Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: TigerNet Talk #138
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: TigerNet Talk #138

Jun 7, 2012, 10:48 AM

TigerNet Talk #138

The pressure heats up on Jack Leggett as the Gamecocks extend their post season winning streak over Clemson to six games. Plus, what do you think of Coach Swinney's commitment tactic and a top ten list you don't want to miss. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: TigerNet Talk #138

Jun 7, 2012, 11:10 AM

I remember the exact same article after last years baseball ended..with the pressure being on Leggett..resulting in a 1-4 record against them this year.

Jun 7, 2012, 11:33 AM

with any kind of regularity in the future is to have more talent. I think JL is a good coach but I don't think he and our staff are the equal of USC's staff. So how realistic is it to think we're going to be more talented going forward? Not very. I just don't see this thing really changing very much over the next few years. With each win, they begin to believe all the more that they shouldn't lose to us, and just like with the UNC basketball situation, each USC team doesn't want to be the one that loses to us, so they play as hard as possible. It's a credit to JL for fighting as hard as he can to turn it around, but it almost seems like he'd be better off just starting over somewhere else.

Jun 7, 2012, 11:45 AM

Talent level is on par or higher than with USC and has been for years, check MLB draft this year. Players come to CU to develop and get into MLB, JL has created a program that does that. Problem is there has been very little success compared to USC in creating a great baseball "team". We play like individuals, we failed at BUNTING more than we were successful, that is pitiful.

A player like Roth probably wouldn't ever have started at CU, he is a great college player but not so well thought of at ML level - that is the problem, we need a culture that values TEAM performance and had pride in who Clemson is - almost half on roster are from so far away they probably didn't know where Clemson was until JL called. If you can't bunt you should be on the bench until you can. Recruit to build a TEAM and you will win -

Now I'll buy that...

Jun 7, 2012, 4:18 PM

We have always had awesome, awesome players, but I agree with the lack of having a complete team or team mentality. Maybe Jack needs to start doing some unconventional type things for actual team building. He needs to instill some scrappiness into the guys.

How can it be a 6 game winning streak

Jun 7, 2012, 9:29 PM

when we won one of the three regular season games this season.

In the last 5 games, we won 1 game and lost 3 games by one run. That seems pretty close. ESPECIALLY to the defending national championship team. I'd say Clemson's team played great against them this year. I am VERY proud of our Clemson baseball team and coaching staff.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Post season winning streak.***

Jun 10, 2012, 3:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgtnt_user_logo.pngbadge-ringofhonor-elswann.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic