Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Basketball Update: Brownell expects a decision on Jennings this week
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Basketball Update: Brownell expects a decision on Jennings this week

Nov 28, 2012, 10:28 PM

Brownell expects a decision on Jennings this week

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Free Milton Jennings !

Nov 28, 2012, 10:36 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgcTvoWjZJU

I guess it would have been better if he was doing tequila shooters, because that is soooooooo much safer then a joint ... I am so tired of our mickey mouse marijuana laws ... South Carolina should follow Colorado and Washington State's lead

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Free Milton Jennings !

Nov 29, 2012, 6:17 AM

It is illegal in SC and this is Jennings 3rd violation of team rules in the last 11 months.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why is marijuana illegal? Is tequila safer?

Nov 29, 2012, 6:41 PM

I heard that marijuana is illegal because the alcohol lobby and Dupont back in the 30's lobbeyed Congress and greased a few palms to make it so....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Free Milton Jennings !

Nov 29, 2012, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Free Milton Jennings ! ]

and this proves you need to change your name. WiseOne you aren't!!

That's just something stupid to say

Nov 29, 2012, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Free Milton Jennings ! ]

Even if SC did legalize marijuana, NCAA student athletes are still barred from doing drugs. Also, Clemson gets federal money so marijuana would be outlawed on campus as well. So, it makes no difference. How about the student athletes actually live up to the contract they sign when they accept scholarship money for a free education.

Re: That's just something stupid to say

Nov 29, 2012, 2:16 PM

Pretty sure I would have stayed away from weed if I was given a free ride. Since I wasn't.....well.....those were the days. Now I drink beer. I have a job that will fire me for testing positive. I'm given a one strike and your out on that one. Not going to risk my family over it. Perhaps when I'm older and retired....then I'll probably do it whether it's legal or not.

I was just looking at how other schools disciplined their

Nov 28, 2012, 10:39 PM

athletes for marijuana used, and I came across this article. Could this possibly be why so many high-profile kids want to go to Ole Miss now?

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/8000546/sec-lenient-discipline-marijuana-investigation-says

I am not sure what the punishment for Milton should or will be. I could see it being just tonight, or being all the way until the ACC season begins. I would be surprised if he's completely dismissed from the team though.

Re: Basketball Update: Brownell expects a decision on Jennings this week

Nov 28, 2012, 10:42 PM

Unless Milton has changed he is a good citizen and teammate so I hope he is reinstated

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2012, 11:08 PM

will the BOT have to approve of Brownell's suspension, like they did Sammy's?

Re:Does anyone other than me believe

Nov 28, 2012, 11:16 PM

that we could have won tonight with Milt. I do believe we would have won a one or two point game with him. Free Milt!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2012, 11:26 PM

The freshman and sophomores, outside of McDaniels, showed me tonight that they aren't ready to be first options. Milton is usually our first option, and without, our offense sputtered, and we got outrebounded very badly.

It's hard to say how the game would have been different with Jennings in there. Would the seemingly average player Byrd go off for a career night and look like Reggie Miller if Jennings were out there? Who knows, but I think our lack of scoring and their momentum and confidence had a lot to do with their being able to get out to a big lead.

I honestly don't think Purdue is a good team. We were a 6-point favorite yesterday, and this was a game we were expected to win. At the end of the year, I would be surprised if Purdue isn't outside of the top-100 in the RPI.

Without Milton, I don't think we'll be in the top-100 either though, and we'll struggle to hit 50 points most games. With Milton, I still think we'll be a bubble team, but we can't keep losing to lesser teams.

Nov 29, 2012, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Re:Does anyone other than me believe ]

what killed us was the unusually hot hand of the Perdue player and we couldn't throw it in the ocean. I have seen too many games like that from Jennings to think he would have made a difference.

To all the posters:.It ain't just about the pot, bro...

Nov 29, 2012, 5:49 AM

nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I don't know" means "yes"

Nov 29, 2012, 6:27 AM

because if you don't know if his career is in jeopardy then it is.

true***

Nov 29, 2012, 8:07 PM

Nov 29, 2012, 8:29 AM

Heard Last Night At the Basketball Game,that the way Milton got ""caught"" was____he un-plugged the fire alarm and the security guys went to his dorm room to check it out for safety reasons, that is when he was caught smoking pot ???___DUH******* Kids will be Kids !!!!

I wonder how close Milt is to graduating.***

Nov 29, 2012, 9:20 AM

Re: I wonder how close Milt is to graduating.***

Nov 29, 2012, 12:38 PM

How many times did tigernet complain about all the chances that the usuck quarterback got before he was finally let go?This is Jennings third time being caught. As a coach with the responsibility of maintaining a team concept I say "let Jennings finish his last semester" as a student. Goodbye and grow up!

Re: I wonder how close Milt is to graduating.***

Nov 29, 2012, 8:24 PM

agree_____________three strikes,you're out !!!!!!!!!!!

Third time getting caught?

Nov 29, 2012, 11:50 PM [ in reply to Re: I wonder how close Milt is to graduating.*** ]

Pretty sure this is Milt's first run-in with the law of any sort.

The first suspension (1 game) was for yelling at an assistant coach; The second suspension (2 games) was for yelling at a Vickery Hall employee. Neither incident showed a lot of maturity on Milt's part but they were not in any way him "getting caught." He's got a temper, and probably needs to work on that. In the profession from which I am blissfully mostly retired, a LOT of people have tempers that they need to work on.

Milt really stepped in it this time and as a 22 year old "grown man" (as Devin Booker put it), there should be consequences. That said, those of us that were even tangentially around Clemson (and ACC) basketball back in the 80s know that our players today (including Milt) are extraordinarily straight-laced, model citizens in comparison to those days. Heck, Milt has been suspended for as long for yelling at people as Jimmy V suspended Lo Charles for beating the crap out of a pizza delivery guy for a couple of free pizzas.

Re: Re: Free Milton Jennings !

Nov 29, 2012, 10:22 PM

Brownlee needs to smoke a bong with him and lighten up!!!!

"Free Milton Jennings" T-Shirts Should Be Made .....

Nov 29, 2012, 11:30 PM

and worn by all the students at the next B-Ball game. Of course, Mickey will be appalled.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic