Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Carter, safety at center of Nkemdiche saga, speaks out
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Carter, safety at center of Nkemdiche saga, speaks out

Jul 7, 2012, 1:15 PM

Carter, safety at center of Nkemdiche saga, speaks out

Grayson safety Ryan Carter, a 2013 prospect, found himself at the center of a storm Friday after teammate Robert Nkemdiche's comments to a newspaper. However, Carter says he has now heard from Clemson coaches. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He thinks he could make an impact his freasman year.

Jul 7, 2012, 1:21 PM

Haven't seen his film yet but give him an A for his attitude.

No chance that quick. We have talent and experience.

Jul 7, 2012, 5:08 PM

Maybe one day, but he would redshirt.

Re: He thinks he could make an impact his freasman year.

Jul 8, 2012, 8:26 AM [ in reply to He thinks he could make an impact his freasman year. ]

Fast and a big time hitter. He would give us another weapon on defense and will get bigger and stronger in the next several years. He is definitely worth a look!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good. Further confirmation that this was much ado about

Jul 7, 2012, 1:22 PM

absolutely nothing. What a crazy world we live in.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Good. Further confirmation that this was much ado about

Jul 7, 2012, 1:30 PM

The only part that had me scratching my head was the part about the coach called but he has been busy and will call him back tonight.If I were a high school player and a Clemson coach called me about playing for the Tigers,I don't know about you but I would get off twitter and probably get in my car and show up on his door step!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2012, 1:39 PM

Tony Elliot's request for a call back was probably the millionth request of the day. Sucks these kids had to be harrassed for something so stupid.

Jul 7, 2012, 1:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Good. Further confirmation that this was much ado about ]

Just shows he knows that all things must be kept in perspective.

The reason this country has a future.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

Carter can tackle very well.***

Jul 7, 2012, 1:38 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd take Clemson over those schools too***

Jul 7, 2012, 1:50 PM

Well there's no doubt he's getting an offer.

Jul 7, 2012, 2:16 PM

Maybe Nkemdiche is worth a 4 for 1 deal.

Re: Well there's no doubt he's getting an offer.

Jul 7, 2012, 2:41 PM

maybe Clemson will oversign, that seems to be acceptable in these scenarios.

what I find funny about the situation

Jul 7, 2012, 2:51 PM [ in reply to Well there's no doubt he's getting an offer. ]

is that everybody is assuming these other players will never see the field, Gallman is a 4 star RB, Kamara a 3 star DB. And this Carter kid is the only one thats really questionable, but I watched a little of his film, and Nkemdiche didnt lie, he can hit somebody.

Re: what I find funny about the situation

Jul 7, 2012, 3:00 PM

We went from Grayson trio to Grayson quatro...What's next ?

I agree, he hits hard and wraps up! We can use that!***

Jul 7, 2012, 3:17 PM [ in reply to what I find funny about the situation ]

Re: I agree, he hits hard and wraps up! We can use that!***

Jul 7, 2012, 3:58 PM

Not only does he hit hard and wrap up (something terribly missing the past 3 years), he reads fast, plays the pass well, commits to the run quickly, has speed and is a good kick returner. The video highlights look like Nkemdiche regularly flushes the ball carrier outside and this kid comes up and finishes him off...... and likes it. That is one fine HS football team.

On the other hand, these tweeter twits and limelight loonies need to learn to keep their mouths shut. They have put Dabo in the position where the world will question his credibility and conviction with respect to his stated position on what a committment means. He's already dumped one prospect because of it and this one is probably right on the edge of the same treatment. I know Nkemdiche is a great athlete, but we sure can't have the inmates running the asylum. Also, Dabo asked Nkemdiche to take more time to decide if he wasn't 100% certain before the committment was announced, so the way I read Nkemdiche's AJC interviews, he's still trying to play "Let's Make a Deal" and anyone who can't see that is drinking OrangeAid.

I know most will disagree, but I think I would cut Nkemdiche loose right now and try to salvage what I could of the recruiting season. At least it would send a message to Dabo's critics, Clemson bashers and future prospects. Just an opinion from one who doesn't want the term "Hypocrites" hung on the program.

dumb first post

Jul 7, 2012, 4:11 PM

coot!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I meant to thumb you down, lucky you.***

Jul 7, 2012, 4:18 PM [ in reply to Re: I agree, he hits hard and wraps up! We can use that!*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I meant to thumb you down, lucky you.***

Jul 7, 2012, 4:25 PM

I fixed it for you :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me too.***

Jul 7, 2012, 7:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Me three***

Jul 7, 2012, 8:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: I meant to thumb you down, lucky you.***

Jul 7, 2012, 4:27 PM [ in reply to I meant to thumb you down, lucky you.*** ]

It doesn't surprise me at all. In fact, I've come to expect it - particularly from SEC schools. ACC schools were a cut above at one time, but now there's nothing that's out-of-bounds as long as you win. Things are different for some of us older folks. What I learned from sports, Clemson and life as a youngster was that honor and integrity counted for something. Winning was certainly good, but not at the price of a deal with the Devil and the loss of your own integrity.

Times have changed...... a lot.

LMAO!!! You want to rescind Nnkemdiche's schollie offer??

Jul 7, 2012, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Re: I agree, he hits hard and wraps up! We can use that!*** ]

I have a better suggestion......why don't the moderators rescind your ability to post on Tigernet. You get a gigantic F on your first post...as in FGF.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LMAO!!! You want to rescind Nnkemdiche's schollie offer??

Jul 7, 2012, 8:59 PM

If Nkemdiche doesn't change his tune and if he can't come up with a better explanation than "I want Ryan with me", then yes, I'd like to see Dabo withdraw the offer.

Some of you cheerleaders are very willing to buy the first part of his explanation that his words were twisted - and maybe they were to a degree - but your orange-tinted glasses won't allow you to see and accept the last part of..... "I want Ryan with me".

I'd certainly like to see the fellow playing at Clemson...... but not this way.

Re: LMAO!!! You want to rescind Nnkemdiche's schollie offer??

Jul 7, 2012, 9:14 PM

cheerleaders, orange-tinted glasses,---you can cite all the trite, overused, irrelevant, inaccurate terms you want. My SOLE interest is seeing Clemson be successful on the field and in the classroom.

YOU'RE the one who suggested Clemson rescind the scholarship to the NUMBER ONE PLAYER IN THE UNITED STATES simply because of an article in a UGa slanted newspaper that has since been revised and even the headline completely changed after disputation by Nnkemdiche. EVEN IF Clemson does offer the other kid, they've broken no rules nor violated any NCAA or ACC dictates. Suggesting they cancel Nnkemdiches offer is to the left of absurd.

Since you only joined TODAY (which is extremely suspicious), I'm only going to suggest you re-think your stance. Coach Swinney is in charge not only of recruting the right way, but of making sure Clemson's resurgence on the field continues even stronger....let him make these decisions.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wouldnt you want friends with you?

Jul 7, 2012, 11:26 PM [ in reply to Re: LMAO!!! You want to rescind Nnkemdiche's schollie offer?? ]

Think about all the pressure thats sitting on RN's shoulder, I would want as much comfort as possible too

umm...NO..***

Jul 7, 2012, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Re: I agree, he hits hard and wraps up! We can use that!*** ]

Re: I agree, he hits hard and wraps up! We can use that!***

Jul 7, 2012, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Re: I agree, he hits hard and wraps up! We can use that!*** ]

another pathetic chicken poster hello mods?

null

Did you even read the article,troll?

Jul 7, 2012, 3:02 PM [ in reply to Well there's no doubt he's getting an offer. ]

This article clearly states that it isn't. Nkemdiche tweeted something along the lines of "I don't like the AJC twisting my words". It was just a case of a scumbag journalist trying to sell a few more papers

Re: Did you even read the article,troll?

Jul 7, 2012, 3:08 PM

Troll ?

Re: Did you even read the article,troll?

Jul 7, 2012, 3:19 PM

Yes Troll! He was responding to Rowdy28, you know the one with the coot logo.

Re: Front Page Story: Carter, safety at center of Nkemdiche saga, speaks out

Jul 7, 2012, 3:03 PM

Just keep in mind a guy named Brian Dawkins. Patrick Sapp went to high school with him and asked our coaches to take a look. That went well.

Just ask the Eagles... and some day HOF.

Re: Re: Well there's no doubt he's getting an offer.

Jul 7, 2012, 4:18 PM

Clemson does not stoop to such tactics.

July 20

Jul 7, 2012, 4:53 PM

Is gonna be a huge day for our recruiting!!! Fuller, Adams, and Nkemdiche all on campus at the same time!!! Holy eff I'm excited!!!!

Jul 7, 2012, 7:43 PM

I hope other top-notch guys like Fuller and Adams aren't getting turned off by us giving Nkemdiche so much attention.

I also hope they don't offer this other guy unless he's deserving--which by the sounds of his other offers, he's not. This isn't to say he isn't good or anything like that, but I don't like the idea of our program bending to every request this guy makes.

Jul 7, 2012, 8:47 PM

You'd better watch out - I don't think you're supposed to do anything except cheer for the Tigers on this board. This is no place for integrity.

FWIW, I agree with you, but the real question is "What would you do about it if you had to make the call?"

Jul 7, 2012, 10:01 PM

I'm not too sure to be honest...but that's why Dabo has been making the big money recently involving this.

I will say that Nkemdiche's reaction to the article inspires a bit of confidence. I'd like to believe he just wants to play with his friend and isn't actually making any demands.

...but as I said in my previous post, I really hope the others top recruits we're targeting aren't getting turned off with the perception that Clemson is doing whatever RN wants them to do.

Jul 7, 2012, 10:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Carter, safety at center of Nkemdiche saga, speaks out ]

False Chicken boy now go back to your coop you pathetic piece of trailer trash.

null

Jul 7, 2012, 10:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Carter, safety at center of Nkemdiche saga, speaks out ]

Lots of players have low offers and get offered by one big school, take it and are successful. Look at Chris Hairston. Offensive lineman that wasn't being recruited much at all, 3 year starter at LT at Clemson. That paid off. I could go on and on about guys and offers. LSU hasn't offered Kendall Fuller, does that mean he isn't good? I wouldn't look into it that way. I will let Chad Morris, Venables, and Swinney evaluate the talent and offer who they want. And if they offer this kid b/c that will "seal the deal" for RN, I am for it. Greenlee is a wasted scholarship and we are still doing it with him. If a "waste" gets us the number 1 player in the nation, so be it. Also, if you watch the film, this kid is underrated. He reads the play well, reacts fast, and hits like a dumptruck. Little skeptical of the 4.4 40 though, he got run down a couple of times.

Jul 7, 2012, 10:20 PM

I'm not saying that a low-rated player can't be good/successful...but given this current situation, people should be skeptical and (potentially) upset.

Jul 7, 2012, 10:49 PM

I completely agree with you in that regard. It is a little disheartening that this all came out on Friday and he was contacted on Sat by Elliot. There are many other players that I would rather have than him for sure, but he may get a look.

Seems complete opposite to me.

Jul 8, 2012, 12:09 PM

The story seems that an SEC in Miss doesn't want to keep the players they gave an offer to , to get him and ESecPN and the SEC homers are trying top twist the story cause they've been Dabo'd.

Jul 8, 2012, 10:23 AM

I did not see a threat in Nkemdiche's statement at all. What I see, is a young man who came to camp at Clemson where one of his friends had already commited. While here, another friend committs, and Nkemdiche in excitement committed himself. As a young man making a decision this important is expected to do, after the excitement wears off, he has second thoughts. He has remembered his best friend and how badly he wanted to play at the next level beside him. So he makes the statement, and I paraphrase, If Clemson offers Carter, it is a done deal, If not, I may have to look at other schools. Not a threat, but an obvious sign that a young man is struggling with an important decision. That's my take on it anyway!

Re: Re: Front Page Story: Carter, safety at center of Nkemdiche saga, speaks out

Jul 8, 2012, 12:01 PM

I agree 100%! I tip my hat to RN but give the AJC a thumbs down for twisting his words to create a buzz! RN just wants to play along with a close friend at CU...nothing wrong with stating this publically or privately! This is typical of the high school to college transition...believe me, this has happened at schools such as FSU, Miami, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Southern Cal, Alabama, LSU, Nebraska, etc, etc. In fact, it usually happens every year at many schools, except this time it is getting national press b/c it's the #1 recruit in the country! The reason it should be a non story is because Carter was already on Clemson's board as someone to give a close look but the AJC wants to create a "story" out of it to engage readership....nice try but an act of desperation!! Regardless of what happens, this is a small story in the grand scheme of the weapons on defense that Swinney & Venebles are bringing in, in this '13 class! CU will be a national power moving forward...you can bet the farm on it!! To many good things going on in Clemson to slow all the tremendous momentum moving forward!!

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic