Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Morris clears the air with players
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Morris clears the air with players

Dec 13, 2012, 7:54 PM

Morris clears the air with players

Offensive coordinator Chad Morris spoke to the Clemson team before Thursday’s practice to clear the air about his flirtation with Texas Tech and to get the offense focused on this month’s bowl date with LSU. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is a ton of respect the players

Dec 13, 2012, 8:30 PM

have for him. That much is obvious!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

True to that---I hope Tiger Nation can trust him at his word

Dec 13, 2012, 8:49 PM

There is no reason not too, but you gotta realize that TTU was about as perfect a fit for him to leave for & he didn't--no matter the reason. You can't be so oblivious not to think that this will be a regular occurance with him & possibly Venables every year as long as Dabo lets them do their thing and he & Jeff Scott continue to recruit.

Re: There is a ton of respect the players

Dec 14, 2012, 6:44 AM [ in reply to There is a ton of respect the players ]

Tom Bowden still does not have a coaching job! Is that the kind of coach we want? One that no other school wants? Why do you think Dabo is paying Chad $1.3 big ones per year. Chad's better than the average $500K guy and will therefore be a sought after coach each and every year.Get over it and get use to it. Train up some younger guys to be great at the "Clemson Offense" and then when Chad leaves it will not be such a big issue. Be proud that his name is mentioned for every opening.How many times have you heard the old ball coach mentioned for these jobs?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Morris clears the air with players

Dec 13, 2012, 9:01 PM

I don't blame Chad at all for pursuing the TT job or any other job he finds attractive. But the reason he didn't go is they decided on the other guy. Alos, if Chad had left, Tajh would have been making a huge mistake to go in the NFL draft, especially as a projected 7th rounder. Hope they all get focused for the bowl game.

What makes you think he was their second choice?

Dec 13, 2012, 10:17 PM

Lane Kiffen interviewed with Clemson one day and signed with the Vols the next. No one knows if he chose UT over Clemson or if we didn't offer him a job.

The facts of such occurrences are never revealed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The guy TT chose played QB there 10 years ago. He was OC

Dec 13, 2012, 10:29 PM

of a better offensive team than ours, and his QB won the Heisman.

Plus, it was leaked that Moriris was the 2nd choice by TT.

You never know, but that's pretty convincing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Morris clears the air with players

Dec 14, 2012, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Morris clears the air with players ]

I wonder how many times spurdick says that school in the up state that use to beat us. None of ous have beat any of his the last 4 years. That needs to change QUICKLY!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We all know The Chad has aspirations to be a HC

Dec 13, 2012, 9:05 PM

He made that clear when he came here. We all want that for him just like we want our players to excel and make it to the next level.

The Chad has a good thing here at Clemson and will be welcome as long as he wants.

The timing just sucked but it wasn't his fault.

Moral: Cherish time with loved ones (like Morris & Watkins).

Dec 14, 2012, 2:42 AM

During their debut seasons, I think most of us knew that Watkins & Morris would be gone after 3 yrs. Cherish the time.

The entire drama reminds me of Shakespeare:

Dec 14, 2012, 6:38 AM

"Much Ado about Nothing." Then again, the prelude on TigerNet brings to mind London: "The Call of the Wild!" lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why did he interview for the NC state job?

Dec 14, 2012, 7:06 AM

Shows it wasn't just about his dream job--right? I don't believe he was just practicing.
Oh well, what it really comes down too is that we need to win against the big time teams. What happens to his offense when we face high caliber teams? That is the real question. He needs to focus on proving himself in that arena instead of looking for a head coach job--in my opinion. His offense was ineffective against the coots. The play calling was not consistent with what won other games

Re: Why did he interview for the NC state job?

Dec 14, 2012, 9:05 AM

I disagree. He stuck with the regular plan to mix in just enough run to keep the passing game open as he had done all year. Against the ##### he should have switched the plan and ran more straight at Clowney who was keying on Boyd to the point he let AE run straight by him on at least one occassion. Having said that, he said from the onset that he wasn't going to change the plan and to some extent that was our demise. Hopefully, he saw that on film and will adapt in the future. I know he wants to be perfectly balanced, but against better defenses that might mean committing to the run until they respect it and then going back to the pass. Just my opinion and he gets paid a heck of lot more than me to run the offense so I digress.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Uhh... Because its a head coaching job paying millions more?***

Dec 14, 2012, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Why did he interview for the NC state job? ]

When is he going to clear the air with the fans?***

Dec 14, 2012, 8:52 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Fans are fickle. I wouldn't be too concerned with us. If

Dec 14, 2012, 9:08 AM

we beat LSU everyone will forget all about it and love him. If we lose they will blame it on the distractions regardless of whether he "clears the air" with the fans are not.

"we beat LSU" lol***

Dec 14, 2012, 10:07 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Hilarious!***

Dec 14, 2012, 3:47 PM

Re: When is he going to clear the air with the fans?***

Dec 14, 2012, 9:11 AM [ in reply to When is he going to clear the air with the fans?*** ]

Bingo. The man gets praised for job shopping while the team is preparing for a bowl. If he had ignored NC State and then talked to TT I wouldn't care but the merry go round is getting old fast.
I think he is stunned by not getting the Tech job.

Dec 14, 2012, 9:16 AM

Just when you think you had read it all. Smh

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2012, 9:38 AM

because no matter what he says, it will appease 1/2 the fan and rub the other 1/2 the wrong way.

We all know he will be a HC sooner than later. Same with Venables. He is interviewing for these jobs to be familiar with the interviewing process so when the perfect job comes along, he can go in knowing what to expect. I have interviewed for jobs I had no intention of taking just to get interview experience. Besides you never know, that job you had no intention of taking ends up being a great fit after the interview.

Maybe TNet will start reporting facts

Dec 14, 2012, 10:57 AM

instead of rumors?

More accurate: CM clears air with Clemson Family***

Dec 14, 2012, 12:40 PM

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic