Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Clemson-LSU has BCS feel
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Clemson-LSU has BCS feel

Dec 3, 2012, 6:35 PM

Clemson-LSU has BCS feel

The Chick-fil-A Bowl will be hosting two 10-win teams for the first time in its history and has one of the best matchups of the bowl season. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Clemson-LSU has BCS feel

Dec 3, 2012, 12:52 PM

Some of LSU's fans apparently feel like they have been short changed in some way and that playing Clemson is beneath them. They are whining all over the espn boards and their own message board as well about how it won't really be a game because LSU will just stomp little ol' Clemson. Please Dabo, find a way (don't abandon the run again) to beat these turds from DEAF valley.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Decline of crowd noise at CU's Death Valley

Dec 3, 2012, 1:52 PM

After I attended the CU/USCeast football game, I wouldn't call LSU's stadium "Deaf" Valley. After we (CU) got behind in the 3rd quarter, our crowd noise was pathetic...similar to what happened in the CU/USCeast game 2 years ago. I was in section P, upper deck, visitors side, about halfway up. I couldn't stand it anymore and dressed down a block of about 25 Clemson "fans". The first thing that I said to them was that we will never be a top 10 team with fans as dead as they were. They were silent, arms crossed, lips wrung out the whole second half...pathetic. As painful as it was, I stayed to the game was completely over so that the stands wouldn't be as empty at the end of the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

that is some funny stuff right there

Dec 3, 2012, 2:59 PM

" we will never be a top 10 team with fans as dead as they were"

cuz fans win top 10 games.
lol

The louder the fans, the greater the home field advantage.

Dec 3, 2012, 4:34 PM

You cheer loudly when the opposing QB is under center (particularly during an audible), and when the Tigers make a good play. I'm pretty sure that the visiting football team would prefer that the Clemson fans be quiet when they are under center, and that the Tigers would prefer that we cheer loudly for them when they make a good play...but you go on thinking it is laughable. I, on the other hand, feel I haven't done my job as a fan if I am not at least a little hoarse after a game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

Re: The louder the fans, the greater the home field advantage.

Dec 3, 2012, 7:11 PM

I can't speak for the rest of the fans at that game but my husband and I were hoarse for 3 days! We were loud the whole time!

Re: The louder the fans, the greater the home field advantage.

Dec 3, 2012, 9:54 PM [ in reply to The louder the fans, the greater the home field advantage. ]

Incredible that you believe this sh$t.

Re: that is some funny stuff right there

Dec 4, 2012, 11:30 PM [ in reply to that is some funny stuff right there ]

Delusional. Of course fans lose heart when we are being physiscally manhandled. Against Carolina, our OL played one of its worst games of the season. Our pass defense was virtually non-existent. We had no pass rush and virtually no pass protection. How long can you keep cheering for this kind of cr$p? So blame it on the fans?
You can't be serious. More productively, give our players a map to the weight room.

Re: Decline of crowd noise at CU's Death Valley

Dec 3, 2012, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Decline of crowd noise at CU's Death Valley ]

You are blaming that beatdown on the fans?? Then you don't have a clue as to what's fundementally wrong with this program.

Dec 3, 2012, 9:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Clemson-LSU has BCS feel ]

We're going to run against that defense with an OL that collapsed against against South Carolina? Get real. They will stomp us. Thesse are big boys who actually know their way to the weight room.

Dec 4, 2012, 11:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Clemson-LSU has BCS feel ]

> Some of LSU's fans apparently feel like they have
> been short changed in some way and that playing
> Clemson is beneath them. They are whining all over
> the espn boards and their own message board as well
> about how it won't really be a game because LSU will
> just stomp little ol' Clemson. Please Dabo, find a
> way (don't abandon the run again) to beat these turds
> from DEAF valley.

Please get over yourselves! LSU fans aren't upset about the match up. We're upset that the SEC commissioner was meddling with the bowl match ups and got us bumped out of Jerry's World. Have any of you'll ever been to a game in Jerry's World? It's absolutely incredible. It's also right next door so it's easy yo go to the game. Instead we get to play in the #### falcon tent half way across the country.

You'll tell us you'll will beat us, we tell you the same. That's they way things work isn't it?

Dec 3, 2012, 1:02 PM

I will lay it on the line right now-we WILL NOT GIVE UP 70 POINTS TO LSU! Go Tigers(CLEMSON)!

Dec 3, 2012, 1:16 PM

No, you're right we won't give up 70 points. LSU will start the first possession running the ball and do it on every subsequent possession. They'll control the clock and limit Clemson's offense the entire game, doubtful they throw the ball 10 times the entire game.

LSU is a horrible match up for Clemson's defense, well other than the DB's won't get burned.

Who isn't a horrible match-up for our D?***

Dec 3, 2012, 1:21 PM

Wrong. It's the best matchup for our def. LSU QB is bad

Dec 3, 2012, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Clemson-LSU has BCS feel ]

we have been better against the run than the pass. Usuc didn't run it on us much, they didn't try. Spur knew our decondary was our weakness and he could play keep away through the air.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wrong. It's the best matchup for our def. LSU QB is bad

Dec 3, 2012, 1:41 PM

LSU has a stable of 4 bruising backs and an O-line that is heads and shoulders better than anything Clemson has seen. Saying Clemson has played the run better than the pass is laughable, they've been carved up by both.

As to TB being a better QB, yep he is when he get time to throw. However, the LSU pass rush is as good or better than the one they saw against Souwph Kerliner, our weak O-line is going to have their hands full keeping TB upright for a half.

You fellows can swallow all the sunshine and BS you want to but Clemson is going to get its ### beat again.

No this is an awful match-up for Clemson.

People who put their money where their mouth is

Dec 3, 2012, 2:37 PM

disagree with you. Vegas opened with LSU only bet up 3. So people perhaps more successful than you, at least in betting, think it will be close.

Re: People who put their money where their mouth is

Dec 3, 2012, 10:00 PM

You got amy mone7y you want to bet?

Re: People who put their money where their mouth is

Dec 4, 2012, 11:35 PM [ in reply to People who put their money where their mouth is ]

Then why don't you put some serious money on that?

Did you watch them play Arkansas? Are we that good? What

Dec 3, 2012, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Wrong. It's the best matchup for our def. LSU QB is bad ]

about Ole Miss? Towson?

I know they have a power running game that will be tough to stop, but we will better able to stop that than a good qb carving up our secondary.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right. Their offense has been erratic

Dec 3, 2012, 2:56 PM

But their defense has been more solid but not Bama solid. One thing to keep in mind is they have around 27 sacks but have allowed on 6. So all the more reason to play call to NOT force Boyd to have to dwell in the pocket or worse to scramble.

Re: Did you watch them play Arkansas? Are we that good? What

Dec 3, 2012, 10:32 PM [ in reply to Did you watch them play Arkansas? Are we that good? What ]

That secondary was carved but by sc's backup qb.

Re: Did you watch them play Arkansas? Are we that good? What

Dec 4, 2012, 11:38 PM [ in reply to Did you watch them play Arkansas? Are we that good? What ]

Don't you get it? It doesn't take a good QB to carve up our secondary. We don't have one. We make any QB look like a Heisman candidate.

Dec 3, 2012, 9:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Wrong. It's the best matchup for our def. LSU QB is bad ]

Spot on.

Dec 4, 2012, 11:47 PM

LSU's QB has done just fine against some of the best Defenses in the country. He had a rough start because we lost all but one of our OLine. Now they have settled in he's doing fine. I doubt you'll have a top ten defense.

Dec 4, 2012, 11:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Wrong. It's the best matchup for our def. LSU QB is bad ]

You are right on, man.

Dec 3, 2012, 9:57 PM [ in reply to Wrong. It's the best matchup for our def. LSU QB is bad ]

Dream on.

Dec 3, 2012, 10:29 PM [ in reply to Wrong. It's the best matchup for our def. LSU QB is bad ]

Lsu qb is bad so what is Dylan Thompson?? Huh?

You realize we have a pretty solid run defense right?

Dec 3, 2012, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Clemson-LSU has BCS feel ]

Especially if that'll be their gameplan, we'll load the box and force their very bad QB to go toe to toe with our bad secondary.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

They are pretty balanced on offense

Dec 3, 2012, 2:59 PM

Just erratic. But their run/pass yards are about 50/50 this season. So I don't think shutting only one down will gain that much. Granted we are better off keeping Mettenberger out of the air. But they have only allowed 6 sacks this season (as best I can tell). It may be tough to keep him under pressure.

Re: You realize we have a pretty solid run defense right?

Dec 4, 2012, 11:43 PM [ in reply to You realize we have a pretty solid run defense right? ]

I assume you are kidding when you say that we have a good run defense. Who's running game have we stopped?

Dec 3, 2012, 9:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Clemson-LSU has BCS feel ]

You are right on.

Hopefully not an ACC-in-the-BCS feel.***

Dec 3, 2012, 1:14 PM

Shouldn't he have said, "Death Valley East vs. Death Valley

Dec 3, 2012, 1:15 PM

West" ??

No he should have said the Real Death Valley

Dec 5, 2012, 6:03 PM

versus the LSU Deaf Valley.

They changed it from "Deaf Valley" to "Death Valley" in the 1980's because a newspaper couldn't translate the deep cajun accents butchering the word "Deaf".

Dec 3, 2012, 1:16 PM

Certainly more than the FSU vs Northern Illinois game, which is an "actual" BCS bowl game.

Early Christmas Present?

Dec 3, 2012, 1:21 PM

Isn't the game after Christmas?

Early Christmas present to the CFA Bowl***

Dec 3, 2012, 1:44 PM

I'm still reelin' from the last BCS feelin'. ***

Dec 3, 2012, 1:52 PM

nm

Re: I'm still reelin' from the last BCS feelin'. ***

Dec 4, 2012, 11:45 PM

Hate to say it, but prepare to do a lot more reeling.

Dec 3, 2012, 3:10 PM

Just be competitive that's all we want. Be aggressive and let the best man win. Run the Dang ball this time!!! Work the backs more.

IMHO

Dec 3, 2012, 3:40 PM

in order for Clemson to have any chance, they will have to play like a team posscessed(sp)

Just don't feel good about our chances here.

The Chick-fil-a IS Bigger Then The Orange This Year ...

Dec 3, 2012, 5:07 PM

The Orange Bowl is a great example of what is fundementally wrong with the BCS

The correct solution is winner of each FBS Conference (11)
+
5 wildcards
=
16 teams, 8 games-4 games-2 games-1 game = 1 Champion

None of this argument about what Conference is naturally more superior then another because ....

Won't really know till they play each other !

Dec 4, 2012, 3:12 AM

It is going to be a VERY long day for Boyd, just like it was against South Carolina.

Dec 4, 2012, 3:16 AM

lsu at home, and lsu away from baton rouge, are 2 different teams.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2012, 4:04 AM

Not really on the defensive side, they still will bring and get a lot of pressure on Boyd. Their offense can be so-so, but their D is legit at home or away. Remember also, this is a neutral site game, so it won't be like a true away game for either team.

Dec 4, 2012, 11:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Clemson-LSU has BCS feel ]

Yep. Boys against men.

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic