Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Caldwell thinks offensive line could be better than last year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Caldwell thinks offensive line could be better than last year

Jul 23, 2012, 10:55 AM

Caldwell thinks offensive line could be better than last year

Offensive line coach Robbie Caldwell thinks his line has a chance to be far better than people think, especially if the group acquires the consistency he desires.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is Corey Crawford's high school teamate still on the

Jul 23, 2012, 11:19 AM

team...David Beasley? I thought he was pretty well thought of coming out high school. Seems like he chose us over Georgia.

Yes he is. I believe he is slated at OG

Jul 23, 2012, 11:22 AM

Heard mixed things about him

Battle and Gore are our best OTs

Jul 23, 2012, 11:22 AM

If we can get them up to speed then we can move Thomas back to LG where he is more comfortable and that will be our best 5 on the field at any one time. Still both are freshmen and Battle is very raw at the moment he got abused on the left edge in the Spring game by Vic Beasly and Crawford and we can't rely on a freshmen to protect Tajh's blindside. I see Gore taking Timothy's spot before Battle will take Thomas's though if Gore can play wither RT or LT I say move him over to LT until Battle is ready.

Caldwell seems to think

Jul 23, 2012, 11:23 AM

that Thomas is better suited to tackle than guard, and just hasn't had the reps he needs to be successful there. He said as much in one of his interviews at the golf outing last week.

Thomas was brought in as a LT when we got him

Jul 23, 2012, 11:27 AM

but he seemed a bit uncomfortable at that position probably because of what you said because of reps. I hope that he does well because he's a good player.

Re: nice but essentially the same thing

Jul 23, 2012, 11:26 AM

you ran and the same quotes from a week ago at Dabos outing

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Caldwell thinks offensive line could be better than last year

Jul 23, 2012, 11:40 AM

The difference between this year and 2008... in 08 there were signs in the interviews that the coaches were worried about the OL.
I remember Bowden saying "I wish we had one warmup game for that OL to get broken in before we go against Alabama"

Good to see some good reports. We will see what happens.

Re: Front Page Story: Caldwell thinks offensive line could be better than last year

Jul 23, 2012, 11:45 AM

That could simply be a difference in the approach the coaching staff is taking.

I hope it isn't but that's always a possibility.

Jul 23, 2012, 1:28 PM

Usually when you show someone that you believe in them. They usually do their best for you. Also Aubum isn't an 08 Bama.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Auburn's nowhere close to '08 Bama

Jul 23, 2012, 1:32 PM

and hopefully our O-Line isn't nearly as bad as they were that year either.

Hope so...but it's about the same thing we read around this

Jul 23, 2012, 1:22 PM

time year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

O-Line

Jul 23, 2012, 1:51 PM

O-Line can't be worse than last year, but probably isn't going to be much better either, but I hope we have some guys that have a nasty streak in them and bring it when they take the field. If all else fails we could just take PSU's offensive line, since those players are probably going to transfer somewhere else if they want to play football and have some meaning for playing. I guess I need to have more faith in the guys we have, instead of crying wolf.

Coach-speak

Jul 23, 2012, 3:14 PM

He has either taken a flat-out slap at Brad Scott or he's lost his mind. Better than last year with two returning OL with playing time; the chances of that are so out of bounds with reality it is hard not to laugh.

He's a heckuva coach and I hope he can just find a way to manage the OL to the point that it does not cost us games. If he does that, he will have done as fine a coaching job as anyone.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic