Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Nkemdiche no longer a Clemson commitment
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Nkemdiche no longer a Clemson commitment

Nov 8, 2012, 2:51 PM

Nkemdiche no longer a Clemson commitment

Sources have confirmed to TigerNet that Loganville (GA) Grayson defensive end Robert Nkemdiche is no longer considered a commitment by the Clemson coaching staff. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haha...Dabo and RN agreed they should "part ways"

Nov 8, 2012, 2:54 PM

For a while. Sounds like Dawson's Creek.

Clemson needs to win out, play strong and beat the eye test.

Nov 8, 2012, 3:09 PM

overall.

Control what the team can control. Stop worrying about a 17 year old for a while.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Nkemdiche no longer a Clemson commitment

Nov 8, 2012, 3:18 PM

Elijah Danials and Dane Rogers are two beast! I'll take them any day!

Beat Maryland***

Nov 8, 2012, 3:46 PM

I don't want the big spoiled baby

Nov 9, 2012, 5:29 PM

His inability to commit to a course of action speaks ill of his character.

Classy POTD

Nov 9, 2012, 5:31 PM

because EVERYONE knows the details every situation on the Internet....

Continue to support him

Nov 8, 2012, 3:18 PM

and the rest of the trio. Even with a decommittment there's no way we aren't in the top 3. I don't blame him at all for doing whatever it takes to get Michael Carvell and the rest of the media off his back.

^^^ THIS---- We still want the kid

Nov 8, 2012, 4:01 PM

People need to stop acting like this is a girl friend you dump after she cheated on you. Just b/c you fans get excited and let down over the recruiting process doesn't mean you should make a recruit feel unwelcome. It's his decision on where to go based off of a lot of things, fan quality included.

Re: ^^^ THIS---- We still want the kid

Nov 8, 2012, 4:06 PM

Calling BS on the Dabo and he agreed to part ways. Didn't happen.

Re: ^^^ THIS---- We still want the kid

Nov 8, 2012, 4:23 PM [ in reply to ^^^ THIS---- We still want the kid ]

Amen!

If our staff feels they can still land him, then we do not need to give Ole Miss or Alabama recruiters ammo to show RN that Clemson fans have "turned" on him and his family. Let him, and his family, see nothing but love from us.

Stop it with the blame the media stuff….

Nov 9, 2012, 3:54 AM [ in reply to Continue to support him ]

if he wanted the media off of his back then he could have just stopped talking to the media and stopped making contradictory statements, and could have told his Mom not too talk to the media other. This drama queen has been playing Clemson for suckers the whole entire time to get more attention for himself.

And I got blasted earlier for suggesting Dabo do this....doh***

Nov 8, 2012, 3:26 PM

I wish RN the best, but Dabo realizes he's not worth the drama.

Message was edited by: RU4GOD2®

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Original thoughts aren't tolerated here

Nov 8, 2012, 3:31 PM

you can't suggest coaches do something, only vigorously agree with them when they make decisions on their own, no matter what they are.

Dabo didn't do it...RN did.***

Nov 8, 2012, 3:55 PM [ in reply to And I got blasted earlier for suggesting Dabo do this....doh*** ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You were laughed at for suggesting they part ways

Nov 8, 2012, 3:55 PM [ in reply to And I got blasted earlier for suggesting Dabo do this....doh*** ]

permamently. Dabo suggested they part ways "for now," which means temporarily.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's naive...***

Nov 8, 2012, 5:46 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Wow. He must have really liked TDP. ******

Nov 8, 2012, 3:46 PM

null

Thank you, Dabo***

Nov 8, 2012, 3:27 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Nov 8, 2012, 3:52 PM

I can't help but to think he has played our coaching staff all along.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^exactly, the kid made statements to the media...

Nov 9, 2012, 3:56 AM

that were contradictory twice a week ever since he "committed" to Clemson.

Nov 8, 2012, 3:57 PM

The mama's boy needs to go to Mississippi, we don't need any mama's boy.

We were on a break!

Nov 8, 2012, 3:58 PM

Is what we'll tell him on Saturday when we pull out the stops for MA.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mr. Wooden and commitment

Nov 8, 2012, 4:20 PM

Most people don't honor their "yes" - it's just reality. But what is most needed is people of integrity, who hold to their commitments. This wins out in the end. That is why the following is such a great vignette:

John Wooden was down to two choices in 1946, and one of them was trying to call him and offer him the job. That was the University of Minnesota. But they could not get through because of a snow storm. Meanwhile, the other school called and offered him the job. He said yes to that school, UCLA. Minnesota finally got through to him and made him the offer only hours later.

"I'm sorry," he said, "I've just made a commitment to UCLA and I have to honor my word to them."

And the rest is history.

John Wooden was a man

Nov 8, 2012, 4:27 PM

But RN is 17 years old and STILL answers to his parents. It would be great if RN was allowed to make his own decision because I bet it would be Clemson. Let it play out. His mother will be back in Nigeria next week, then Dabo can bring him back in.

17 is old enough to understand the meaning of commitment

Nov 9, 2012, 4:14 AM

And if he didn't understand what commitment meant, then maybe our coaches should have told him what it meant when he committed to us.

Right now we know that his mom said from the get go that it wasn't really a commitment and her son confirmed it.

We'll find out in a couple of months. He is either still committed and appeasing mommy or he's gone for good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 17 is old enough to understand the meaning of commitment

Nov 9, 2012, 1:10 PM

That is my point:
He is either appeasing his mother, or it was never real.

Thing is that I do not know which, so I will give him the benefit of the doubt right now. Come NSD, my opinion could change. But until that time, I stay neutral.

Still want him to be a Tiger, but

Nov 8, 2012, 4:29 PM

As long as he doesn't go to SCAR, I'll be able to wish him well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Still want him to be a Tiger, but

Nov 8, 2012, 7:13 PM

I don't think that has ever even been imagined. Perhaps fantasized by coot fans.

One edit to Mickey Conn's quote...

Nov 8, 2012, 4:30 PM

Towards the end of the article...

"At this point, I think it's a family decision," Conn said. "The family's going to get together and make the best decision for MRS. NKEMDICHE"

Meanwhile, in Clemson, a FOOTBALL SEASON IS UNDERWAY.

Nov 8, 2012, 5:01 PM

When did the cart come before the horse? Is it just me or does recruiting only matter to make us a better team during football season. Why the crap is recruiting even mentioned DURING FOOTBALL SEASON!?

End this madness.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully it's a case of distance makes heart grow fonder***

Nov 8, 2012, 4:52 PM

Perhaps RN is still secretly committed to Clemson but Dabo

Nov 8, 2012, 4:59 PM

and himself agreed that decommitting and then later recommitting would significantly ease his family's stress factor, which would actually be a smart move. Hey, what's a story like this without a conspiracy theory, right. ;)

Actually, I think this is indeed a valid theory based on

Nov 8, 2012, 5:30 PM

other articles I've read. Maybe wishful thinking but his Mother certainly has put a lot of pressure on Rob. So much so that it was said she wasn't going to return to Nigeria until he decommitted.

your loss big guy

Nov 8, 2012, 5:04 PM

you think you gonna win something at Ole Miss??? sorry bro............take a hike. Have fun with a losing record!

Nov 8, 2012, 5:39 PM

He may have been the #1 recruit in the nation, but I am glad that the drama is all over. I don't believe that we need to bend over backwards and offer some prospect a pot of gold to play at Clemson. We have always been good for recruiting top talent! If he wants to go somewhere else let him Go. I, personally, don't believe that he was going to commit to CU anyway, and I am one of many that say's: Let's do more recruiting for the best and part ways with Robert!!

I can't help but wonder through all of this what Nigerian

Nov 8, 2012, 6:01 PM

political campaign finance laws, regulations and reporting are like. Everybody better be on their best behavior here.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah... Go to Ole Miss

Nov 8, 2012, 6:13 PM

And be a part of a totally irrelevant tram

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No way, "Blindside" turned that program into a powerhouse.

Nov 8, 2012, 7:24 PM

A little breathing room, please

Nov 8, 2012, 7:21 PM

Allow this young man some room. The AJC, mullet wrapper that it is, has hounded this kid. Not to mention those morons at Bleacher Report. So, let's stay in touch, and allow what made him fall in love with CU from the get-go occur again.

Good luck Robert. I personally hope you have a Tiger Paw on your helmet, but if not, good luck.

BTW, have you noticed how many outstanding defenders Clemson has in the NFL? Our offense is lights out, and we want to return to "bust you in the mouth" defense.

Quit blaming the AJC…..

Nov 9, 2012, 4:00 AM

as SEC biased as they are, they didn't make RN come out and make contradictory statements. The AJC didn't make RN's mother come out and diss Clemson.

Been under a rock?

Nov 9, 2012, 6:27 AM

If you don't think that the AJC and other media outlets' relentless hounding this kid of,"why Clemson" was a major factor, you're not human. A teenager, no matter how mature is still a vessel of raging hormones and random thoughts.

Throw in the pressure from family, yep, recipe for disaster.

I'm saying let's let RN see again what he and other kids see in the Clemson culture. That whatever it is that grabs the CJ's, Tajh Boyds, Sammies and NUKs. Yeah, I blame AJC. Nick Saban probably didn't help either.

With a family as screwed up as his...HE NEEDS CLEMSON

Nov 8, 2012, 7:28 PM

Not all of the issues with families come from crack head drunken wife abuser or hookers...sometimes it's those who are so selfish & self-centered that they can't take care of their own kids.

HAHAHA, pressure? This kid and his family has been playing..

Nov 9, 2012, 3:50 AM

up this drama the whole entire time. Ever notice how all our other commits will tell the reason why they like Clemson, Nkemdiche committed and never talked about why he liked Clemson so much. He claims the media twisted his words, then he non stop talks to the media giving contradictory statements. His Mom, who doesn't even live in the country, all of a sudden comes on the scene and starts dissing Clemson. She also says that she likes Bama, even though she has never been there before. She comes out and says she has no time to go to Clemson, even though Loganville is much closer to Clemson than Oxford. RN will then come out and say he is committed to Clemson, then his mom will say he is not. RN if you want to be Kim Kardashian, have fun with it and have fun losing a lot at Ole Miss and having your head coach fired after your Freshman or Sophomore season.

Maybe we'll get lucky and still get him...i mean all of his

Nov 9, 2012, 8:06 AM

friends are still coming and he knows he loves the school. There is still hope. I think he needs to see these other places so his mind is right. We still have a decent shot at getting him here. We have another 2 and a half months until he figures it all out.

NCAA sanctions

Nov 9, 2012, 5:34 PM

I would love for RN to come be a Tiger!!! However, I have a gut feeling that his mother has done some things throughout the recruiting process that are frowned on by the NCAA. All I can envision is RN coming to Clemson, us regaining our "bust you in the mouth" defense, and then the NCAA slapping sanctions on us, eliminating the progress Clemson Football has made in the last few years. As I stated earlier, I would love for RN to come to Tiger-Town and strike fear into the heart of opposing OLs and QBs. Alas, I hope that if we do land RN, my crazy ramblings don't occur. I just want him to remember wherever he goes, a man's word is all he really has in this world!

Re: NCAA sanctions

Nov 9, 2012, 7:55 PM

His mother is worried about traveling to ol Miss and Clemson would be to much, just think about that, it's about 100 miles to Clemson and about 300 too ol Miss!!!! from Ga. just saying.

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic