Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Help wanted: running back
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,794

Front Page Story: Help wanted: running back

May 16, 2012, 10:35 AM

Help wanted: running back

Clemson could be thin at a very crucial position with the announcement that running back Mike Bellamy won't be with the team next season. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Help wanted: running back

May 16, 2012, 11:01 AM

Interesting scenario we have! It will be interesting to see how our RB's handle the situation.

Also, I noticed that we do not have a back over 200lbs. I do not think that Gallman is either. What is the roster size for Dye and Green?

We need to take one of big,quick

May 16, 2012, 9:05 PM

DE's and let him run the ball

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

I'm more worried about the OL opening up holes for the RBs.

May 16, 2012, 12:24 PM

I'm not too worried about the RB depth. Hopefully Ellington stays healthy before he gets drafted, but I have a feeling that Howard, McDowell, and especially Brooks will step up their games.

A couple of years ago, Dabo basically said that McDowell was as good as Ellington. I wonder what happened? Was Dabo wrong? Did McDowell slack off? Both? Other?

So is this an invitation for try outs?

May 16, 2012, 12:26 PM

I'll play

every yr we've heard our OL is tougher and stronger

May 16, 2012, 12:28 PM [ in reply to I'm more worried about the OL opening up holes for the RBs. ]

and mcdowell is a top RB.

somebody aint telling the truth

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

McDowell is a head scratcher

May 16, 2012, 12:37 PM [ in reply to I'm more worried about the OL opening up holes for the RBs. ]

he certianly has the talent to play like Ellington, speedy guy that runs hard, but he just cna't see to show up on the field. Not sure why but during spring he showed his skill. Probably more mental then physical

Remember Javon Ringer for MSU?

May 16, 2012, 5:51 PM

He was about the same size as Mcdowell, but he knew he was a winner, and he dared someone to stop him. I think McDowell has the tools, and now the opportunity to make an impact as such.

I think part of it is

May 17, 2012, 1:08 PM

that he seems to have been in Dabo's doghouse for a while and hasn't gotten much on-field experience. He played pretty well at the end of the Orange Bowl from what I remember, not at Ellington's level, but I think he can be serviceable if we need him.

Re: I'm more worried about the OL opening up holes for the RBs.

May 16, 2012, 1:58 PM [ in reply to I'm more worried about the OL opening up holes for the RBs. ]

Our OL will definitely be the biggest concern. If they step up we'll have no RB issues.

Re: Front Page Story: Help wanted: running back

May 16, 2012, 1:56 PM

When I walked away from FB 40 year years ago. I did with no intentions of coming back. But my team seems to really need me. Where are they holding try outs at:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Derrick Green

May 16, 2012, 2:42 PM

PUT AN ALL OUT PRESS FOR DERRICK GREEN from Va.
Gotta think he moves to the front of the pack
for CLEMSON....right?

Article makes no sense-- only lost a BACKUP

May 17, 2012, 10:25 PM

Not to mention a backup who played sparingly late last season. If we lost our starting running back and another player, Ok then we are thin.

But Bellamy was a spotty 2nd stringer who probably would enter the season as 3rd-4th string. Loved him cuz he is an instant gamechanger. But this changes nothing for us, except lowering our fumble rate and letting that stud Zac Brooks get some PT that he deserves.

Re: Article makes no sense-- only lost a BACKUP

May 19, 2012, 10:52 AM

Sadly. You have to look at more than one year ar rb. I live in Alabama,so I have to watch the tide unfortunately. Alabamas 3rd string rb could start for us. That's what we gotta do. We Gita have better stable of backs

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,794
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic