Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Former Sooner linebacker Kellen Jones enjoys Clemson visit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Former Sooner linebacker Kellen Jones enjoys Clemson visit

Apr 2, 2012, 12:17 AM

Former Sooner linebacker Kellen Jones enjoys Clemson visit

Former Oklahoma linebacker Kellen Jones and his family were in Clemson Thursday, Friday and Saturday and he tells TigerNet he enjoyed getting to see the campus, meet with the coaches and players and seeing Death Valley. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will

Apr 2, 2012, 12:22 AM

He have to sit ? I would think so or did he he get a full release from ou?

Re: Will

Apr 2, 2012, 12:43 AM

And why has he left 2 schools already?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^That's what I'm wondering^^^***

Apr 2, 2012, 1:44 AM

yeah me too***

Apr 2, 2012, 2:18 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2012, 8:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Will ]

Great question, and one that I am sure he was asked by both Dabo and Venables. Coaching changes can be a big reason for a loss of interest in a place, and it can be loss of interest by the player who committed to a particular coach, or maybe the player didn't fit the system. It didn't sound like he was dismissed, but if Dabo offers, I imagine he and BV see him as a good fit. Time will tell. We need studley LB's on the field, but he only had 10 tackles in 12 games, so I wonder, myself, about his talent level. He may just have been a special teams guy which may also speak to talent level.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2012, 2:45 PM

And he was a 3 star coming out of high school. His performance on the field and his already having left 2 schools...I don't think he is worth the trouble.

Don't forget that...

Apr 2, 2012, 8:21 PM

...Coty Sensabaugh was a 2 star prospect and was hardly recruited. This guy is much needed and would be an absolute stud

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2012, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Will ]

His former DC was turned out at Michigan, now his former DC at Oklahoma left him behind.

Yes, would sit this season with 3 to play.***

Apr 2, 2012, 6:30 AM [ in reply to Will ]

Re: Yes, would sit this season with 3 to play.***

Apr 2, 2012, 7:55 AM

With 3 left to play with 3 transfers. That just doesn't make since. Is he only staying a couple months at each school. Something certainly sounds fishy with this guy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

may have been redshirted at Michigan

Apr 2, 2012, 8:10 AM

then last year was his redshirt freshman year at Oklahoma

He never played at Michigan. In fact, he didn't enroll.

Apr 2, 2012, 10:50 AM

OK was his first season. so, he'd sit a year here and have three left.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Maybe two redshirts and transferring is getting him a better

Apr 2, 2012, 8:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Yes, would sit this season with 3 to play.*** ]

education. Extra years in college for free.......what a deal.

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: Yes, would sit this season with 3 to play.***

Apr 2, 2012, 7:52 AM

Thank you

Re: Front Page Story: Former Sooner linebacker Kellen Jones enjoys Clemson visit

Apr 2, 2012, 8:39 AM

This is an odd story. Something doesn't feel right about a guy that has transferred from two schools already.

Re: Front Page Story: Former Sooner linebacker Kellen Jones enjoys Clemson visit

Apr 2, 2012, 10:17 AM

I guess the bright side is...he will be grown up when he leaves Clemson....

Apr 2, 2012, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Former Sooner linebacker Kellen Jones enjoys Clemson visit ]

I think you are over thinking it. His DC left at Michigan, he went to Oklahoma, his DC left there too, but came to Clemson. Now this guy is interested in Clemson. Makes sense to me, and I don't think this in anyway reflects on his character as many here seem to be implying.

^^^^^This

Apr 2, 2012, 10:53 AM

Thank you for being the voice of reason. The only question for me is whether a former 3-star has the talent we need. Since BV was involved in bringing him to OK, however, I'm sure he wants him at Clemson, too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^^^This

Apr 2, 2012, 10:57 AM

True. Since BV knows him, would think an offer means he fits for Clemson. Don't see Dabo just wasting a scholly on a ??? kid.

Re: ^^^^^This

Apr 2, 2012, 3:00 PM [ in reply to ^^^^^This ]

What do stars really mean??? Everyone is crazy about the local kid and he's only 3 stars. So whats the big differents

and FWIW, scout had him as a 4 star, #12 MLB overall***

Apr 2, 2012, 4:02 PM

He's also 2 years older & has a season under his belt since

Apr 3, 2012, 1:16 PM

he was a HS senior rated a 3-star prospect by Rivals (which I personally trust a lot more than Scout)...

If Brent V. sees him as someone who could fit into the Clemson defensive plans down the road ... well we have to trust his judgement. That's why we hired him.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2012, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Former Sooner linebacker Kellen Jones enjoys Clemson visit ]

by no means was i implying that he was trouble. It is just very odd that he has been able to get out of two schools and yet still has eligibility. did he not have to sit out when he left michigan?

He never enrolled at MI, so no, he didn't have to sit.***

Apr 2, 2012, 12:32 PM

BV coached him so he knows if he's worth it***

Apr 2, 2012, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Former Sooner linebacker Kellen Jones enjoys Clemson visit ]

Apr 2, 2012, 11:58 AM

Another odd part to me is that he said he got to meet Coach BV...shouldn't he have already known him if he's a former sooner?

Apr 2, 2012, 12:18 PM

it said he got to "meet with" BV. I didn't read into it that he didn't know BV, just that he was able to spend some time with him.

I obviously mis-read the statement***

Apr 2, 2012, 3:08 PM

you have to wonder how much talent this kid actually

Apr 2, 2012, 1:40 PM

has.

that tackle count is pretty low

Once again making too many assumptions without all of the

Apr 2, 2012, 8:39 PM

information. It says he played 12 games. If you play one snap in 12 different games.....you played 12 games. Let's say he played 48 snaps.....10 tackles in 48 snaps is not all that bad.

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Apr 2, 2012, 2:24 PM

Jones played in 12 games last year and had a total of ten tackles.

http://www.crimsonandcreammachine.com/2012/4/2/2920319/kellen-jones-disappearance-from-oklahoma-and-resurfacing-at-clemson

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/08/sooner-lb-kellen-jones-transferring-again/

I don't remember seeing him play much last year. I've heard that if he stayed at OU that he might have been competing for second string.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ripping his shirt!!... how can I get abs like that? lol

Apr 3, 2012, 9:46 AM

Good luck, Kellen. I hope you find a home here in Clemson.

Apr 4, 2012, 6:40 AM

BV showed him the important stuff, right?

Such as:

http://www.chick-fil-a.com/clemsonuniversity

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic