Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Q&A with Athletic Director Dan Radakovich - Part 1
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Q&A with Athletic Director Dan Radakovich - Part 1

Dec 4, 2012, 2:52 PM

Q&A with Athletic Director Dan Radakovich - Part 1

Dan Radakovic discusses conference realignment and television money in the first part of our series with the new Clemson Athletic Director. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

interesting***

Dec 4, 2012, 2:56 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: interesting***

Dec 4, 2012, 3:26 PM

Whats most interesting is this. He said absolutely nothing of interest.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2012, 11:11 PM

Nothing whatever about re-establishing the great S&C program that we had at Cu years ago, and those big, strong players we used to develop. Yes indeed we need to win the bowl, just like I need to win the heavy-weight boxing championship. But, if you haven't put in the time and sustained effort to build the strength and size to do that, then all the wishing in the world ani't going to make it happen. I think he's already drinking the finesse Kool-Aid. Sad.

Dec 5, 2012, 1:19 AM

Are you serious....you are an embarrassment to Clemson fans. Shut your mouth. Period. Your negativity is ridiculous! At least give the guy a chance before you blame him for every problem Clemson has had before he was hired.

Dec 5, 2012, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Re: interesting*** ]

I'm sorry, I must have missed where David asked him about the S&C program. What would you have him do, answer the conference realignment question by saying "Well we have to make our interests line up with the ACC... oh, and by the way, we have to change our S&C program!"

We ALL know it would not be the place to be if FSU left.

Dec 4, 2012, 2:58 PM

Sorry--but the truth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Radakovich's comments about how the conference landscape

Dec 4, 2012, 2:59 PM

needs to be monitored and what is good today may not be good tomorrow gives me hope that we have a backup plan and will not be left stranded in a dying conference if FSU bolts. I like what he said and didn't say.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Radakovich's comments about how the conference landscape

Dec 4, 2012, 3:19 PM

He sai what he had to say, and what he could say for that matter. I too like that he did not speak in absolutes about the ACC. We all know that they will do whats best for their own livelyhood. A successful football program means that he will never be asked to leave by CU and that he will have MANY offers to move on if he so chooses

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Yes, I was pleased with that viewpoint****

Dec 4, 2012, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Radakovich's comments about how the conference landscape ]

Re: Front Page Story: Q&A with Athletic Director Dan Radakovich - Part 1

Dec 4, 2012, 3:20 PM

Yeah this is a good sign that, at least in his mind, we are keeping tabs on things. He didnt kill the idea of leaving.

I'm pretty satisfied with his answers, however,

Dec 4, 2012, 3:29 PM

while Maryland was in a bad economic situation, I think we are in just as bad as one in a different way. While we aren't broke like Maryland was, we will be making about $10 million a year less than our rival. That is an unacceptable and dire situation of a different kind.

I think his answers certainlu left the door open for being vigilant and looking around if need be. It does sound, however, that it would not be Big12. He shot down the travel aspect.

Re: I'm pretty satisfied with his answers, however,

Dec 4, 2012, 3:37 PM

The nteresting thing about travel is I dont really see a big difference between going to Syracuse or Notre Dame than going Texas? 852 miles vs 1000

you'd have something if that was the only away game.***

Dec 4, 2012, 3:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree****

Dec 4, 2012, 3:56 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm pretty satisfied with his answers, however, ]

Dec 4, 2012, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm pretty satisfied with his answers, however, ]

It's not distance. It's the number of distant trips.

Dec 4, 2012, 3:42 PM [ in reply to I'm pretty satisfied with his answers, however, ]

Good point on the money. Hopefully his view of fixing the ACC isn't his only resolution to that point.

As for conference alignment, assuming the Big12 stays in its current formation you are correct. However, if they pick up 5 eastern schools, travel is less of an issue as more local divisions will be formed.

Tigernet staff's agenda is starting to chip away at what

Dec 4, 2012, 3:31 PM

small piece of journalistic integrity they once had.

Re: Tigernet staff's agenda is starting to chip away at what

Dec 4, 2012, 3:44 PM

The agenda of getting to the real information straight from the horses mouth? Sheesh. It's not like he's making up information here, and all of the questions in Part 1 are heavily relevant to discussions among the fanbase right now.

I apologize, Stamos, but I did not follow your thinking.

Dec 4, 2012, 3:44 PM [ in reply to Tigernet staff's agenda is starting to chip away at what ]

Help an old f@rt out by explaining what TigerNet's agenda is, and who the "they" are that had a "small piece of journalistic integrity." Thanks much....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They want to change conferences.***

Dec 4, 2012, 5:09 PM [ in reply to Tigernet staff's agenda is starting to chip away at what ]

That would be great for Clemson!

Dec 4, 2012, 5:12 PM

See, it's not just their agenda.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Regardless of your opinion on the matter, I just wish that

Dec 4, 2012, 5:20 PM

in an initial interview with the new AD more than that would be covered in the first 3 questions you have in an exclusive interview. In one moment I need to remind myself that it's just sports and doesn't demand a complete lack of bias, but in the same moment I also wish the people with the loudest voices weren't wishy-washy sensationalists.

Why?***

Dec 4, 2012, 7:51 PM [ in reply to That would be great for Clemson! ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Journalistic integrity? He posted the whole conversation.

Dec 4, 2012, 9:50 PM [ in reply to Tigernet staff's agenda is starting to chip away at what ]

How much more straight up can you get. Sure you have to be interested to ask the question in the first place. Integrity means you don't slat the answers. Hard to do that when he posts Q and A.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Deer Dan,

Dec 4, 2012, 5:22 PM

Have you ever sat in Neyland Stadium? That's how you get 100,000 in what should be a 80,000 seat stadium.

The best way to change the landscape is to landblast it.

Seriously. What conference? SEC? Big12? I can read between the "staying put" lines. #winkwink

;)

He completely avoided the last question. It was a nice deflection.

did we read a different article?

Dec 4, 2012, 9:53 PM

I read an article that posed questions of the topics that are most commonly discussed on this board, the board they monitor. They didn't seem to be baiting for an agenda at all. You need to clarify a bit.

I work with many GT alums that are so happy he's gone

Dec 5, 2012, 10:13 AM

They fussed about him for a few years. Hard to get too excited about him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic