Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Out of rhythm
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,899

Front Page Story: Out of rhythm

Nov 25, 2012, 9:41 AM

Out of rhythm

After the first quarter, the Tigers managed just one field goal and ran just 19 plays in the second half. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 field goals? Did I miss something, though it was 7+7+3?***

Nov 25, 2012, 10:07 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Wait till next year!!

Nov 25, 2012, 12:04 PM

I guess until it happens, theres always next year?

:(

Even Morris is in denial now. Tale of 2 halves? Wrong. They

Nov 25, 2012, 12:32 PM

owned us for 3 quarters and Boyd was off the mark from the first throw.

Morris has a pattern of trying to mix things up and be super balanced. He is so fixated on that he makes amateurish mistakes. Whenever Boyd is out of sync from the start, Morris does nothing to help Boyd gain some confidence and get in a groove. When your QB is struggling you help him out. You run the ball more, you throw easy screens, you use the TE, you throw swing passes to RBs in the flats, all things in our playbook that we use regularly. Yet Morris doesn't do those when the QB or offense in general need his help to get things in a groove.

Morris could help Boyd, and the OL, by adjusting his play calling, but he doesn't. Last nights game isn't the first time this has happened. It has happened many games, but we typically out talent over matched weak ACC teams, but that doesn't work against quality teams. Look at all the 3 and outs vs. FSU. Look at the 3rd quarter of almost every game this year. We have been awful during the 3rd quarter this year.

Also, everyone on TNET could see usc couldn't stop our run game early, yet Morris kept throwing despite Boyd being out of sync and our receivers dropping balls. Result? Too many short drives and 3 and outs which kept putting our defense back on the field.

Many a wise coach has said you take what the defense is giving you, but we repeatedly have OC's AND head coaches that are arrogant and think they can dictate the game. That stubborness is what killed TB. Dabo and Morris have that same stubborness. They ignore the reality that the only time an offense dictates to the defense is when the offense has a superior OL, but our OL is the weakness of our offense. They actually did pretty well at times last night, but Morris was their worst enemy.

Morris gets so fixated on balance and the big play that he ignores what the defense is giving us. Usc couldn't match our speed on the edges. Why keep running up the middle when you do run when we're killing them on the edges? And that's where those screens and swings can be effective as well.

Sorry folks, Morris is not a great college OC. He may be one day, but not yet. He and other guys like him do great against bad teams, but aren't experienced enough or humble enough to beat teams with solid defenses. Our play calling was terrible last night. We had a poor game plan and refused to stick with what was working. Morris refused to make adjustments that me, TNET, and fans in the stadium could see were needed. Adjustments that could not only help a struggling QB and OL, but take what they were giving us. That's arrogance, inexperience, or both.

Re: Even Morris is in denial now. Tale of 2 halves? Wrong. They

Nov 25, 2012, 5:22 PM

Did auburn call you yet. Your a genius. Lol.

He is right, if the o is so great put up monster numbers

Nov 26, 2012, 10:59 AM

Against one sec d and let's shut everybody up. I now have doubts about what we did against fsu s. defense. They flat out got pounded saturday by an offense that struggled all yr,mat home,and when it counted

I think that there was one game where he seemed to help, but

Nov 25, 2012, 6:10 PM [ in reply to Even Morris is in denial now. Tale of 2 halves? Wrong. They ]

you are right. Horrible O coaching last night. We should have scored at least 25-30 points last night. No excuse.

I wish there was some language in their contracts for losing to USC.

He ought

Nov 25, 2012, 12:47 PM

To feel most sorry for the fans. 4 in a row. Oh no.

Coaches

Nov 26, 2012, 10:02 AM

well all of us wanted to get Dabo out of calling the offensive plays and let Chad the Great do it. See where that got us. On TV I saw Dabo tell chad.do something different. but Chad ignored it.

Our offensive success is more atrributable to the playmakers

Nov 26, 2012, 11:09 AM

We have. Anybody can go fast and gas a team if the players are there to do it and that's what we should have been trying to do but we allowed them To get comfortable on d. I am all for the fast pace style but also for making adjs and taking what the d is giving. Our oc outhought himself by trying to change our style and then was not able to make adjustments to get into a rhythm.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,899
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic