Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Swinney Semifinalist for Coach of the Year Award
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Football Update: Swinney Semifinalist for Coach of the Year Award

Nov 26, 2012, 6:16 PM

Swinney Semifinalist for Coach of the Year Award

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this a joke? You can get coach of the year for beating

Nov 26, 2012, 6:30 PM

literally no one?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

lol this is the liberalizationing of America. The QB is

Nov 26, 2012, 6:44 PM

practically wearing a dress now. Can't hit like we use to and they want to kill kick returns. Next we'll be like grade school and stop keeping score. Awards will be given to nice guys, not real winners.

Yea I'd much rather be 7-5 with a win over a ###### SC team.

Nov 26, 2012, 6:47 PM

/sarcasm

you're lack of objectivity is showing again.

Nov 26, 2012, 6:54 PM [ in reply to lol this is the liberalizationing of America. The QB is ]

it's the difference between expectations prior to the start of the year and finishes.

bobby dodd got it right, objectively, as has the maxwell award naming swinney in the top 16 when no one picked this team to be 10-2.

you're so blinded by hate and anger it drips off your posts.

don't give me this i love clemson, not people crap. honestly, clemson doesn't need it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, just a nomination by knowledgable football minds versus

Nov 26, 2012, 7:06 PM [ in reply to Is this a joke? You can get coach of the year for beating ]

posters with "self-professed" football knowledge.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bmeist has got to be putting us on****************

Nov 26, 2012, 6:41 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, read the names, Dabo is a joke compared to what those

Nov 26, 2012, 6:50 PM

guys have done this year.

Dabo nor Kelly belong on there b/c Clemson nor Oregon do anything other than what is at minimally expected. Neither can consistently win the big game. Kelly has at least been better longer more consistently, but he keeps coming up short. Pretty much the rest of that list has done a great job this year. Lot of great stories in there. I'm thinking PSU gets the sympathy vote and he has done a great job all things considered.

Message was edited by: Lowcountry_Raconteur®

Yea

Nov 26, 2012, 6:52 PM

What kind of coach loses to two good football teams?

You are absurd.

you didn't know the objective, 3rd party association that is

Nov 26, 2012, 7:00 PM

bobby dodd is a collection of experts and former winners, you know, morons that know nothing about the sport?

cereal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are almost obsessive about Swinney

Nov 26, 2012, 7:01 PM [ in reply to Wow, read the names, Dabo is a joke compared to what those ]

Dabo may be outclassed by many on the list, but often people are put on the list as a consolation without much of a shot.

My bet is Kelly/ND gets the award. He has done a lot in a snort period of time.

Re: Football Update: Swinney Semifinalist for Coach of the Year Award

Nov 26, 2012, 6:56 PM

I guess the Maxwell coach's club of Pennsylvania don't read tigernet.

Maxwell coach's club of Pennsylvania don't read tigernet

Nov 26, 2012, 6:57 PM

point.

Alright Dabo!!!

Nov 26, 2012, 7:02 PM

No place to go but up...patience people....patience. We have a fairly young coach learning every day. I for one love to watch this development.

Awesome! Any takers to hire dabo away to another school?...

Nov 26, 2012, 7:16 PM

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Nov 26, 2012, 7:24 PM

This is a joke, correct?

Great, give him the flag football award as well!!***

Nov 26, 2012, 7:25 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Nov 26, 2012, 7:33 PM

Selection had to be made last Friday at the latest.

Coach of the Year?

Nov 26, 2012, 7:37 PM

The record is fantastic on paper but same as preseason polls, the eye test is needed. Dabo has done a great job in realizing he is best as a CEO and recruiter while bringing in other talent to coach but change is still needed. Will we see Coach Cheese and Batson still in position by the end of January? Even if they are not all of the problem, change is sometimes necessary to continue upward momentum and both areas have had serious questions raised. Morris and BV have both said our lines are weak in some way or another and our secondary has been dominated too many times not to consider alternatives. I'm not a coach but this appears to be a reasonable decision about management. Anyone else notice that PSU hires the SCar S&C coach and they "suprise" the national media by winning games they were not expected to win? We have seen the last of TB's recruits but have we seen the last of our weak line play? A change up should be explored. Leave Batson in place and bring in a fresh set of ideas with the heir apparent title. Joey is 25 years into this career with 21 as Head S&C Coach.

This has all been said thousands of times but are we at least past the point of calling out the fans as being part of the problem? I wish the team only success but also know that the thunder of the valley comes from every individual clapping multiplied thousands of times. Blind allegance is not necessary to be allied and they didn't print my diploma in erasible ink so no matter who joins or leaves, I'll be a Tiger until I am dead.

Great accomplishment Dabo and here is to continued success. I was at the Orange Bowl, I'll be at the Peach Bowl, and no matter where we go next, I'll be in Orange and making the best of it.

Re: Coach of the Year?

Nov 26, 2012, 8:18 PM

Wow great first post! In fact it was electric.

Thank you for the shout out

Nov 27, 2012, 12:36 AM

Well, I've been reading the Clemson sites for years without much that I thought needed adding. Letting coaches do the coaching (or at least letting other more knowledgable people voice the opinions) seems smart to me but after the loss on Saturday, it feels like we should share a voice of praise for how a job well done and some constructive thoughts on ways to get were we want to go. Our Head Coach may not like to hear us all the time but I hope he remembers a few things. Lots of us were Clemson Alumni before he was hired here and will remain should he ever leave and the million dollar salaries are ultimately paid for by us. Our reasonable opinions have some merit for consideration. It disappoints me greatly when Dabo calls out the fans because many of us helped create/maintain the special environment we have asked him to lead in. His accomplishments are spectacular but they shine brightly in the spotlight we help maintain. The heat comes with the stage and our team becomes ours when we all maintain ownership.

Thanks much for the shout out. How great will it be when our team does summit the mountain after all the work they will have put in?

Re: Thank you for the shout out

Nov 29, 2012, 7:29 PM

I agree with you about change being needed. Batson has been here a long time and most of those years have been mediocre at best. He may well be a top notch strength coach but sometimes change is needed if nothing more than to "shock" the system. I am no muscle-head but I do know when I used to work out it was always recommeded to change the way you did certain things every once in a while to trick your muscles and attain maximum benefit from your workout. If he is as good as they say he is he will have no problem finding another job. The nepotism that happens at Clemson and the ACC for that matter is a major factor in the inability of either to rise above mediocrity and fulfull our dreams of championships and respect nationwide.

Mine goes to O'Brian

Nov 26, 2012, 8:51 PM

That dude exceeded expectations after being dealt a crappy hand. Props to him.

mine goes to sumlin at texas A&M heard all summer how they wont win a game in the mighty stinking sec they almost won it first year***

Nov 26, 2012, 10:22 PM

Nov 26, 2012, 11:18 PM

You so called "Clemson fans" make me sick to my stomach. Yes, I'm not happy with the 4th loss to SC, but I'd rather have an upstanding man like Dabo Swinney as our Head Ball Coach than the jacka$$ that's in Columbia. Dabo is doing a good job in his 4th season. He'll get it going next year when BV's defense matures and is playing with some of his defensive recruits. Dabo and his staff are "raising" solid young men who will become credits to their communities. You guys need to chill out and look at the big picture in life and quit letting your own self worth be measured by the outcome of the Carolina game. There is more to life than that!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But but he should be fired, lol idiots***

Nov 27, 2012, 12:08 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic