Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Mickey Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag

Aug 31, 2012, 10:48 AM

Friday Email Bag

Friday Email Bag
Each Friday I publish your comments and answer your questions.  To submit a comment or questions please email me at mickeyplyler@hotmail.com.

Mickey,
I have to say this as I have said it to a couple other media guys lately. The word is out that the FANS and the PLAYE

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag

Aug 31, 2012, 1:45 PM

Mickey,

In one of your responses, you mentioned what we Carolina fans should be concerned about coming out of the Vanderbilt game last night. I would respond that if you are specifically talking about the cornerback position in the secondary, then you are spot on. If, when talking about our depth in the Defensive Line, you are talking about the Defensive Tackle position, then, yes, I agree with you on that, too.

I think you have to e-mail him at his hotmail

Aug 31, 2012, 2:17 PM

address for him to definitely see your response. Maybe he is reading TigerNet directly , but doubt it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To Razzmatazz

Aug 31, 2012, 1:48 PM

I've noticed that you post a lot of things about previous statistics and past records and events. To me, it shows a little about your ability to see things as the presently are and your lack of reality. This is college football. More so than any other sport, statistics from previous years mean little to nothing. New players every year. New coaches often. New opponents. New rules. New everything. For someone to compare previous records and try to to tie ANY type of current similarities, commonalities or predictions to that data, is at best, naive.

Re: To Razzmatazz

Aug 31, 2012, 2:11 PM

Data is data; you may not prefer to quantity players/teams but I find his post informative (most of the time). I don't always agree with him (although I do a lot) but he is knowledgable and enjoys the game in a different way than you do.

There are many sports that use data a lot; plus, I'm pretty sure Vegas has a few tidbits of info they look at when predicting.....

Keep it up Razz.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To Razzmatazz

Aug 31, 2012, 2:14 PM

The only problem with Razz is he spends all his time finding gloom and doom. Doubt Dabo will ever do enough to win him over.

Missing the point, maybe

Aug 31, 2012, 3:40 PM [ in reply to To Razzmatazz ]

He's saying that our expectations should probably be HIGHER than they are...which isn't about the team, it's about us.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly my point! Shouldn't we have higher expectations?

Aug 31, 2012, 7:44 PM

If, as of today, we'd be favored in 10 games, why do Mickey and so many Clemson fans expect to win less than 10? Is it because of our historical performance against underdogs & favorites?

At the time I submitted the quesiton to Mickey, it seemed like we should have expected 10 wins. Heck, after the watching SCar@Vandy last night, as of today, I think Las Vegas might favor us in 11 games.

Rejoice. That's a good thing.

Thanks for confirming my point! EXACTLY!!!

Sep 1, 2012, 12:50 PM [ in reply to To Razzmatazz ]

One quibble though.... I can only measure past results, not future results, so forgive me, Las Vegas, the pundits, and many others for providing past statistics instead of future statistics in support my opinions.

But you EXACTLY made my point in saying that we should ignore historical performance. In Mickey's preseason prediction of a 9-3 season (when preseason we'd likely be favored to win 10) isn't Mickey's low expectation a result of our HISTORICAL performance in "underdog wins/losses"? Isn't 10-2 a more reasonable expectation? Why can't people shake that feeling that we need to predict an underdog loss? Who should beat Clemson?

To be clear. I asked if spreads were set TODAY not pre-game.

Sep 1, 2012, 12:59 PM

Mickey answered that he didn't know who would be favored in October or November, but that's not what I was asking about. I do appreciate Mickey taking the time to read my email and post a response.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic