Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Swinney: Texas Tech a dream opportunity for Morris
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Swinney: Texas Tech a dream opportunity for Morris

Dec 12, 2012, 3:30 PM

Swinney: Texas Tech a dream opportunity for Morris

Dabo Swinney met with the media on Wednesday and discussed Chad Morris' potential move to Texas Tech, replacing Charlie Harbison, the suspension of Martavis Bryant and more. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Swinney: Texas Tech a dream opportunity for Morris

Dec 12, 2012, 3:50 PM

Pretty much sums it up........I for one like the part "I don't think they offered him the job"....I do want Chad to have his dream job, but shouldn't he have to spend as much time earning it as anyone else. I mean it's not like he's got a terrible position with Clemson. If he's smart, in my opinion, Chad will fully devote himself to the Clemson Tigers for the 2013 season and prepare himself for offers he'll receive at this time next year. What harm is there in that. He'll be that much more experienced with a possible Heisman qb in Tajh Boyd, wr in Sammy or Nuk, with the hope of the two returning as Kiper Jr. suggested for their senior years considering they aren't first rounders. Sounds like Dabo has things under control. I can live with that. Let's beat LSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO CLEMSON TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There isn't an opening at a D1A Texas schools every year...***

Dec 12, 2012, 4:23 PM

Re: There isn't an opening at a D1A Texas schools every year...***

Dec 13, 2012, 5:51 AM

And that is very good news for Clemson!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"He needs to decide he wants to be a student."

Dec 12, 2012, 4:08 PM

Not words I'd ever expect to hear Spur-rear say.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

How can you not like Dabo ?***

Dec 12, 2012, 5:23 PM

The only thing that I don't like about Dabo is

Dec 12, 2012, 6:32 PM

he keeps losing to the Shamecocks. If he can fix that, he will officially be the man!

Simple, can't beat USuC.***

Dec 12, 2012, 6:37 PM [ in reply to How can you not like Dabo ?*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Simple, can't beat USuC.***

Dec 12, 2012, 6:40 PM

just say gets bashed OOC

b/c he hasn't done very well in bowl games either

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just wait till LSU comes calling.***

Dec 12, 2012, 6:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Just wait till LSU comes calling.***

Dec 12, 2012, 8:11 PM

Delusional. LSU is not going to hire a OC from Clemson that cannot even beat the coots. LSU already beats the coots.

Re: Simple, can't beat USuC.***

Dec 13, 2012, 5:55 AM [ in reply to Simple, can't beat USuC.*** ]

I don't think I would bet against the Tigers next year!!! We all need to look at the game completely and how well we did with a very young team. There experience and depth just took over the later part of the game.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How can you not like Dabo ?***

Dec 12, 2012, 11:11 PM [ in reply to How can you not like Dabo ?*** ]

I love Dabo and what he means to our program. I believe that we have an out standing young HC with very big dreams for Clemson and his football program. Chad could learn from Dabo. And the first thing he should learn is don't be running all over the country with HOPES of being a HC with no D1 experience. And stop loosing 4 star WR's thinking he has arrived with his stupid thinking, or not thinking. Stupid sheeet like being a big time HC at a big time college with no time experience. At least Dabo had years of being with big programs, and he learned what to do with his time on the inside.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2012, 11:26 PM

Totally agree. Chad made some errors in the FSU game that came at very critical times. When we were driving late in the first half, he got greedy and went for it all on 3rd and very short. I thought that was a very critical mistake. I believe we might have scored a TD on that drive while leaving hardly any time on the clock for FSU. If we had won that game, we would've been undefeated and ranked in the top 3 or 4 when it was time to play the coots. Tajh would've been a front-runner in the Heisman race. Don't know what the momentum would've been like going into the coot game, but it might have made a difference in winning or losing that game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Soldier

Dec 13, 2012, 2:20 AM

He may not be the one to take Clemson's Offence any further than he has. And while he was out gallivanting all over the country playing Mr. big time for hire. He should compensate who ever for doing what he was getting paid to do at Clemson. If he couldn't get the NCST or USF job, I wonder what made him think he could have the TT job. The home boy rubbing shoulders thing I guess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your post and ClemsonSoilders

Dec 13, 2012, 8:46 AM

May be the two most delusional post I have read in a long time. The Chad IS the reason we have been so successful. You saw our offense when Dabo and Napier ran it???? The Chad is the best coach on the entire staff and it is remarkable that some people cannot see it. Stunning really stunning. I realize some don't like the uptempo offense but it is highly effective. Even the great Saban hates it because it is so difficult to defend.
Have we had a few games with bad gameplans?? ABSOLUTELY. Is that a reason to trash our OC? not even remotely.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2012, 5:59 AM [ in reply to Re: How can you not like Dabo ?*** ]

And if we had connected on that long pass against FSU everyone would be saying what a brilliant call it was to "go for it all" when FSU thought we were just going for a 1st down.

Dec 12, 2012, 8:01 PM

Unraveling - the one word that best describes the current state of the ACC and Clemson football. Those of us that bleed Orange can only hope that Smiling Jim, Yankee Dan and a loved but inexperienced Dabo can hold it together until the sun rises on Tigetown, again...

Dec 12, 2012, 8:20 PM

it will rise on New Years Day, and I'll be wearing my sweaty orange Clemson t shirt win or lose with a smile and a hangover!!!!!!!!!! GO CLEMSON TIGERS!!!!!!!!!! GET AFTER LSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 12, 2012, 9:26 PM

There is a difference between bleeding Orange and drinking orange Kool-Aid...

Dec 13, 2012, 6:04 AM

10-2 two years in a row, ACC championship for the 1st time in 20 years,Coach of the Year, a HC in his 4th full year with those accomplishments,recruiting some outstanding players, yep, I am drinking the kool aid and taste good and will taste even better after we beat the coots next year.

Dec 13, 2012, 8:50 AM

I REALLY want to believe all of that. However, remembering that those "accomplishments" occurred in an absolutely PATHETIC ACC brings in too much reality. The money difference between the ACC and the true football conferences is becoming too much to overcome. Just look at what is now happening in recruiting - elite players no longer want to play in the ACC. Why face Wake, BC and Duke when you can play week after week in Big Time venues of the SEC?

Dec 13, 2012, 9:29 AM

I don't get it. People on here think all we have to do is say hey SEC here we are.. We have to be invited. As of now, no one is interested in the SC market. We have no invites, therefore there is no where to go. get over it.

Dec 13, 2012, 9:48 AM

Where did you see that I was putting Clemson in the SEC??? Unfortunately, NC State and Va Tech will end up in the SEC to give that conference two additional southeastern states. The Big 12 is the best that Clemson can hope for. Either way, the ACC will be the 5th conference in a 4 team play off system - in other words, "on the outside looking in".

ESecPN just reported TT hired Kingsbury

Dec 12, 2012, 8:19 PM

Sorry if Germans......
Feel bad for The Chad, but glad he's still here.

Re: ESecPN just reported TT hired Kingsbury

Dec 13, 2012, 2:48 AM

I don't feel bad for his greedy butt. Maybe this total embarrassment will teach him that he ain't even close yet. And maybe it will show him that he has to work a lot harder at Clemson before somebody gives him a 2mil job the way Dabo gave him his first 1.2 mil job. Nobody ain't going to give him that pay day. He will have to do better than just beat mediocre ACC teams. I don't see how Dabo could ever trust him again. Three BS interviews in two weeks. We all better believe this, The Chad was more than ready to leave Clemson, Dabo, Recruits, and our bowl game High and dry. His B S has possibly cost us one top recruit already. Before it's said and done, how many more. Because they all know now he will leave them high and dry. I hope that the rest of them knows that with the money Dabo has to work with. That he can go out and get an OC as good and better than chad morris. And flame, I don't care b/c I believe that chad hurt us as much as he can help us anymore. He is a trigger waiting to be pulled, and Bam!!!

Dec 13, 2012, 6:08 AM

Are you sure your moniker, "allorangeallthetime", is correct?

Dec 13, 2012, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Re: ESecPN just reported TT hired Kingsbury ]

I agree, morris was more than ready to leave Clemson and our bowl game High and dry. chad hurt us as much as he's going to help and I also agree that he is a trigger waiting to be pulled, and Bam!!! he's gone in a mim. I don't care about recruits that other schools need to keep-up with, leave coaches where they are now untile their season is over!!!

Dec 13, 2012, 2:06 AM

The chad looks like his feeling are hurt b/c ho found out that he really isn't the Clark Kent he thought he was. Maybe that will be enough of him getting his butt hurt and embarrassment for a couple of years....

Been thinking about this and I don't think there is a better

Dec 13, 2012, 10:14 AM

way to have handled this at all. Excited for Chad, excited for the program and confident that we'll find the next Chad Morris if needed, but psyched to have him here if he wants to be here.

Personally, I was a bit bitter that it kept going on with so many different schools. I thought it had to be frustrating for everyone but Chad. Gives me a bit of perspective to grow from. Thanks, D.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic