Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Hopkins left out as Biletnikoff Award finalist
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Hopkins left out as Biletnikoff Award finalist

Nov 19, 2012, 5:37 PM

Hopkins left out as Biletnikoff Award finalist

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Player Update: Hopkins left out as Biletnikoff Award finalist

Nov 19, 2012, 5:39 PM

What do we need to do, ACC homers?

Fred B used stick-um(Free Stick Um--lol)

Nov 20, 2012, 10:44 AM

If these other"finalists" teams had the roster of complementary teammates that Nuk and Sammy have, none of them would have the numbers that our guys put up.

How many targets do we have? 8 or 9? What is the percentage of receptions based on the team total reception and yardage?

The greatest thing about our O is that no team can concentrate on one or two players. We have a really good RB and two very capable back-ups, a host of WR, and at least two TE's.

At the end of the season, WHEN we are 12-1, even the EZPN idiots have to recognize how good we are. If they don't, they will have credibility problems(which they have now...)

Wow...just wow!***

Nov 19, 2012, 5:39 PM

in the ACC playing great and doing your best...

Nov 19, 2012, 5:40 PM

isnt good enough.people will disagree.but this is part of the reason we lose big time recruits.sure we recruit great.but the guys who commit then decommit see the writing

Re: in the ACC playing great and doing your best...

Nov 19, 2012, 5:53 PM

tgrfan42069, you are an idiot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not really but okay***

Nov 19, 2012, 5:54 PM

^^^Agreed!!^^^******

Nov 19, 2012, 7:05 PM [ in reply to Re: in the ACC playing great and doing your best... ]

Re: in the ACC playing great and doing your best...

Nov 19, 2012, 6:06 PM [ in reply to in the ACC playing great and doing your best... ]

Wow little of a stretch there, don't feed the trolls.

And what do you expect us to do about it? Go independent?

Laughing at losing recruits comment.***

Nov 19, 2012, 7:54 PM [ in reply to in the ACC playing great and doing your best... ]

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot***

Nov 19, 2012, 5:42 PM

i guess the world IS ending in december then***

Nov 19, 2012, 5:42 PM

Pretty sure we knew there was a bias...

Nov 19, 2012, 5:44 PM

when Sammy, an All American from last year, was left off the list.

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

Nov 19, 2012, 5:53 PM

this is just laughable...what a big giant steamy pile of BS this is!

Come back next year and then refuse the award and tell

Nov 19, 2012, 5:54 PM

them to stick it.

I think he should forego millions of $ and try again next yr***

Nov 19, 2012, 5:57 PM

PEOPLE HAVE LOST THEIR F-ING MINDS!

Nov 19, 2012, 5:59 PM

We love you Nuk

These awards are honestly a joke***

Nov 19, 2012, 6:01 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks Fair To Me

Compare the stats. Of course, Nuk hasn't been playing full games but those other three guys have better numbers. Maybe a tougher schedule would lead to more playing time, production, and recognition.
http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2012&rpt=IA_playerrec_ttlyards&site=org&div=IA&dest=O

Absolutely looks fair

Nov 19, 2012, 6:11 PM

people on this board are ridiculous... every award/ranking should go clemsons way or its lunacy, apparently

Schedule has nothing to do with the award. Bias, nothing

Nov 19, 2012, 7:57 PM [ in reply to Looks Fair To Me ]

more.

Re: Looks Fair To Me

Nov 19, 2012, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Looks Fair To Me ]

Yea, I think we shouldn't play anyone in the acc next year except for maybe FSU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2012, 8:39 PM

The FSU game is one of the main reasons Boyd and Hopkins are getting snubbed. Boyd was outdone by EJ Manuel. Boyd isn't to blame for the loss, but if he would have put up the numbers Manuel did in that game and we had won, he would be in Heisman contention.

Nov 20, 2012, 1:58 AM [ in reply to Looks Fair To Me ]

Fair to you, what are you smoking?

Here's a link, check it out.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/player/_/stat/receiving

If I'm putting together a team, I'm going with the person who gets the most out of each catch.

Nuk averages 2.2 more yards per catch than Marqise Lee and 2.9 more than Bailey. Williams is the only one averaging more yards per catch. By the way Baylor has 5 losses regardless of who they just beat.

Nuk is averaging a TD every 4.53 compared to 7.64 by Lee, 7.45 by Williams. Bailey is the only one averaging less completions per TD at 4.4. West Virginia also has 5 losses.

Nuk is 2nd in the NCAA in TDs, 2nd in yards per catch and 7th in total receiving yards (must have over 50 receptions.)

Just sick and tired of the Tiger players not getting in any love this year.

Sick of the SEC, sick of ESPN, sick of the AP, Coaches and BCS poll.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 20, 2012, 7:44 AM

I'm looking at the same stats these guys are looking at- receptions, yards, TDs (the only category Nuk has an advantage). Nuk has 68 receptions while the other guys have 82 or more. Thumbs up for your post though. You made a good point about yds/catch and at least you are looking at the numbers instead of automoatically jumping to conclusions about everyone hating Clemson. Also none of the finalists are from the SEC.

Looks like they basically took the top receiving yardage

Nov 20, 2012, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Looks Fair To Me ]

players except for the guy from LT. How do you think he feels?

Nov 20, 2012, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Looks Fair To Me ]

be careful posting rational thoughts....

Thats OK were going to get Boyd and Hopkins back next year and win the whole %*@! thing.

nuk will get his award at the NFL draft***

Nov 19, 2012, 6:31 PM

Nov 19, 2012, 7:07 PM

This is effing unbelievable!! I am GD sick and tired of the idiots who are ignoring the stellar talent on the Clemson football team!! Let our next two football games do the talking and then we begin raising holy hadees as we go into next year ranked in the top 5 and show them what the #### this program has become!! Meanwhile, #### the torpedoes and bring the fury against those dirt pecking gamecocks!

Nov 19, 2012, 7:52 PM

I said the exact same about the Tajh snub!
Just like the heisman, they are not looking at the QB, they are looking at team record and who they played. In the acc we will NEVER have a player competing with their standards. No heimans and I doubt any NCG either. ACC schools and their very talented athletes do not qualify for any of those award. And that Ladies and Gentlemen is going to stop the best recruits from coming to as fine a school that Clemson actually is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe you should keep up with recruiting more. Would

Nov 19, 2012, 7:59 PM

allow you to make a more informed post.

Nov 19, 2012, 8:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: Hopkins left out as Biletnikoff Award finalist ]

Dude, you're so obviously a Coot that it's not even discrete anymore you ####! One could just as easily make an argument that strong recruits shouldn't go to elite programs because they'll have to wait too long before they get playing time.... Clemson attracts top talent because of the program, the ENTIRE Program....the football history, the facilities, the environment, the tradition, the future, the "something" in the hills!! Morons like you like to cast doubt and negativity because you either don't understand college football or because you are envious of Clemson!!

Dwayne Allen begs to differ***

Nov 20, 2012, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: Hopkins left out as Biletnikoff Award finalist ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2012, 8:36 PM

well i be ###### i told people this was going to happen.. going up big on teams and benching starters does this but i wouldnt change it for the world. becuase if they would have played and gotten hurt for stats i would be pissed. Nuk probably hasnt played half the quarters these foolios have played.. i mean Baylor is in shoot outs week after week.. so i understand Williams.. WVU 5-5 they are in shoot outs as well.. Marquise Lee is just a monster and they have also been going through shoot outs that's the only reason why they have more yards.. and only bailey is beating Nuk for touchdowns.. 20 to 14.. but they have more yards due to them haveing to air it out EVERY SINGLE #### GAME.. i mean look at how mny 200 and 300 yard games these guys have.. lol its crazy.. the highest out put is 200 by watkins.. and 197 by Nuk in the FIRST HALF.. lol think about they would of course have more monster numbers if they played the whole game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lee is going to win and he DESERVES it, so it doesn't

Jan 21, 2014, 11:11 PM

really matter that much that Nuk isn't a finalist. Besides, Williams and Bailey have both put up monster numbers this year too. I'd take Nuk over both of them, but this isn't the huge snub that people are making it out to be.

Nuk is awesome. But it's tough to argue against their 3

Nov 20, 2012, 8:45 AM

finalists. 2 of them average more than 145 ypg. The other has 20 TDs (along with 125 ypg).

Nuk averages 106 and has 15 TDs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is just stupid, Nuk is in the top 2 WR in the nation

Nov 20, 2012, 8:50 AM

he and Marquis Lee are the two best WR.

Baylor fans would say the same thing about Williams and

Nov 20, 2012, 10:10 AM

WVU would probably claim that Bailey AND Austin are the next two best WRs behind Lee. It's not stupid, they are all pretty even.

Nobody can argue that Lee isn't #1 though.

Nov 20, 2012, 10:34 AM

I love how people are complaining about how they only pay attention to records and schedule when the top 3 guys all play for teams with at least 4 losses. Lee was going to be on the list. Anybody that argues with that is crazy. Williams doesn't have any other really good receivers on the team which means that he gets most of the targets, but also faces more defenders. So that third spot was probably between Hopkins and Bailey. If the finalist list had 4 spots, Hopkins would be on it. But it doesn't and a guy with 20 TDs that shares offensive touches with Tavon Austin got in over a guy with 15 TDs that shares touches with Sammy Watkins. No conspiracy theory there.

Not the first time the BEST receiver did not make final!

Jan 22, 2014, 7:54 AM

Nuk is my favorite Tiger of all time! He is the poster child for hard work! What an excellent young man! Too bad the nation will not see the best receiver in college football win the Biletnikoff!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic