Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: Lathered Up
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Mickey Plyler's Blog: Lathered Up

Jul 17, 2012, 10:24 AM

Lathered Up

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Lathered Up- I love AE

Jul 17, 2012, 10:26 AM

but I think he does not have the durability for heavy numbers of carries game after game

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i'll be very, very happy if morris and the tigers become a

Jul 17, 2012, 10:32 AM

balanced offensive team this year.

get ae his, backfill with the other backs, but give the oline a chance to play downhill instead of backpeddling in pass protection most of the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's about balance

Jul 17, 2012, 10:29 AM

We're a pass-first team. If we don't have some kind of running plan, it looks preditcable.

Clemson

^^^^ was looking over my shoulder.

Jul 17, 2012, 10:33 AM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't drop the soap!***

Jul 17, 2012, 1:37 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i'm glad someone hit that out of the park...

Jul 17, 2012, 1:55 PM

facker.

;)

Couldn't think of a better time

Jul 17, 2012, 1:56 PM

to definitly have balance, right there

Clemson

i'd pull off my best nadia comaneci impression right there.***

Jul 17, 2012, 2:01 PM

LBU's watching

Jul 17, 2012, 2:03 PM

for that dismount

Clemson

"BWAAAAH!!!" - DSP***

Jul 17, 2012, 2:01 PM [ in reply to i'm glad someone hit that out of the park... ]

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Lathered Up

Jul 17, 2012, 10:33 AM

I remember wishing Danny would throw it 20 times a game!
Crazy how things have changed.
Win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We need to throw first, run second. Our WR's are the strengt

Jul 17, 2012, 10:39 AM

of the team.

AE needs to get his carries in there, and then run a lot in the 4th quarter to put games away.

But with little depth at RB, and an OL that has been better as pass blocking than run blocking for several years, I think we throw to run this yr.

2010 we threw too much.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The OLine is almost entirely new....how do we know

Jul 17, 2012, 10:41 AM

they are better as pass protection than run blocking?

I like to see 20 carries per game too but...

Jul 17, 2012, 10:43 AM

not if it's 20 carries for 20 yards. The fact is most offensive coaches like to run the ball when the run is working. Sure you win more if you run the ball 20 times in a game, but the reason you ran that much is because the run was effective. I guarantee that the first game we have a few 3 and outs in a row that consist of run, run, run, punt, all you'll here is, "Why aren't we throwing the @#$#@$ ball?!??!!!". The key to victory is not simply running the ball more, it is coaching up the offensive line and making them a dominant unit, that can produce 4 and 5 yards per rush. If we are doing that I'm sure The Chad will probably run the ball 30 times per game.

the main key is not running it in predictable situations

Jul 17, 2012, 11:26 AM

as in every 2 or 3 first downs. See 2 much of oh well it first down so lets try the run. set the offense up w the pass and we should be fine. try to "establish the run" and we usually end up in trouble ag good dlines

I am reminded of the 2006 game v. $CU....

Jul 17, 2012, 10:49 AM

where a refreshed and highly motivated Reggie Merriweather was inserted into the game and provided the spark Clemson needed to get going offensively.

On the legs of Merriweather, the Clemson offense drove the ball to the $CU 17 yard line. Then, INEXPLICABLY, in one of the biggest boneheaded coaching decisions in Clemson football history, Tommy Bowden and Rob Spence pulled the hard-running Merriweather out of the game and inserted what appeared to be an injured James Davis.

The rest is history. The drive immediately stalled, QB Will Proctor took a key sack when he could have very easily thrown the ball into the stands instead of taking the loss, and Jad Dean shanked a 39 yarder that would have sent the game into overtime.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I am also reminded of the 1989 game v. $CU....

Jul 17, 2012, 11:06 AM

where Clemson runningbacks were literally dragging exhausted $CU defenders up and down the field enroute to a 45 - 0 win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I will never forgive CTB for that one.

Jul 17, 2012, 3:16 PM [ in reply to I am reminded of the 2006 game v. $CU.... ]

Merriwether was a beast. He was a senior. That drive ends up in the endzone if we stick with Reggie. He gets to ride off into the sunset as a Clemson hero. I can only shake my head at the disservice done to him in that instance. I know Bowden was keeping his stud recruits happy but Merriweather deserved better.

Absolutely not an every-down back

Jul 17, 2012, 10:56 AM

Forget the injury-prone argument. I just posted the other day that he does not play big, rarely falls forward, more often than not is falling to the ground before the initial hit. This was a big a reason as any as to why we consistently come up short on 3rd and short.

Whew - thought it was gonna be a Sandusky commentary***

Jul 17, 2012, 11:17 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Figured GWPTiger would respond to this because of the

Jul 17, 2012, 11:30 AM

subject line.

null

Jul 17, 2012, 11:44 AM

Just curious...I've been seeing 'Got Igers and his family' on the prayer list for several months now. Is anyone going to flag that at some point? =)

Got Igers sent that in that way. I think that is no error.***

Jul 17, 2012, 11:47 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2012, 1:12 PM

It's hard to try and run the ball a lot when you are behind and playing catch up. Look at the games - yes, even the dang easy games - we were behind most of the game and playing catch up. And we didn't put ANYONE away very easily other than VT (when our D actually showed up). EVERY game was a struggle IMO. You have to throw a lot in those situations.

So - is Mickey saying that we're not going to be 14-18 points behind this year when we decide to start playing football???? Ok then - I'm all in. Good plan.

D. J. Howard looked good against Auburn

Jul 17, 2012, 2:02 PM

Would like to see him get another crack at them plus give Zac Brooks some carries as we need power backs more to back up Ellington. So no to giving A.E. more carries - keep him fresh and healthy!

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic