Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: Boston College Review
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Mickey Plyler's Blog: Boston College Review

Oct 1, 2012, 11:17 AM

Boston College Review

Boston College Review
Clemson went on the road Saturday and accomplished several things in the win over Boston College.

It was not a masterpiece but several positives came out of the road win against a conference opponent.

Last week we talked a lot about one loss not turning into two.

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Boston College Review

Oct 1, 2012, 11:22 AM

tackling will really be a test this week. We need to have our best week yet there

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting to see which GT shows up

Oct 1, 2012, 12:07 PM

I think we'll get their best and then some since we always get their best, but they're kind of up against a wall now too.

I'd love to beat them by 50 and continue their death spiral.

Re: Interesting to see which GT shows up

Oct 1, 2012, 5:10 PM

I'll just take a win; very worried (as always when we play GT) that we will not be able to stop the run.

Oct 1, 2012, 11:43 AM

Have to agree with most of what Mickey said. Just want to continue to post about how bad our safeties are. If we can't figure out a way to get more production out of those two spots we are still in for a long year if you ask me.

Hall, Meeks and Brewer have been awful all year from those two safety spots and until we do something about it the team will continue to struggle as it is like we are playing with 10 men instead of 11 most of the time on defense.

Agree about the safeties. Peters got hung out to dry

Oct 1, 2012, 11:47 AM

on that last TD. He was where he was supposed to be but the safety, a senior safety at that, got caught peeking in the backfiled and blew the coverage. I think it's time to play some young safetys as well.

no mention of Jaron Brown?

Oct 1, 2012, 11:55 AM

He had some huge catches for us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: no mention of Jaron Brown? he did and I wish

Oct 1, 2012, 12:12 PM

he'd have more. seems to be the forgotten man

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Attendance was 41k - not 25k

Oct 1, 2012, 12:23 PM

as you mentioned. It seems that some in the program (Players and Coaches)and those outside the program (Fans and Media) want to keep mentioning that playing in front of 25-45k is "not a good environment", "no energy", etc. Again, that is a loser mentality. I don't recall Nick Saban harping about the crowd at Duke 2 years ago when Alabama mauled Duke. I an hear the excuses now for the game at Duke - "tough place to play", "its hard to get motivated with no energy in the stands", "we knew it would come down to the 4th quartr", etc. That is HOGWASH!

these are KIDS......they aren't going to be jacked up

Oct 1, 2012, 12:52 PM

to play every single week....to think that would be naive...they took a business like approach and won the game....check it off the list and move on.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: these are KIDS......they aren't going to be jacked up

Oct 1, 2012, 1:39 PM

I remember seeing the camera pan up as we were only up by 10 at the start of the fourth quarter. The stands had huge sections with no one sitting in them. If I was a BC fan, I'd be embarrassed by that. I guess their fans only show up when they are winning game after game.

Did you see Miami - made BC look like a sellout.***

Oct 1, 2012, 5:10 PM

Oct 1, 2012, 12:55 PM

Against GT, chunk plays are not what beats us, it is the long drives that allows their D to rest and our O to cool down......
Our D needs to concentrate on getting 3 and outs. If we give up an occasional chunk play then the Os supposed to score more points than the opponent. The Ds job is to get the GTs O off the field. I love our 3rd down % for our O and our D that is the most encouraging stat so for this season. The problem with GT is that a lot of the field is 4 down territory! If we do not get tackles for loss we will give up long clock consuming drives.
Go Tigers

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic