Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Tigers still in top five for Gilmore
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Tigers still in top five for Gilmore

Jun 9, 2012, 2:00 PM

Tigers still in top five for Gilmore

Greg Gilmore still has the Tigers in his top five, but the loss of his previous recruiter, Kevin Steele, has hurt. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't understand...

Jun 9, 2012, 2:13 PM

he wants to help take the team to the next level? What's the next level for LSU, Alabama, So Cal, and Florida? The NFL? I mean, I realize they are already paying players, but those schools have all won NC's in the last 10 years, so what's to help?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

I thought he meant get to the next level, as in him getting

Jun 9, 2012, 2:24 PM

to the NFL.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

That's how I took it too !! *****

Jun 9, 2012, 2:38 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Tigers still in top five for Gilmore

Jun 9, 2012, 2:14 PM

Somebody get this kid some smoking pig mustard BBQ sause STAT!

He is from Hope Mills NC. He most likely is a vinegar

Jun 9, 2012, 10:06 PM

base man. No stinking ketchup or musretard for us.

ALright!

Message was edited by: MackDaddy®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

One sack his entire junior year?

Jun 9, 2012, 2:20 PM

Dog! What is up with that? :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was my reaction, too.

Jun 10, 2012, 8:41 AM

What kind of speed/quickness does he have?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Jun 9, 2012, 2:36 PM

He will never be a Clemson Tiger. Everybody is telling him he will never win a NC at Clemson. And from his in order of choice, he wants the NC gave to him. He's not to interested in having to work his A$$ off for it. We are way to far down his list to gain that much ground with him. IMPO, I say don't waste any more time on him. And go after someone that wants to work their A$$ off to help Clemson win a National Championship. And while doing that, get an excellent education from Clemson University.

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Couldn't agree more

Jun 9, 2012, 2:47 PM

I was thinking the same thing while reading this. I'll take another Gaines again. Go Tigers!

Yeah, if we can get Montravius Adams, we won't need Gilmore

Jun 9, 2012, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Tigers still in top five for Gilmore ]

http://www.tigernet.com/view/recruit_update.do?id=5931

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll take both of them***

Jun 9, 2012, 10:08 PM

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

I disagree to an extent....

Jun 9, 2012, 3:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Tigers still in top five for Gilmore ]

National Championship teams are rarely a one season surprise, Auburn who might be the closest to that was still ranked coming into the preseason. It takes work over time to build a national contender, like dabo is doing he started with recruiting and then went to fix the things that needed to be changed (ie hiring/firing coaches).

One could look at gillmore's statement and say that he is a competitor, just because he doesn't want to play for a team that doesn't have a realistic shot at the NC doesn't mean he wont work his ### off. If you had the talent to play for a that was in the hunt for a title virtually every year, would you choose a school like vanderbilt over it, especially if the national revelant team has good recruiters?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

If that is true he won't last ten minutes and end up in JC.***

Jun 9, 2012, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Tigers still in top five for Gilmore ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I completely agree. We won't get him.

Jun 10, 2012, 2:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Tigers still in top five for Gilmore ]

Slim to none we land this kid. We're 5th on the list. He's interested, but doesn't look good at all. I am writing him off. Hopefully we pull off Adams.

Jun 10, 2012, 10:56 AM

what's with the guy behind him with the rainstick?

That's clearly a pimp cane***

Jun 11, 2012, 8:56 AM

Jun 10, 2012, 11:41 AM

This young man does seem to have good instincts, even as a Sophomore, but he doesn't look to have the sub-5 second 40 speed indicated in his profile. He looks like a down lineman at the NCAA level. As far as our ranking with him dropping as a result of Steele leaving, it makes me wonder about his thought process. I would bet, as Dabo has, that BV will be a huge improvement to our Defensive performance, and along with that with his chances of playing on a team with a better shot at a NC and with his chances at the next level. Come on Gilmore, think about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic