Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Morris: Return of Watkins to form opens up playbook
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,721

Front Page Story: Morris: Return of Watkins to form opens up playbook

Oct 29, 2012, 1:14 PM

Morris: Return of Watkins to form opens up playbook

Offensive coordinator Chad Morris said on Monday that Sammy Watkins rounding into shape has allowed him to be more aggressive with the play calling. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Try: Watkins' Return to Form Opens Up Playbook.***

Oct 29, 2012, 2:56 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Playbook opened by Watkin's form return***

Oct 29, 2012, 3:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Loaded box doesn't explain ZERO push, few holes from OL.

Oct 29, 2012, 3:09 PM

The problem with the running game didn't seem to be that there were more hats in the box. It seemed that the OL got zero push and opened very few creases against a smaller DL that Clemson should have dominated. Often our RBs ran into brick walls.

I'm sorry, but you really have to question our S&C program. Our 3-4-star-laden OL had a 45lb/man advantage on Wake's 0-2-3-star laden DL, but watching the game, you might have guessed that Wake had the size & talent advantage.

It was nice to see Morris call (and the team execute) more deep balls.

Welp, now that TDP is gone, we gotta blame someone.***

Oct 29, 2012, 3:10 PM

Re: Loaded box doesn't explain ZERO push, few holes from OL.

Oct 29, 2012, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Loaded box doesn't explain ZERO push, few holes from OL. ]

zero cover meant 2 more people in the box, 5 blocking against 7

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 more in the box, not on the OL, as I pointed out.***

Oct 29, 2012, 4:50 PM

Razz doesn't know football

Oct 29, 2012, 10:42 PM

Stacking the box CAN create a brick wall. They CAN'T line up on the OL, as anyone knows, but once the ball is snapped, they can (and did) rush the line and essentially become line tacklers/blockers, which if you go back and watch the game, is exactly what they did. So, yes, Razz, stacking the box does create fewer holes.

For those of you not familiar with Razz's rants, he is incapable of understanding that 1 stars can and do sometimes out-perform 5 stars regardless of who their S&C or position coaches may be. According to Razz, it's never the player's fault. It always rests on the coaches. I'm certain he uses the same philosophy in life and blames his wife and/or bosses for his shortcomings.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

ND Fired a Batson Disciple

Oct 29, 2012, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Loaded box doesn't explain ZERO push, few holes from OL. ]

when Kelly came in, and they're absolutely nasty in the trenches now.

Re: Loaded box doesn't explain ZERO push, few holes from OL.

Oct 29, 2012, 7:15 PM [ in reply to Loaded box doesn't explain ZERO push, few holes from OL. ]

Careful Razz. You just kicked the golden calf. I agree, even lower tier SEC teams have athletes that look and move like gladiators.

Loaded box has nothing to do with players getting whipped

Oct 30, 2012, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Loaded box doesn't explain ZERO push, few holes from OL. ]

in 1 on 1 battles. WF's undersized DL were moving our OL backwards. 260LB NT Whitlock was single-handedly taking our "All American" center and pushing him back 3-4 yards into the backfield on just about every play. He should be embarrassed.

7 and 8 in the box can explain why there were no holes to run through, but it doesnt explain or excuse why our guys get whipped consistently in one on one battles in the run game and are moving backwards.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,721
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic