Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Chad Morris interviews for NC State job
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Football Update: Chad Morris interviews for NC State job

Nov 29, 2012, 8:48 AM

Chad Morris interviews for NC State job

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This should bode well while "on the recruiting trail"...

Nov 29, 2012, 8:55 AM

I'm sure kids he's talking to are ready to commit to us now.

Message was edited by: RC Tiger®

Message was edited by: RC Tiger®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seriously, what do you say to recruits?***

Nov 29, 2012, 8:57 AM

My guess? "Son Clemson is where you need to be at...

Nov 29, 2012, 8:58 AM

NC State isn't bad either."

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

Re: My guess? "Son Clemson is where you need to be at...

Nov 29, 2012, 9:05 AM

True, but I don't think I would want to work for AD Debbie Yow, PERIOD!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess you lie

Nov 29, 2012, 9:03 AM [ in reply to Seriously, what do you say to recruits?*** ]

He told Tramell Terry this week he is def staying at Clemson and has no reason to leave.

Maybe it isn't a lie

Nov 29, 2012, 9:08 AM

or maybe it is, but a lot of coaches take interviews to keep their name out there for the future. They also take them to try to get leverage in renegotiating a better deal at their current school. I hope he stays but we will see soon enough.

Re: Seriously, what do you say to recruits?***

Nov 29, 2012, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Seriously, what do you say to recruits?*** ]

I'm "ALL IN" how about you?

Re: This should bode well while "on the recruiting trail"...

Nov 29, 2012, 11:31 AM [ in reply to This should bode well while "on the recruiting trail"... ]

Coaches do these interviews to get there feet wet to the kind of questions to expect when ever they do interview for a job they are really interested in. IMPO, I really don't believe the NCST job is a job that Chad would want b/c of the night mare it would be just to get them and keep them in the running for the ACC conference title. JUST my opinion!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Zhere on ze flank... itz zhe Zermans!***

Nov 29, 2012, 8:57 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

Say it isn't so? You mean he lied when he texted

Nov 29, 2012, 9:09 AM

so and so who said he "hasn't talked to NCState at all?"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Say it isn't so? You mean he lied when he texted

Nov 29, 2012, 9:14 AM

I would imagine he hadn't talked to them. Probably, his agent was contacted, set up the interview, etc., but just a guess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

when are fans going to realize this is JUST A JOB

Nov 29, 2012, 9:10 AM

to the coaches....JUST A JOB...this is our fun time but this is their job....really nothing more and nothing less.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its not just a job..

Nov 29, 2012, 10:44 AM

What they do affects 18-23 year old kids that rely on these coaches.. These coaches go into to these recruits homes, and tell them to make a commitment to them and the school that will decide the next four years of these young peoples lives.. It is not just a job..

Its truly pathetic how little true commitment there is to universities out there by coaches. If a 18 year old kid can do, a 40 year old man should be able to.

Re: Its not just a job..

Nov 29, 2012, 12:07 PM

The school isnt going to fire the player if they lose 10 games next year,, the coach on the other hand will be gone... it is just a job.. it has to be... doesnt mean they cant love it,, but the universities set this up.. they fire them if they lose Re: Gene CHisik... national title two years ago.. fired today...... think about that.

Re: Football Update: Chad Morris interviews for NC State job

Nov 29, 2012, 9:11 AM

If Chad is patient, he will be able to do much, much better than that.

Pun?***

Nov 29, 2012, 9:12 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I choose to believe that he is doing this for the interview

Nov 29, 2012, 9:13 AM

experience. We all know that the day may come when he does become a head coach and we also know that you go on interviews to sharpen the interview skills as well. Stay calm and Chive on!

Re: I choose to believe that he is doing this for the interview

Nov 29, 2012, 9:24 AM

I think its a lot like college football players. When you hot you gotta look at all things. Say OC stays at his current school where they had great success and next year his QB and a couple WR go down for the year and they struggle then he is not so indemand. Its hard to turn down a promotion.

Good point***

Nov 29, 2012, 4:13 PM [ in reply to I choose to believe that he is doing this for the interview ]

We need Mike O'Cain on speed dial ASAP.***

Nov 29, 2012, 9:26 AM

Re: We need Mike O'Cain on speed dial ASAP.***

Nov 29, 2012, 9:52 AM

I hope you are kidding!

Dykes has it.

Nov 29, 2012, 9:27 AM

I'm seeing stuff all over twitter and other sources that Sonny Dykes is getting the job.

Re: Dykes has it.

Nov 29, 2012, 11:56 AM

Yep ... I agree.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This should sit well with our players during the bowl game.***

Nov 29, 2012, 9:30 AM

Are we sure he wasn't in Atlanta for that interview Saturday

Nov 29, 2012, 10:24 AM

Are we sure he wasn't in Atlanta for that interview Saturday night from 7-10???

I wonder if he removed his chewing gum for the interview?***

Nov 29, 2012, 10:25 AM

Re: Are we sure he wasn't in Atlanta for that interview Saturday

Nov 29, 2012, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Are we sure he wasn't in Atlanta for that interview Saturday ]

You maybe onto something there. It sure seem to be his head wasn't on our side lines. I'm at the point of believing that a coot look alike chad was calling our plays.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He only got to run 59 plays, so he could have

Nov 29, 2012, 12:01 PM

... had an interview for the NCSU job during the long stretches of time our defense was unable to get off the field and give the offense the ball.

17 points in 59 plays equals how many points in 95 plays??

30 or so?

Enough to win??

Re: He only got to run 59 plays, so he could have

Nov 29, 2012, 12:45 PM

ACC POTY on the sidelines again and again as he called the wildcat on first down for two yard gains. Boyd up the middle on third and nine with Hopkins, Watkins, etc, etc, etc on the field. Do you really believe he called a good game. I like him and don't want him to leave, but CU should be able to score 28 points at home against anyone--especially thugalina!

Re: 59 plays

Nov 29, 2012, 1:48 PM

No, it was not a particularly well-called offensive game. We could have been more productive with the 59 plays we ran for sure. A lot of the calls were head scratchers...

But, bottom line ... we need to run a 80+ plays to win games and our defense was helpless to stop their mediocre offense on a night when their stout defense was putting the brakes on our high-powered offense.

Nobody played great, but a little bit of defense would have given the offense more opportunity.

Nov 29, 2012, 10:53 AM

Turtle Man isn't leaving Clemson. Unfinished business.

Nov 29, 2012, 12:10 PM

I really hope he decides to stay.

Succession Plan

Nov 30, 2012, 10:38 AM

I would love for him to stay but reality is he won't - if we win he leaves if we lose he leaves, either way he leaves.

Have a succession plan, if this is our offense than find the best understudy we can find and expect Morris to teach him everything he knows for however long he has left - should be part of the expectation. If our plan is to go hire another version of this offense once he leaves then shame on us. Time will tell whether it is a good thing for assistants to have this much control/impact to a major program - not sure I can name any of the coordinators of any of the top 5 schools.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic