Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Watkins faces media, talks about suspension
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 2,868

Front Page Story: Watkins faces media, talks about suspension

Aug 3, 2012, 10:09 PM

Watkins faces media, talks about suspension

Sammy Watkins met with the media late Friday evening to talk about his two-game suspension, and he answered the questions and faced the scrutiny the same way he faced opposing defenses last season - head on and with no punches pulled. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well to all you doubters that Dabo would do the right thing

Aug 3, 2012, 10:15 PM

there ya go, now screw off

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey Spurrier, you could learn from Dabo***

Aug 3, 2012, 10:16 PM

Spudier is ONLY ABOUT WINNING

Aug 3, 2012, 10:23 PM

he will use anything or anybody to do so, and #### nation worships him. They think that it is funny. They are so hungry for championships that he can do as he wishes. Dabo may not have OBS's win total, but he has CLASS.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

sadly...

Aug 3, 2012, 10:27 PM

its not just ball sack that cares only about winning at the expense of everyone and anything around him. More sad is that it doesn't just happen in college bal

NO WAY AUBURN GAME WASNT GONNA GET MISSED!!! ###

Aug 4, 2012, 11:07 PM [ in reply to Hey Spurrier, you could learn from Dabo*** ]

At least Dabo gave Sammy a tune up game for FSU against Furman. Instead of first game against ACC Atlantic Rival FSU being ice cold.

Re: Well to all you doubters that Dabo would do the right thing

Aug 3, 2012, 11:18 PM [ in reply to Well to all you doubters that Dabo would do the right thing ]

Cheers to you my friend, well put. I will admit I was a little pissed when I first heard he received a two game suspension. I honestly thought it would be the first half of the Auburn game. However, Dabo is a stand-up guy and holds everyone to the same standards. Too bad the rest of the coaches in the country aren't half the man Dabo is. Spurrier could learn a lesson or two, but then again, he is a total d-bag.

Aug 3, 2012, 11:20 PM

And cheers to Sammy. Few like him and this will make him a lot of money in the future b/c he will make it to the NFL and organizations remember this kind of character. It isn't too often these days you see anyone take the blame for their actions like this, no matter what age they are.

Aug 4, 2012, 7:12 PM [ in reply to Well to all you doubters that Dabo would do the right thing ]

Back to ya Bart... DA at Greenville News

I bet Bart feels pretty stupid...(sorry being redundant... look that up dumb ###) (Bart = Stupid , get it) anyway Dabo yes young Dabo has come out looking superior in this knowledge and wisdom and timing thing over the “bart sportswriter want a be” on how to handle his players after all. Ya cant stand it when he gets you can you Bart... stroker!

Re: Front Page Story: Watkins faces media, talks about suspension

Aug 3, 2012, 10:18 PM

I think the 2 game suspension is extremely harsh punishment. Sammy has done everything Dabo told him to do and he has done everything the courts have told him to do. I think the suspension should be 1 game at the most.

If we can't beat ball state without Sammy we need to install

Aug 3, 2012, 11:22 PM

the ACCCG trophy in his dorm room and not allow anyone else on the team to look at it.

If Dabo was going to suspend him for at least 1 game, I wasn't going to be upset with him adding to it with either of the 2 other games. In this case, Sammy still gets a "prep" game before going into ACC competition. Dabo know what he is doing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a great young man Sammy is

Aug 3, 2012, 10:23 PM

I'm proud that he's one of ours. He has handled this situation better than most of us could.

Can see that young man behind the Heisman podium in 2014....

Aug 3, 2012, 10:33 PM

flashing a multi-million dollar smile.

Tremendous young man . . . stay after it hard Sammy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Can see that young man behind the Heisman podium in 2014....

Aug 3, 2012, 11:05 PM

He won't be here in 2014, too good to stay for senior year

2013***

Aug 4, 2012, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Can see that young man behind the Heisman podium in 2014.... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Aug 3, 2012, 10:36 PM

taking it like a Champ.

Aug 3, 2012, 10:48 PM

Is it just me, or did anyone else think it isn't exactly like Sammy is addressing the actual issue and taking responsibility for the wrong? He said "I was in the wrong place at the wrong time." That doesn't exactly say "I know I was doing wrong by doing drugs and also having drugs on me, and I will never do them again." Instead, it is more like he knows he screwed up by getting caught.

Before anyone says he is a kid, kids make mistakes, etc. - I know. I'm just saying from the statements given in this article, it appears Sammy was just admitting he made a mistake by getting caught. That is all.

Aug 3, 2012, 11:21 PM

U dumba$$ - Did you not hear him say about three times that he make a bad decision and that there is no one else to blame but himself. He handled this so much better than plenty of milk toast, white kids that I know who got caught smoking pot in college!! I'd like to see how your ignorant #### would have handled a dozen members of the media sticking cameras in your face immediately after you found out your punishment after you made a mistake..as a Sophomore in college!! Sammy handled it with tremendous class, humility and intellegence and I, like most people, appreciate how he's handled this whole thing since day one!! I can't wait to see him play in that third game!!

Aug 4, 2012, 12:24 AM

No, you dumba$$, I did not. And, if you could read, you would see that I clearly stated that I read the article, not that I listened or watched the video. Either way - from what you said "made a bad decision" still could just be the whole "in the wrong place at the wrong time" thing. -

- Another thing - I too appreciate how he has handled it and think he is doing a great job, etc. I was just making a point and there is no need to try and turn anything I said around. I am just as big of a Clemson and a Sammy fan as you are. - And what the #### is that "milk toast white kid" comment about? Tons of kids smoke pot and worse. Tons of kids get caught. Does that make them bad? No. What matters is what they do with themselves afterwards.

Aug 4, 2012, 12:26 AM

That ^^^ message was not for you JB, but for Orange.

Aug 4, 2012, 1:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Watkins faces media, talks about suspension ]

Sammy is only placing the blame on himself, period! You and everyone else should just frickin chill out.....and, if you don't know what a milk toast, white kid is then that's your problem! I'm a white dude and I know the fricking difference! Bottom line is this: This idiot pictured below let his "all-star" quarterback off the hook 6 times before he was forced to kick him off the team...if he (being the head coach) would have had any balls or clue about how to discipline college football players, then he never would have had such a bad problem with his quarterback and many other players on his crappy excuse for a program. What's most hilarious is that the idiot pictured below has been coaching for soooo long that you would think he would have learned his lesson by now.....but he never has because he's a moron from E. TN....his picture from the first day of football practice today says it all....how can any of his players take him serious when you have no idea about discipline and you look this dorky!!

Aug 4, 2012, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Watkins faces media, talks about suspension ]

Nothing that has been said from anyone that I have read or heard has made this a white or black thing. So why are you. In some, Racism is still very much alive. Pot smokers aren't all bad people, white or black. I assure you that the majority of white folks don't see or think that Sammy Watkins is a bad pot smoking black kid. Black and white kids make mistakes. The smart ones grow from them. As I'm 100% sure that Sammy will be a better kid growing to be a better man from this MISTAKE.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2012, 1:12 PM

I did not mean it as a white, black, or yellow thing...my point was that Sammy has handled this whole thing much better than many kids (white , black or yellow) who grew up with a sliver spoon in their mouth. He has developed much more class & humility at such a young age compared to many who have everything handed to them...it just show's what a solid young man he has become! Speaks very well for him, Clemson's athletics and the whole Clemson experience!

Aug 3, 2012, 11:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Watkins faces media, talks about suspension ]

There is a player who's uncle is my unit. He told me that his nephew said a lot of these guys do drugs, mainly weed which doesn't concern me that much. It happens, I'm not naming any names so don't ask or I will tell you where to stick your questions.

The point is there is a lot that goes on that we don't know about. Young people will do what they are gonna do. Luckily for a young man like Sammy, I truly believe he will learn fron this and next year nfl scouts will be drooling over him if they aren't already.

Sammy has become a MAN!

Aug 4, 2012, 1:32 AM

Dabo and Co develop young players into exceptional players and real, honorable men, as Mr. Watson is becoming!

Spurrier and Co develop young players into undisciplined, crybabies who never learn how to become real men....just ask Garcia!

take a look at the man because his picture says it all:

Replies: 24
| visibility 2,868
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic