Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: ACC issues "public reprimand" to UNC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 99
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: ACC issues "public reprimand" to UNC

Apr 20, 2012, 2:10 PM

ACC issues "public reprimand" to UNC

By action of the ACC Infractions and Penalties Committee, the Atlantic Coast Conference has issued a public reprimand to the University of North Carolina. The reprimand follows the recent announcement of penalties imposed by the NCAA Committee on Infractions on UNC’s football program. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oooooooooooooo a reprimand

Apr 20, 2012, 2:12 PM

Sure it breaks their hearts

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The proverbial slap on the wrist.***

Apr 20, 2012, 2:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

C'mon now. A public humiliation to them is worse than...

Apr 20, 2012, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Oooooooooooooo a reprimand ]

anything. Right? Right?

What a SEVERE punishment from the ACC!

Apr 20, 2012, 2:15 PM

1)public reprimand AND
2)being taken out of the running for the ACC Championship in football this year

wait, I guess they are basically in the same position they were in before the ACC levied it's judgment.

Re: Front Page Story: ACC issues "public reprimand" to UNC

Apr 20, 2012, 2:15 PM

Where's David Hood on his investigation? Looking forward to that read.

Apr 20, 2012, 2:16 PM

So......does this mean that if anyone in the ACC gets in trouble with NCAA, this is what they'll get???

Or will they somehow justify it as "Well, you'll get worse since they did a bad thing, but they didn't know. Now you know we don't like it, so we'll punish you"

What a joke

Clemson

Apr 20, 2012, 2:18 PM

swoff is a joke. Did not say one thing about the tarholes. IF IT WAS US........

Because words are so much more important than actions.***

Apr 20, 2012, 2:19 PM

that makes me sick***

Apr 20, 2012, 2:25 PM

you have got to be freaking kidding me.

Apr 20, 2012, 2:26 PM

I will camp out on President Barker's front door step until he takes action to get us out of this f'ing conference.

complete and utter bullsheet.

If they think a public reprimand is warranted for ACADEMIC FRAUD, then we are in the wrong conference with scumbags who cheat at school.

this is unacceptable.

quite the tall order.***

Apr 20, 2012, 2:45 PM

I thought they used the term venti now

Apr 20, 2012, 2:46 PM

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So...

Apr 20, 2012, 3:19 PM [ in reply to you have got to be freaking kidding me. ]

I'm guessing you wouldn't want to go to the SEC then. Ha ha ha.

GO TIGERS!!!!!

Re: you have got to be freaking kidding me.

Apr 21, 2012, 10:01 AM [ in reply to you have got to be freaking kidding me. ]

He would have you arrested for trespass and vagrancy if you were to do that, or he might just step out on the porch and slap your wrist, as that seems appropriate to him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

total and

Apr 20, 2012, 2:27 PM

Complete ########

Honestly, what did everyone expect? Anyone shocked by this

Apr 20, 2012, 2:30 PM

is being silly.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Honestly, what did everyone expect? Anyone shocked by this

Apr 20, 2012, 2:31 PM

Unfortunately, no, I'm not. Doesn't mean I can't be p!ssed though

Clemson

What did you want the ACC to do? Add another year simply

Apr 20, 2012, 2:35 PM

because they did it to us about 30 years ago? Adding an extra year of probation was wrong of the ACC to do to us back then... and it would be wrong if they did it now.

Re: What did you want the ACC to do? Add another year simply

Apr 20, 2012, 2:41 PM

No, I mostly wanted something akin to fairness and unbiased action. Another year? It couldn't been one scholarship for one year and I would've been satisfied. You can't act like you're happy with the result, even if you expected it.

Clemson

I'm not happy or upset because I don't care. I am still

Apr 20, 2012, 2:48 PM

pissed about what the ACC did to us, but that has nothing to do with the UNC case. It's not like the NCAA didn't already impose sanctions. UNC isn't getting off the hook, it's just the ACC didn't add anything extra.

cheating by making extra phone calls or slipping someone

Apr 20, 2012, 3:12 PM

$1000 is one thing. Academic fraud is quite another thing and a much worse offense considering the NCAA's desire to maintain the student-athlete status.

Students get expelled and this stays with them when they try to get into other schools.

Buying cars and giving large sums of cash to players is just

Apr 20, 2012, 3:16 PM

as bad as academic fraud, if not worse. And our administration was in on it and there was an attempted cover-up that went deeper at Clemson.

I want us to beat UNC as bad as anyone, and I am angry at how they treated us back in the 80's but I don't believe the current UNC football program did something worse, or as bad as what we did 30 years ago.

I think the ACC owes us an apology, but I am not outraged about the ACC not adding an extra year. It's obvious people here just want revenge.

I love revenge......

Apr 20, 2012, 3:21 PM

when I'm on the correct side of it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I may get drilled for this but...

Apr 20, 2012, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Buying cars and giving large sums of cash to players is just ]

folks you are just mentioning what we got caught at in the 80's. Guys were getting "passes" in the classroom, too.

Forget about UNC and this. When Clemson is screwed on the field is what matters now.

Lets go win clean championships.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Being consistent is not popular with most people. Scary.***

Apr 20, 2012, 3:25 PM

Re: Being consistent is not popular with most people. Scary.***

Apr 20, 2012, 3:41 PM

Wouldn't consistency mean that UNC should have had a similar outcome to Clemson? That would be consistent with the ACC

Clemson

If the infractions were the same.***

Apr 20, 2012, 6:30 PM

Re: Buying cars and giving large sums of cash to players is just

Apr 20, 2012, 6:33 PM [ in reply to Buying cars and giving large sums of cash to players is just ]

LINK: on the large sums of money given by our university. Link: for the cars Given by our university. Our violations was mostly done by rogue Boosters!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2012, 7:11 PM

1. NCAA Bylaw 1-1-(b) [improper recruiting inducements] -- (a) In December 1980, a former assistant football coach offered to provide a prospective student-athlete a substantial sum of cash and an automobile to sign a letter of intent; (b) During the fall of 1978, a representative of the university's athletic interests offered to pay the costs for the two sisters of a prospective student-athlete to attend the university; (c) In 1978, the university awarded a scholarship to a friend of a prospective student-athlete; (d) During the 1980-81 academic year, representatives of the university's athletic interests directly assisted a prospective student-athlete and his family in paying four telephone bills; (e) During the 1980-81 academic year, a former assistant football coach and a representative of the university's athletic interests offered to provide the mother of a prospective student-athlete transportation to attend the university's football games during her son's enrollment; (f) During the summer of 1978, a prospective student-athlete was permitted to attend the university's summer football c amp at no cost to him, and (g) In January 1978, an assistant football coach offered inducements to a prospective student-athlete to attend the university that included substantial sums of cash to sign conference and national letters of intent, a television set, a wardrobe and six complimentary football tickets for the university's home football contests.
2. NCAA Bylaws 1-l-(b), 1-8-(j) and 1-8-(l) [improper recruiting inducements and entertainment] -- (a) In December 1979, an assistant football coach provided a prospective student-athlete local automobile transportation, a meal and made remarks that were reasonably interpreted by the young man to be an offer of an automobile, clothing and cash, and (b) In January 1981, a representative of the university's athletic interests offered to provide a prospective student-athlete the use of an automobile, and transportation home during his attendance at the university; further, the representative provided local transportation and a meal to the prospect on this occasion.

3. NCAA Bylaw 1-1-(b)-(l) [improper recruiting inducements] -- (a) In December 1980, a representative of the university's athletic interests gave a prospective student-athlete a substantial amount of cash in return for his signature on a letter of intent, as well as several other gifts; (b) In December 1980, a representative of the university's athletic interests arranged for a substantial amount of cash to be given to a prospective student-athlete and provided the young man and his mother other gifts; (c) During Christmas vacation in the 1977-78 academic year, a former assistant football coach arranged for a prospective student-athlete to receive round-trip airline transportation between a junior college he was attending and his home; (d) During the 1977-78 academic year, a prospective student-athlete made personal long-distance telephone calls through the use of a former assistant football coach's credit card number; (e) During the 1980-81 academic year, a former assistant football coach and a representative of the university's athletic interests gave two prospective student-athletes cash; (f) On numerous occasions during the 1980-81 academic year, a representative of the university's athletic interests gave a prospective student-athlete cash; (g) In January 1978, a former assistant football coach gave a prospective student-athlete's fiancé cash; (h) In the fall of 1978, a former assistant football coach gave a prospective student-athlete cash; (i) A representative of the university's athletic interests paid the cost of numerous long-distant telephone calls made by two prospective student-athletes during December 1980; (j) In February 1981, the head football coach offered to help find a job for a prospective student-athlete's mother; (k) In the spring and summer of 1979, a former assistant football coach arranged for a prospective student-athlete to receive medical examinations and treatment for an ankle injury at no cost to the young man; (1) In November or December 1978, a former assistant football coach gave a prospective student-athlete two sweaters; (m) During January or February 1981, a former assistant football coach mailed a pair of basketball shoes to two prospective student-athletes; (n) During the 1978-79 academic year, a former assistant football coach gave a prospective student-athlete cash to pay the necessary fee to take a college entrance examination; (o) In November 1980, an assistant football coach provided a prospective student-athlete several articles of clothing at no cost to the young man; (p) During December l980~ a representative of the university's athletic interests gave the friend of two prospective student-athletes a briefcase; (q) In January or February 1981, a representative of the university's athletic interests employed a prospective student-athlete's mother and his sister for one day; (r) In the fall of 1979, a former assistant football coach gave a white sport shirt to a prospective student-athlete, and (s ) Numerous prospective student-athletes have been provided T-shirts, football jerseys or souvenir photographs during visits to the university's campus.

4. NCAA Bylaw l-8-(g) [improper transportation] -- In January 1978, a former assistant football coach arranged for a prospective student-athlete to receive a prepaid, one-way commercial airline ticket at no cost to the young man to travel to the university.

5. NCAA Constitution 3-1-(g)-(5) [extra benefits to student-athletes] -- (a) In January 1982, a representative of the university's athletic interests cosigned a promissory note to arrange a loan for a student-athlete to finance the purchase of an automobile, and (b) In April 1980, the head football coach, director of athletics and dean of student affairs arranged for the university to pay the cost of a dental bill on behalf of a student-athlete.

6. NCAA Constitution 3-6-(a) [ethical conduct] -- (a) A former assistant football coach acted contrary to the principles of ethical conduct inasmuch as he did not on all occasions deport himself in accordance with the generally recognized high standards normally associated with the conduct and administration of intercollegiate athletics in that his involvement in the violations set forth in this report demonstrates a knowing and willful effort on his part to operate the university's intercollegiate football program contrary to the requirements and provisions of NCAA legislation, and (b) In the fall of 1981 and again in late February 1982, an assistant football coach telephoned the father of a prospective student-athlete, which were reasonably interpreted a being request to provide the NCAA false information concerning his son's recruitment by the university.

Apr 21, 2012, 10:22 AM

I have read this several times in the past and most of it again now, and I hope you realize that most, in fact almost all, of the infractions listed below that were substantial, were "offered". It doesn't say they had proof they were given. The things that were given were very minor, in most cases, (telephone bills, some articles of clothing, transportation and food over a weekend, etc.), and most of these accusations were made by 2 players from Tennessee that did not even attend Clemson. Now the granting of a scholarship to a friend, is serious, and it was worded like it did happen. That is serious, but, honestly, is that as bad as academic fraud? I think not. I don't mean to minimize our past transgressions, but theirs deserve more than a reprimand.

Apr 20, 2012, 7:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Buying cars and giving large sums of cash to players is just ]

Just as long as we are clear on the class room without links, cause on my grave can promise you this!!!

Ever here of a certain QB named Micheal Carr?

You're right...

Apr 20, 2012, 7:20 PM

Boosters are the name of the game.

I DON'T REMEMBER CARS BEI NG MENTIONED BY NCAA!

Apr 20, 2012, 7:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Buying cars and giving large sums of cash to players is just ]

and yes I meant to shout

WHAT YOU REMEMBER AT ONE POINT IN A REPORT VS A PAST

Apr 20, 2012, 9:11 PM

THAT REPORT ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS! TRUST ME ON CAR FOR CARR!!! BOOSTER WHATEVER>TRANSFERS FOR HUSH!!! SIGNED, I"M CLEMSON THROUGH AND THOUGHOUT, NOT SCARED TO ADMIT $#!+, BUT WANT A CLEAN CHAMPIONSHIP, FOR OBVIOUS REASONS!!! Now, I'm 35 years old grew up on campus with mom working in Long Hall. Read my bio!!! Back in the 80's the football dorms were between Long Hall & the Prez's place. So, what's your affiliation?

If this were the only instance of blantant inequality

Apr 20, 2012, 10:54 PM [ in reply to Buying cars and giving large sums of cash to players is just ]

in unc's favor, I don't think Clemson folks would be nearly as upset. However, this is the cherry on top of the great big freaking years-of-being-screwed-by-the-unc-led-tobacco-row sundae!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Re: If this were the only instance of blantant inequality

Apr 20, 2012, 11:00 PM

Fair enough, I understand that, just we know how the cookie crumbles and by acting like things were different than they were back in the 80's is ridiculous to me.

Be truthful is all I'm sayin.

Fair enough, but think about what you are saying.

Apr 21, 2012, 1:28 PM [ in reply to If this were the only instance of blantant inequality ]

You expect the ACC to add another year of probation on UNC because of Clemson fan's perceived inequality in several non-related matters over the decades? Reality has to kick in at some point with people.

I prefer retribution over political correctness!***

Apr 20, 2012, 4:48 PM [ in reply to What did you want the ACC to do? Add another year simply ]

Re: I prefer retribution over political correctness!***

Apr 20, 2012, 5:35 PM

hahahaha....both work when there. However, f* if not.

I'm surprised they even did this

Apr 20, 2012, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Honestly, what did everyone expect? Anyone shocked by this ]

did any other school in trouble have the commish hold theer hand and attend meeting s with them during the process? Not hardly. this needs to be the catalyst that ends Swoffs reign now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

74, you know better than that.

Apr 20, 2012, 2:54 PM

Swaffie will die in office unless ratface wants the job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Honestly, what did everyone expect? Anyone shocked by this

Apr 21, 2012, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Honestly, what did everyone expect? Anyone shocked by this ]

Disappointed, but not the least bit surprised.

Personally I think the evil eye would've been more effective***

Apr 20, 2012, 2:37 PM

We can get my mother to do it. She has the best one.***

Apr 20, 2012, 2:39 PM

Swofford couldn't bring himself to say UNC and infraction

in the same sentence.

"It's disturbing when any of our institutions...blah, blah, blah"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kinda hard to when administering such a...

Apr 20, 2012, 2:51 PM

tonsil lashing!!!

If this were us I bet Swofford would have a lot more to say

other than just something like, "Oh, well anytime one of our institutions has NCAA infractions it's disturbing."

C'mon Swoffie, why not tack on some extra hits for UNC? Oh wait, nevermind.

ouch, bet that little slap on the wrist with a wet noodle

hurt, gonna need to get a doctor to look at it!

Geez...that's what I issue my dog when he craps in a

Apr 20, 2012, 2:40 PM

neighbor's yard. The ACC sucks wang.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No good deed goes unpunished.....

Apr 20, 2012, 2:43 PM

That'll teach em Swoffie.

Bad UNC! Bad!!!***

Apr 20, 2012, 2:44 PM

Like there was any chance the tarholes could make the CCG.***

Apr 20, 2012, 2:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, obviously not after being reprimanded like this!***

Apr 20, 2012, 2:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well played

Apr 20, 2012, 3:11 PM

hilarious in fact

It Is Days Like This that I really Hate The ACC........***

Apr 20, 2012, 2:53 PM

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

What a crock of crap

Apr 20, 2012, 3:01 PM

We win a Nat. Championship in '81, have some relatively minor infractions, and get stuff (I'm trying really hard not to use a bunch of bad language) from the NCAA and then the ACC tacks on some more "stuff" of their own. Meanwhile, UNCheat does worse, gets penalized by the NCAA, and the ACC says "Bad Boy" in some stupid, lame-arse letter, to cover their butts. He!!, at this point, we should withdraw from the ACC on principle. We're a founding member of this conference and we get crapped on every time those arsehats on tobacco road get a chance. What a go@#$%$# joke.

A Tiger man needs no introduction...

Ooooh, they're on double secret probation now....toga party***

Apr 20, 2012, 3:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

The academic fraud issue should have been enough for

Apr 20, 2012, 3:08 PM

added penalties due to the fact that they took players like Dwight Jones who was refused academically by Clemson and kept him eligible for four years.They apparently could keep Larry, Moe, and Curly eligible to play with the plan they used.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2012, 3:10 PM

Is a reprimand more or less severe than putting a kid in time out?

Apr 20, 2012, 6:46 PM

A kid in time out loses his/her freedom to move about. UNCheaters lose nothing....

An appropiate saying for this reprimand ...

Apr 20, 2012, 3:15 PM

"It is about as useless as t1ts on a boar hog!"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Did they atleast squirt Chancellor Holden w/ a water bottle?***

Apr 20, 2012, 3:23 PM

Apr 20, 2012, 3:34 PM

We still got punished more for girdle-gate from the ACC than what they did. F- this conference.

Apr 20, 2012, 6:48 PM

You're right. We got a public reprimand along with an extra day without use of pads.

It's a traveshamockery!***

Apr 20, 2012, 3:35 PM

A slap on the wrist.

Apr 20, 2012, 3:36 PM

What a joke.

This has Swofford's fingerprints all over it.***

Apr 20, 2012, 3:37 PM

Re: This has Swofford's fingerprints all over it.***

Apr 20, 2012, 4:38 PM

Swoffie couldn't even man-up enough to put out this crock-of-#### letter himself. The only thing his fingerprints are on are the bandages on his knees from...(let's see...how do I put this without being banned...) "shining the shoes" of everybody at UNC he possibly could. Point for you sir, tho, and points all around for all of us who think this is malarkey...

A Tiger man needs no introduction...

Re: This has Swofford's fingerprints all over it.***

Apr 20, 2012, 6:50 PM [ in reply to This has Swofford's fingerprints all over it.*** ]

His finger prints. Its his whole being of who he is all over it....

Fetch the soft pillows! Confess! Confesss!!!!***

Apr 20, 2012, 3:41 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, [i]that'll[/i] teach 'em!

Apr 20, 2012, 3:53 PM

What a dayum joke.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

"As I have said previously,..."

Apr 20, 2012, 4:12 PM

it is disturbing anytime one of our member institutions has NCAA infractions issues" and if it is Clemson, then they should get an extra year of penalties. However, in light of the fact that we (the ACC) are in great fear of having some of our best universities poached from our conference, we are in no position to issue additional penalties at this time. In other words, the member institutions are on to me and my screw ups over the years. I need this gig so that my son will stay employed, so I'm not going to push the issue. Go Heels!

so, now that swoffey had completed his affair with NC,,,

Apr 20, 2012, 4:22 PM

he should have time for an interview???

Re:Well butter my buns and call me a biscuit.***

Apr 20, 2012, 4:26 PM

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!***

Apr 20, 2012, 4:32 PM

Additional penalties for UNC?????

Apr 20, 2012, 5:11 PM

Like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd...

This is Swoffy's attempt to divert attention away from

Apr 20, 2012, 5:32 PM

the sh*tstorm that might befall him regarding his actions to further penalize Clemson in the 80s when he was UNC's AD.
Mr. Swofford, sir, it is time NOW for you to step down. Bring no further embarassment to your alma mater and to the Atlantic Coast Conference. Go away.

Hey Swofford.....Go Suck 1***

Apr 20, 2012, 5:34 PM

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Re: Hey Swofford.....Go Suck 1***

Apr 20, 2012, 6:54 PM

I'm sure he is doing that everyday.

This is not nearly as bad as the private reprimand

Apr 20, 2012, 6:06 PM

###### boys, what did I tell you, don't get caught!!! Now Clemson fans are gonna start talking about that time I gave them the business.

Please pass the wine.

Re: This is not nearly as bad as the private reprimand

Apr 20, 2012, 6:57 PM

I wish that some unstable fan in the ACC would walk up to him, and fire a 44 mag right between his eyes.

Combined TNET protest = 0 in public eye.....but....

Apr 20, 2012, 7:07 PM

...if *anyone* of some importance, Dabo, Terry Don or Clemson's Pres would get involved, we could get some attention focused on this. Otherwise, Clemson has the appearence of just sitting back and taking it....

Apr 20, 2012, 7:12 PM

Banned from the ACC Conference Game? Like they were going to get there in the 1st place.

I must have missed the part about the additional year of

Apr 20, 2012, 8:57 PM

probation that the ACC intends to give UNCheat.

Y'all are missing the most serious penalty

Apr 20, 2012, 9:09 PM

The ACC is banning wine and cheese from UNC tailgates for 4 years.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Y'all are missing the most serious penalty

Apr 20, 2012, 9:10 PM

No Brie at Kenan!!!!!!!!!!!! Sacrilege!!!!!!!!!!1

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The dreaded "public reprimand"...what a crock of #%@!***

Apr 20, 2012, 9:27 PM

Re: Not so fast guys.....

Apr 20, 2012, 9:55 PM

.....Just heard that Swofford has agreed to extend the "Public Reprimand" through the 2013 season as well!

The school admited everything and fired th staff responsible

Apr 20, 2012, 10:11 PM

That didn't happen at clemson.
You paid extra for keeping your staff.

Fries are up! Drive thru is backing up too ...

Apr 20, 2012, 10:16 PM

Break is over.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

USC Honors College is No.1 - passed you in academics as well

Apr 21, 2012, 2:28 AM

USC Honors College is No. 1
In a ranking of public university honors colleges, USC’s was ranked first, according to a soon-to-be-published guide, “A Review of Fifty Public University Honors Programs.”

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2012/03/31/2214942/usc-honors-college-is-no-1.html#storylink=omni_popular#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

Apr 20, 2012, 10:21 PM

My Gawd!! Did they really???
This is too much. This is draconian!! This is brutal!! The very essence of cruel and unusual!!
A PUBLIC reprimand??
But they only cheated a little. What's a little academic fraud?
Why did the ACC come down so hard on them. It's not fair to use them just to make an example.
But at least this will let the other schools know what could happen to them if they decide to cheat.
But still, I feel SO bad for them. It could take years to recover from the embarrasment and humiliation.
And they can't play for the championship this year either. And they had everything lined up to make a run.
This just might have been their year. This is EXTREME!!

Oh well. At least I feel better now when I think back to all those years ago that we only got an extra year of probation.
I'm not sure I could have stood the ridicule of a public reprimand.

Hypocrite...

Apr 20, 2012, 10:28 PM

Amazing how you were so adamant to penalize Clemson during the mid 80's and when you alma mater does even greater harm to themselves and their fellow institutions, you turn the other cheek with a "Public Reprimand"... Please - give me a break. HYPOCRITE!

UNC's wrist must hurt after such a devastating slap***

Apr 20, 2012, 11:35 PM

thats ########***

Apr 21, 2012, 2:08 AM

BS***

Apr 21, 2012, 2:58 AM

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: USC Honors College is No.1 - passed you in academics as well

Apr 21, 2012, 3:51 AM

Honorless College now.

Apr 21, 2012, 9:55 AM

Academic fraud is far worse than any trinkets and junk type violations. I agree they should be reprimanded publicly, but they certainly deserved additional sanctions, as well. What a bunch of pansies we have running this conference, and if Barker had any nads, he should have demanded additional, "Example Setting" sanctions and walked out of the process in protest, if they weren't granted. That is what UNC's or Duke's Presidents would have done, it we were the culprit. I really did not expect anything else, though.

Hey Swofford, go #### yourself***

Apr 21, 2012, 3:40 PM

Replies: 99
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic