Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: Clemson QB commit gets Big 10 offer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Recruit Update: Clemson QB commit gets Big 10 offer

Jul 14, 2012, 11:58 AM

Clemson QB commit gets Big 10 offer

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not to be a negative nancy

Jul 14, 2012, 12:05 PM

But I have a hard time believing we hold onto this young man. (no offense to those named Nancy)

We should be fine as long as Morris is on the staff and we

Jul 14, 2012, 12:09 PM

are productive at the QB spot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgtnt_user_logo.pngbadge-ringofhonor-elswann.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We should be fine as long as Morris is on the staff and we

Jul 14, 2012, 5:09 PM

How long do we hold on to Morris? Hopefully, we'll be good/consistent enough that Morris sought after, and Dabo will find the right guy as his replacement.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2012, 5:57 PM

I think Morris will be here through the 2013 season...He isnt leaving here for nothingless than a good HC job. I dont see many programs offering an HC job to a guy whose only been coaching college ball 3 years...but you never know. I personally believe hes gonna hold out for a good bcs level HC job

I doubt he ever takes a mid-major job so he could be here a

Jul 14, 2012, 10:37 PM [ in reply to Re: We should be fine as long as Morris is on the staff and we ]

fe more years. 1.3 million is an awesome salary and he doesn't have all the pressure riding on him. One of the best gigs around offensively for the next few years.

Someone will pay him big money though if we hav a couple of more great offensive years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgtnt_user_logo.pngbadge-ringofhonor-elswann.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2012, 4:07 PM [ in reply to We should be fine as long as Morris is on the staff and we ]

...... yeah, and hopefully Kelly doesn't get injured early on and has to redshirt.

But if Tajh takes another step forward, Chad Kelly looks solid early on, we continue adding offensive weapons, and continue winning & trending upwards, you'd think he'd have a hard time justifying [to himself] a decommitment.

Why on earth do you think that?

Jul 14, 2012, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Not to be a negative nancy ]

Whats with so many tiger fans and the "Oh I don't think this recruit will stay committed" attitude? Stop it. The coaches know what they're doing. This kid isn't going to go 1000 miles from home to play for a rebuilding program when he could play for a contender in his backyard. Kids are gonna get other offers and take other visits. Get used to it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why on earth do you think that?

Jul 14, 2012, 5:47 PM

I agree. This guy loves Clemson and Chad Morris. He already stated that as long as Dabo and Chad are there he will stay commited.

Jul 16, 2012, 4:11 PM

The exclamation point at the end of "Ohio State just offered!" likely has more to do with the nostalgia of this all for him (remembering that he's still a teenager) than it does with wavering over his commitment to Clemson.

Jul 14, 2012, 5:53 PM [ in reply to Why on earth do you think that? ]

Michael Hill says hello!

Jul 14, 2012, 5:55 PM

what does Michael Hill have to do with anything????

Jul 15, 2012, 11:29 PM

"This kid isn't going to go 1000 miles from home to play for a rebuilding program when he could play for a contender in his backyard."

Michael Hill did exactly this, so I think he was saying don't say that it won't happen, because it could.

Re: How about an Anonymous Andy???

Jul 14, 2012, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Not to be a negative nancy ]

:)

Location has a lot

Jul 14, 2012, 12:27 PM

To do with this one too.

Re: Location has a lot

Jul 14, 2012, 5:49 PM

And what kid wouldn't be excited to get offers from big time programs. Just think if you was his age and bound to be a top prospect, wouldn't you be excited to get these offers? Even though you already have the school you want?

No worries as long as we dont offer another QB in 2014***

Jul 14, 2012, 12:51 PM

The whole Big Ten offered? How does that work?***

Jul 14, 2012, 3:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get used to OSU offering our offensive recruits.

Jul 14, 2012, 3:08 PM

Urby has a hard on for Morris and will follow his scouting in the southeast.

Re: Get used to OSU offering our offensive recruits.

Jul 14, 2012, 3:20 PM

Don't forget um is an unscrupulous #######.

Jul 14, 2012, 5:17 PM

That doesn't mean the recruit needs to tweet all excited about it. If they're excited it makes me think they're looking around at othe options

Re: Re: How about an Anonymous Andy???

Jul 14, 2012, 5:17 PM

I think those are ok lol

got a gut feeling

Jul 14, 2012, 5:56 PM

That this kid will not stick with up

Re: Recruit Update: Clemson QB commit gets Big 10 offer

Jul 14, 2012, 7:58 PM

I normally don't have a problem with other schools offering our commits because I have faith in our coaches' abilities as recruiters. Plus, the situation at OSU helps us and might cause some problems for Urby with some guys outside of the midwest, but he's rarely out-worked for kids. DW, from what I read/hear, is a great kid and the existing relationship with Chad Morris and Dabo is a great advantage for us. I believe that a player the caliber of DW is coveted by UM, however, and he won't go away easily. Ultimately, I can't say that I'm not worried given the fact that his name on a LOI is still 2+ years away and that it's Urban Meyer.

Re: Recruit Update: Clemson QB commit gets Big 10 offer

Jul 15, 2012, 6:25 PM

Recruits beter be careful when it comes to UM. Its really no telling when he will get tired and pull a Fla. and up and leave. Oh my heart hurts and the doctor tells me to quit if I want to get well. And it will happen again!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He had a nervous breakdown.

Jul 15, 2012, 8:22 PM

A classic episode.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Big deal...

Jul 16, 2012, 5:19 PM

Lets hope our recruits get other offers, if we're the only ones recruiting them, something is wrong. Why would he want to go the cold big 10, 11, 12, or whaterver when he can play for Dabo at Clemson.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic