Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: Friday (Thursday) Email Bag
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,870

Mickey Plyler's Blog: Friday (Thursday) Email Bag

Oct 25, 2012, 11:17 AM

Friday (Thursday) Email Bag

Friday Email Bag
Each Friday I publish your comments and answer your questions.  To submit a comment or questions please email me at mickeyplyler@hotmail.com.

Note-This week we have moved the Email Bag to today. Friday we will review the Wake game.

Mick - the future is bright on t

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stopping the WooHoo would require 1 simple step...

Oct 25, 2012, 11:56 AM

Getting the Jumbotron operator to post messages throughout the game stating "Please do not WooHoo, it is not part of the Clemson Fight Song."

Short of doing that for every tiger rag and every home game for a year, I don't think there is any way to eradicate it.

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Friday (Thursday) Email Bag

Oct 25, 2012, 12:06 PM

"...the stadium is now engulfed in [possibly carcinogenic] fireworks smoke long enough to make people sick...."

Yes, I've been engulfed every time. That smoke just hangs around for what seems like hours.

Let's get rid of the fireworks. While we're at it, lets ban clapping and cheering (and the cannon) in the stadium because it can cause deafness. Get rid of the scoreboards and light ribbons because the flashing lights can cause seizures. Eliminate drinking in the parking lots because it contributes to addiction. Allow only electric vehicles on campus because of carbon monoxide. And for goodness sake, why are we letting people go on the field after the game? Someone is sure to get mauled in the crush.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Well, other than that, Mrs. Lincoln....how was the play?"

The letter writer was eloquent, clever, and distinguished

Oct 25, 2012, 10:30 PM

But that may just be me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kick-off Return Starting Field Position

Oct 25, 2012, 12:18 PM

I've heard some folks talk about the lack of touchbacks by Clemson kickers. There is an article on the ncaa website that is tracking the 2012 kickoffs and it said that through 10/6 that there had been 1450 touchbacks and that for all of 2011 there were only 1397 touchbacks. The rule changes (35 yard line kick vs 30 last year) plus the reward of starting on the 25 yard line, seems to be encouraging returners to take a knee. It seems Clemson and several other teams are trying to manipulate the rules in the other direction by kicking a "sky ball" with a shorter distance and longer hang time, and trying to keep the returner inside the 25 yard line. I don't doubt that if we had an opposing returner that was a concern that the kicker could put it out of the endzone when necessary. It would be interseting to know where Clemson's opponents are starting after kick-offs as compared to giving them the 25 to start.

Here is the info you seek Mr. T:

Oct 25, 2012, 12:59 PM

Clemson has had 23 KickOffs returned this season. Average start on those kicks - 26 yard line. (If you take out FSUs 2 big returns - which you can't do - the average start is the 22 yard line.)

8 of 23 have been returned beyond the 25 yard line.

0 of the last 8 have been returned beyond the 25 yard line (average start for those 8 was the 18 yard line - that includes the GT "return" to their own 4, right before the safety).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here is the info you seek Mr. T:

Oct 25, 2012, 1:10 PM

I assume the coaching staff is tracking this and is providing direction...if we can keep them inside the 18 and also put a bruise on 'em, I say kick it high and short and forget the touchbacks.

exactly....***

Oct 25, 2012, 4:24 PM

I find Ed's letter on ESPN bias to be as close to omniscient

Oct 25, 2012, 11:56 PM

as a mere mortal can achieve. Just wanted to thank Ed for his thoughtful insights and keen observations. In fact, he sounds precisely like the kind of professional strategist that I would like to hire for my company. Seriously, we're talking seven figures here and that's just for starters.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,870
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic