Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Mickey Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag

Oct 5, 2012, 10:06 AM

Friday Email Bag

Friday Email Bag
Each Friday I publish your comments and answer your questions.  To submit a comment or questions please email me at mickeyplyler@hotmail.com.

Mickey,
Me and you have a lot in common: we're the same age, grew up on nasty Clemson D and we both are from the home of the

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mickey, I like how you threw the record in there

Oct 5, 2012, 10:58 AM

After the Dabo meeting, haha! I'm encouraged on the path that the program is heading.

Re: Mickey, I like how you threw the record in there

Oct 5, 2012, 12:05 PM

Also still winless vs. SC after meeting and

0-2 in bowl games after meeting.

South Florida loss not as bad as 70 point (which could have been 90+ debacle) to 8-5 Big East Champ but both pretty bad considering.

The guy can recruit and finally has two reputable coordinators but after attending the BC game last week there are still so many little things that HC needs to beat into players that pop up often.

Ex. Not fieldng a punt inside own 10 let alone 5. Going for it on 4th in own territory with 7+ minutes left when opposition had no problem moving ball past 40 yd line. A good team capitalizes on those poor decisions. Lucky for us BC not nearly below average but poor. There is not a player on their sideline that was not passed over by Clemson. Talent gap huge yet headcoaching still keeps teams like this in game.

14-5 thanks to Morris & 16th ranked O, not 88th ranked D.

Oct 5, 2012, 12:48 PM

Mark's email was referring to the D.

We may not have Alabama-talent on D, but after a bunch of Top 20 recruting classes and a D chocked full of 3, 4 & 5 stars, the D surely has enough talent to be ranked higher than 88th out of 120 FBS football teams.

Great, comprehensive analysis of D's woes here:
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2012/9/27/3414426/what-is-wrong-with-the-clemson-defense

Comparison of Clemson/GT 2-deep star rankings here.
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2012/10/4/3451674/georgia-tech-clemson-2012-depth-chart-comparison

"Clemson's colors have always been purple and orange" nope

Oct 5, 2012, 1:37 PM

At some point in the distant past, if I remember correctly, the Tiger's colors were purple and gold. I think it was in the first few years.
If so, I'd love to see a retro uniform with those colors for a game. Anyone have any pics, programs, etc.?

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic