Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Hood: No matter what Nkemdiche decides, Clemson will be fine
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Hood: No matter what Nkemdiche decides, Clemson will be fine

Nov 14, 2012, 1:25 AM

Hood: No matter what Nkemdiche decides, Clemson will be fine

No matter how the saga of No.1 recruit Robert Nkemdiche ends up, Clemson will continue to win. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is pretty much exactly right

Nov 14, 2012, 1:40 AM

no sour grapes, no overreacting, and no overwrought theories about what's going on at Ole Miss. Best of all, you resisted the urge to question the Nkimdeche family, which we have no business doing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: this is pretty much exactly right

Nov 14, 2012, 9:02 AM

I agree completely. I also agree with staying out of this family's business. It is their family and their call. We will welcome to the Clemson extended family and provide a safe nurturing environment for their son if he wants to come to Clemson, but we cannot put ourselves in the place of a parent making decisions for their child.

Re: Front PageHood: No matter what-Clemson will be fine

Nov 14, 2012, 1:41 AM

EXCELLENT POST!
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Hood: No matter what Nkemdiche decides, Clemson will be fine

Nov 14, 2012, 2:18 AM

Thank you for posting the truth David! Please listen to this certain Tiger fans. I also hope Robert is watching and listening. He needs us more than we need him and thats a fact!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you may have missed David's point

Nov 14, 2012, 4:27 AM

it's isn't about who needs who more, it's about managing fans' reactions to a big-time prospect decommitting. Yes, Clemson will be fine, but Clemson would also really like to have Nkimdeche playing for them. Moral of the story is, where Robert goes to school isn't worth getting upset (enough to speculate about his family, his character, or Ole Miss's recruiting practices) about.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you may have missed David's point

Nov 14, 2012, 9:02 AM

"Moral of the story is, where Robert goes to school isn't worth getting upset (enough to speculate about his family, his character, or Ole Miss's recruiting practices) about."

You hit the nail on the head but I would just like to add that none of that helps Clemson in any way, especially in recruiting ANY players but especially Robert. I read an article yesterday that says that Robert's Family is upset with negative comments they have been reading on Clemson boards about his mother.
Being negative is rarely, if ever, helpful.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you may have missed David's point

Nov 14, 2012, 10:00 AM

Doubtful that really had anything to do with it. One can speculate, and it is easy to blame it on the fans who have been negative, but there were no negative comments until after his Mom came out with her statements. We showed him as much love as anybody could until all the hype from his Mother, and his frequent comments about his visits to other schools started appearing in the press. No, he and his Mother brought that on themselves. I wish him and his family well, but we will be fine, regardless of what he chooses.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you Mr. Hood!

Nov 14, 2012, 5:15 AM

Yes, then Nkemdiche sees Clemson beat Alabama in Sugar Bowl and decides to commit to the Tigers. Then Kamara is told to go to jr. college or military school and if he does well there, he may get scholarship here?

Excellent post. Just excellent***

Nov 14, 2012, 6:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Excellent post. Just excellent***

Nov 14, 2012, 6:28 AM

So let me get this straight...she insists on her family stick together and be together...I get that...and the olders son is at Ole Miss...I get that...she then hops plane and goes back to Nigeria or someplace for months and months and woont see her family...Dont care any way, they dont want to be here, I get that...forget about them, they are not bigger than our family...they will be fine but I would not burn a candle and wait them out...lets continue to build to the program we have in place. I am sure Ole Miss is a great place to be. Other guys want to be one of us and they are more important..

Posts by children do not reflect the views of Tiger Nation

Nov 14, 2012, 9:10 AM

It is not our place to judge any member of this family. We do not walk in their shoes and have no idea why they make the decisions they make. Is it possible that the good she does as a legislator in Nigeria makes the world a better place? This is their family, not ours. I would not feel good about anyone else telling me how to raise my children or judging my decisions from a thousand miles away. How would you feel in the same situation? Do you want someone judging you every time you let your kids play a video game because you know it will occupy them for an hour and you need a break? How about when you feed the McDonalds because it's convenient, they're hungry, and you didn't think to bring any healthy food with you?

Couldn't agree more...My attitude throughout the process has

Nov 14, 2012, 6:22 AM

been to support our staff 110% and refrain from comments about any recruit's decisions or family other then wish them well. I do, however, believe the NCAA should review the process and consider altering the rules to allow contract signing upon completion of a recruit's junior year in high school. Further, once signed, there should be a hands-off policy by other schools with the process well-publicized in the media hopefully to prevent the type of orchestrated campaign by the likes of Carvell at the AJC...one of the most despicable subversions of journalistic integrity I've witnessed in many years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we need players who want to be at clemson

Nov 14, 2012, 6:56 AM

#### straight.....clemson is on the verge of a great run unlike anything we have seen in a long time here at clemson.....if rn does not wanna be a part of that ......then go be mediocre at ole ####.

Re: we need players who want to be at clemson

Nov 14, 2012, 9:12 AM

Why do you have to go negative? Is your life that miserable that you feel the need to share that misery with the rest of the world? Let go of your anger and share love with the world. You'll feel better for it.

that is a dumb recruiting strategy

Nov 14, 2012, 10:08 AM [ in reply to we need players who want to be at clemson ]

If we recruited based on how much somebody really wanted to play for Clemson, we'd end up with a bunch of 5'9" white guys. It's the coaches job to go out and convince kids that they should want to play at Clemson. Very few of them grew up fans, so we can't just expect them to "want to be here."

It's pretty clear, however, that anybody who would commit to Clemson "wants to be here" anyway. But I don't see what's wrong with checking around at other places to make sure you're making the right decision.

Voice of reason...thanks David

Nov 14, 2012, 7:08 AM

This is one of your best articles on how we should perceive the recruiting process. This staff has proven that they are more than capable of effective and honest recruiting procedures. We as fans should not spew vituperative comments about any recruit or the recruit's family. Those type of comments do not reflect well on our fan base and I do not believe the majority of fans would support those views. We are a family and should always treat our family and prospective family with respect and good will. Thanks again David for your timely remarks.

Quote "Noise proves nothing. Often a hen who has merely laid an egg cackles as if she had laid an asteroid." Mark Twain commenting on the Lamecocks.

Point for "vituperative". Schooled me on that one. +1.***

Nov 14, 2012, 8:54 AM

To say that Kamara is a project is most generous****

Nov 14, 2012, 7:34 AM

I feel sorry for Robert.

Nov 14, 2012, 7:37 AM

At that age my parents would say, here is what we suggest, but you are old enough to make the choice on your own and we will support you.

They would not have acted the way Nkemdiche's mother has.

Clemson football will be fine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is their family, not ours

Nov 14, 2012, 9:16 AM

You completely missed the point. This is the Nkemdeche family's business, not ours. It is not oru place to judge them and we don't have the information in front of us to do so even if it were our task. Let's take care of our side of the street and let them make whatever decision is best for them.

Tigernet staff contributed to what happened by posting every

Nov 14, 2012, 8:04 AM

meaningless article about every meaningless quote... basically begging for negative comments. The recruiting coverage (aka twitter stalking) on this website has gone too far and it was only a matter of time until a few people started making terrible comments.

There are too many gossipy recruiting articles here.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love TNet, but I'm going to have to agree

Jul 28, 2019, 2:28 PM

On one hand it's Clemson related so I understand posting it. On the other hand, it only served to poke at the hornets nest.

Nice article...well done

Nov 14, 2012, 8:14 AM

Couldnt agree more. Time to move on .

Same here.***

Nov 14, 2012, 8:56 AM

Re: Couldn't agree more...My attitude throughout the process has

Nov 14, 2012, 9:38 AM

I would love to see us fill his spot with a five star and not let him back in!!

Re: Front Page Story: Hood: No matter what Nkemdiche decides, Clemson will be fine

Nov 14, 2012, 9:42 AM

Well said, and I agree. I expect him to be a great player, wherever he signs, but we have lots of great players, and we will have even more soon. We are on a roll, and I hope he rethinks this decision, because he is going to miss out on a very, very special time in the history of Clemson Tiger Football.

Nov 14, 2012, 9:48 AM

I agree with David 100%. We do not need anyone who doesn't want to be here. Nor do we need families who don't want their kids here. Too much distraction. Not a knock on RN's family, we have no idea what their reasoning is. We do know that the AJC has had a hissy fit ever since he committed. Somehow their interference should be against NCAA rules, but it isn't. One thing for sure, if a player doesn't want to be here we don't need them clogging up our recuiting board. The risk they take by decommitting, if they change their mind again, the spot may be gone...

It all begs the question -

Nov 14, 2012, 10:11 AM

What good is any commitment promise if it is recanted as easily as it is made? It's no different than the usual promises repeated in those off color jokes....

Sure, if a player makes a habit out of committing and recanting it has some impact. But otherwise, why would anyone get excited about it? There is only one event that matters at all. Signing. The rest is just noise for press conferences and to fill empty pages.

Interesting that Hood didn't mention

Nov 14, 2012, 10:24 AM

Clemson's second highest rated DE recruit, Elijah Daniel, as someone to make up for Nkemdiche's departure. What's that all about?

What's your line on the CU/SCar game?***

Nov 14, 2012, 10:34 AM

Hard to say

Nov 14, 2012, 11:39 AM

If we can consistently pressure Boyd, I think we win by a couple of TD's. If not, we probably lose by a couple. More than likely, we get inconsistent pressure on Boyd and the game could go either way depending on how much.

Toogie...

Nov 14, 2012, 11:41 AM

You gonna throw out some points or no? Stop being so wishy-washy.

Re: Toogie...

Nov 14, 2012, 12:39 PM

No, I only deal in verifiable facts. All of my post are based on facts. And the facts of how the Carolina/Clemson game turned out have not been established yet.

Nov 14, 2012, 11:33 AM

I think Hood is absolutely correct no one recruit is going to stop the momentum the Clemson has going at the present time. Although, we would like to have all the good ones, we know that don't happen.

What were all these "negative" remarks.Maybe I missed

Nov 14, 2012, 11:38 AM

some stuff but all I've seen is people saying fine if you don't wanna be here we don't want you.
Maybe their family needs to look up the definition of commitment and quit trying to steal the spotlight on the ajc front page every other day.

How dare you

Nov 14, 2012, 12:04 PM

How dare you use logic, reason, and emotional self control on this message board.

A very well written and accurate article. Thanks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2012, 12:11 PM

We have such great team chemistry & I don't want anyone at CU unless they are totally happy and want to be there and be part of a TEAM.....

Best of luck

Nov 14, 2012, 1:23 PM

to the young men as they try to find what is right for them.

These kids are making a mistake. Clemson is an awesome place.

I'm tired of hearing the drama and "reporters" like michael carvell should be ashamed of themselves for making a circus out of these young men's lives.

Either way, when you have kids like Gallman being ALL IN, it makes it much easier when kids like RN and Kamara have a problem recognizing what "commitment" really is.

Nov 18, 2012, 11:11 PM

This is exactly right. By the way, why would a concerned mother want her son to go and play football at a school like Ole Miss after the ugly and divisive racial divisions which exposed themselves after President Obama was re-elected? Someone should send some of the news coverage to his mother.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic