Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Texas Tech officially announces Kliff Kingsbury as head coach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Football Update: Texas Tech officially announces Kliff Kingsbury as head coach

Dec 12, 2012, 7:02 PM

Texas Tech officially announces Kliff Kingsbury as head coach

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great news!!!

Dec 12, 2012, 7:09 PM

I know chad was prolly pretty excited to possibly take the next step in his coaching career but I'm even more excited that he's not!! For now!? Just one more year please we don't need to lose anymore recruits! Go Tigers

Re: Great news!!!

Dec 13, 2012, 1:56 PM

That's my reason for being glad he didn't get the job. Now, Dabo and coaches can give next years recruits a heads up that Morris will be running for every job interview out there. And Dabo can assure them that he will have a just as good or better OC in place as soon as Morris bolts. The way he was chasing after every HC job out there. I think he would except the HC job at Furman. I know some of our fan base feels he is only trying to better himself. But Morris was given I.2 or 1.3 mil to assure the stability of our program for more than just a season I'm sure. And Morris thumbed his nose at the raise and jumped at the first chances he got to bolt. And he would have left our program in very bad shape if he had of been hired. And it has already cost Clemson One 4 star recruit. And I'm sure that Dabo is very pissed-off about that after he put his neck on the line by investing mega money on an OC that has showed him no loyalty at all. Dabo has handled it pretty well in front of the Media. I bet that Dabo and our AD's have had a talk about this situation. Most I know remember Dabo saying when Morris got that mega raise. To assure the stability of your program, you have to pay your assistance a competitive salary. Well there is no stability with investing in Morris. And I personally believe that with Morris's actions has hurt our program in recruiting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Texas Tech officially announces Kliff Kingsbury as head coach

Dec 12, 2012, 7:11 PM

Good for Kliff, but even better for us and for Chad. He will get much better offers down the road, and he will be very happy he didn't take this job right now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Texas Tech officially announces Kliff Kingsbury as head coach

Dec 12, 2012, 7:59 PM

> Good for Kliff, but even better for us and for Chad.
> He will get much better offers down the road, and he
> will be very happy he didn't take this job right now.

Well maybe for at least now we can stop fretting about loosing Chad. I think he will be better and more in demand if he stays one more year. However, I know we may not be out of the woods yet.

Dec 13, 2012, 11:02 AM

Agreed! He will be on everybody's list of desirable candidates, but I doubt any other big named programs will be making changes anytime soon, and I don't see him leaving for a lesser opportunity. He's already the highest paid coordinator in the country, so it isn't like he is getting ripped off by Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can see Morris leaving for the OC job at Texas A&M if

Dec 12, 2012, 7:12 PM

they come calling even with the big buyout. It is his almamater and would set him up to one day be the HC at Texas A&M.

Re: I can see Morris leaving for the OC job at Texas A&M if

Dec 12, 2012, 7:30 PM

alma mater is a big pull, but I hope not. Sumlin is only 48 and A&M has tremendous potential. Don't know what could be considered a better opportunity for him at college level. Guess he might possibly try pros someday.

Dec 12, 2012, 7:35 PM

Just my opinion but I think he is just like Mike Tomlin... Might be a very good NFL coach one day

Dec 12, 2012, 8:28 PM [ in reply to Re: I can see Morris leaving for the OC job at Texas A&M if ]

morris would be a great fit there but with the huge buyout and chad having to uproot for a lateral move i cant see it happening.

Dec 12, 2012, 7:41 PM [ in reply to I can see Morris leaving for the OC job at Texas A&M if ]

OH just what else can we think of and worry about. soemthing tells me this is the last of opportunities for this year. At least i hope it is. Can't blame him for giving it a shot. He will not regret staying in Tiger country!
Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

huge buyout plus they would probably have to top 1.3 mil

Dec 12, 2012, 8:09 PM [ in reply to I can see Morris leaving for the OC job at Texas A&M if ]

yeah not happening

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

They would obviously have to pay the buyout

Dec 12, 2012, 11:05 PM

but I dont think they would have to top the 1.3mil, look at it if it was reversed and it was you, If your at aTm getting paid 1.3million per year to be the OC, and Clemson came calling but couldnt offer that much, would you take a paycut to coach at your dream job/alma mater? I know I certainly would

This announcement will not Bury the Cliff for some, here on

Dec 12, 2012, 7:38 PM

TigerNet.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This announcement will not Bury the Cliff for some, here on

Dec 12, 2012, 8:06 PM

> TigerNet.

You got that right, we will find/create something to worry about

Now let's go get those recruits who are on the fence!!

Dec 12, 2012, 7:40 PM

After the projected NFL draft analysis for Boyd and Hopkins they should be back. Hopefully the coaching carousel is over for this year so we can eliminate the distractions and get to playing football! Now let's focus on LSU! Go Tiger!

Sweet! Does this mean we get to keep the Chad?***

Dec 12, 2012, 7:59 PM

This just can't be over...

Dec 12, 2012, 11:25 PM

Tigernet is too addicted to the drama, lol

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic