Dec 17, 2012, 8:50 AM

he was so crappy nobody ever would have offered him a job.

Questions about why he changed the game plan against SC?***

Dec 15, 2012, 5:29 PM

Re: Questions about why he changed the game plan against SC?***

Dec 15, 2012, 11:48 PM

I would agree. Why has this question not been answered by the staff?

Re: Questions about why he changed the game plan against SC?***

Dec 16, 2012, 7:33 AM

I don't think it has been answered because it hasn't been asked. The media doesn't have the b***s to ask because they are scared of hurting their "relationship". IMO the loss rests squarely on the shoulders of Morris and Swinney who has the ultimate responsibilty. But what do they care. Swinney always gets the players up for his rival and amazingly we have won 2 of 3.

Say what? Is he trying to sell us a Used Car? LOL***

Dec 15, 2012, 6:36 PM

He's old enough to know how the media works.***

Dec 15, 2012, 8:07 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's old enough to know how the media works.***

Dec 15, 2012, 8:14 PM

But his brain is swollen big enough for him not to give a flock.

Looks like Mama's told him, she likes her new house,

Dec 15, 2012, 8:16 PM

so it'll take a perfect job to move them now.We've got him at least 2 more years maybe more.While a bump in the road right now, it works best for us in the future.

What are you people talking about!?!?

Dec 16, 2012, 11:33 AM

I really don't get a good portion of you people on TigerNet. What do you want him to say and do? You're mad because he interviewed for a D1 Head Coaching job in a major conference? This isn't The Citadel, App State, Georgia Southern. Heck, it's not even Southern Miss or or SMU. Why do you get mad at a guy for looking at his options? If you're offered a raise or a position with more prestige, you turn it down? You tell your boss, "No, Sir. I'll stay working the cash register. I don't want to be the manager at the store across town."? Any coordinator in the country is going to listen to an opportunity at a promotion. You think this is just a Clemson thing? If you're going to have successful coordinators, other people are going to notice them and possibly offer them better positions. That's generally how this business works. Would you prefer we just stay with Billy Napier? Nobody was interviewing him for a D1 HC position. Don't you ever get sick of being so negative all the time? Life must really suck for you.

You are comparing his Job to a Cashier? He makes

Dec 16, 2012, 11:47 AM

$25,000 per week. Then don't insult our intelligence by saying you really didn't want the job at TT. That you really didn't interview for the job. Dabo sure made it sound like he wanted the job at TT

Yes, I am making a comparison

Dec 16, 2012, 11:56 AM

It's more of an analogy and it works just fine. As far as your intelligence is concerned... Well I won't go there.

Well if someone took 100s of 1000s of $$ out of their check

Dec 16, 2012, 11:58 AM

then I would have at least have the loyalty to give them 5 years of work

Lemme get this straight

Dec 16, 2012, 5:04 PM

First time since USC game and no one - not one person asked him to give an account for the offense's performance in the USC game????? Wow.

Actually they did.

Dec 17, 2012, 8:55 AM

And he answered them.

some people are better left in the dark.***

Dec 17, 2012, 8:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic