Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Rodriguez finds his home, waits for approval
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Rodriguez finds his home, waits for approval

Mar 7, 2012, 10:39 PM

Rodriguez finds his home, waits for approval

Decorated war veteran Daniel Rodriguez says he wants to be a Clemson Tiger after visiting the campus for two days. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think this is bigger than any recruit

Mar 7, 2012, 10:47 PM

this man will lead this team, whether he plays or not

Agree. Make one hell of a captain***

Mar 8, 2012, 4:57 PM

Re: Front Page Story: Rodriguez finds his home, waits for approval

Mar 7, 2012, 10:49 PM

It's a real crock for the NCAA standards for scholarship players to have to be met by a walk-on. Where do they get the right to govern the personal dreams of someone who is not asking for the school to pay their way? The only standards to be met in such a case should be the school's own admission rules - the NCAA should go find a cheating school to lower the hammer on.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The NCAA doesn't regulate who gets a scholarship

Mar 8, 2012, 8:43 AM

they regulate who gets on the field. This hero can come to Clemson if Clemson lets him in, but the NCAA has final say on eligibility to play. 2 totally different things.

Otherwise you would get some giant dumbarse 5-star who can't get in and so they just pay they way around the rules.

Mar 8, 2012, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Rodriguez finds his home, waits for approval ]

Agree! There is one school right here where I live (cootlumbia) that needs to be delt with. And not the people trying to get into school. And that one person that has earned his right to go to any school he chooses in America. When you put your life on the line for these fat A$$ES to go to the bar after work while he is getting shot at. I can see if he wasn't smart enough to get in school. But that doesn't seem to be the case here. So the red tape should be green in this case. Good Luck Rodriguez with getting into the best of the best as Clemson University. Clemson Nation welcomes you. Now its just the getting through the hurry up and wait. Goooooo Tigerssssss!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2012, 10:51 PM

This kid is special. You always hear about once in a lifetime talents, well this kid is a once in a lifetime person. Can't wait to see him lead on and off the field, glad he chose Clemson.

This is the underdog story that defines Clemson football...

Mar 8, 2012, 1:05 PM

...Danny always felt that he and his teams were the underdogs, and that attitude made every player play with a chip on his shoulder. Us against the world, and that is the way I like it!

D-Rod is the kind of underdog story that fits into the Clemson history and mold like a glove.

It will be tough for this young man, and he is going to think he is in another Afghan fight for playing time survival. But I think he is up to the task. I suspect that he is a niche offensive or special teams guy, but I believe there is a place on this Tiger team for him.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

get'er done CU. already my favorite tiger.***

Mar 7, 2012, 11:26 PM

Mar 8, 2012, 4:50 AM

What an honor that this young man wants to attend our University and play for us. Clemson welcomes you, Daniel. Go Tigers!

Is there any doubt that a Bronze Star can exceed a

Mar 8, 2012, 8:06 AM

5 star?

Welcome Daniel! I hope everything works out.

This is Awesome!!! The NCAA better not screw this up.

Mar 8, 2012, 8:09 AM

With all the other despicable things going on in college sports, if the NCAA doesn't approve this man's application, they are going to have a PR nightmare on their hands.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OH Yeah, second order of business....Thanks VaTech....

Mar 8, 2012, 8:15 AM

With all the negative and horrible things that have happened around your university in the past couple of years, how in the ever loving he!! do you not do everything you could to help this young man?

I now see why you call yourselves "Hokies".

But, thanks again. GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OH Yeah, second order of business....Thanks VaTech....

Mar 8, 2012, 9:02 AM

You are right about the VT past years. There is no doubt this guy would stop a shooter killing off our students....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OH Yeah, second order of business....Thanks VaTech....

Mar 8, 2012, 9:26 PM

Wow...

i agree. that was a lil much lol***

Mar 8, 2012, 9:27 PM

I agree 100%....There will be a lot of veterans like myself

Mar 8, 2012, 8:28 AM [ in reply to This is Awesome!!! The NCAA better not screw this up. ]

up in arms, so to speak, if he doesn't get the waiver. The NCAA in my opinion CAN NOT afford to screw this up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree 100%....There will be a lot of veterans like myself

Mar 8, 2012, 11:14 PM

Could you envision the size of the protest in front of the NCAA headquarters? Maybe I should say invasion.. LOL
GO TIGERS!!!
:)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is Awesome!!! The NCAA better not screw this up.

Mar 8, 2012, 11:10 PM [ in reply to This is Awesome!!! The NCAA better not screw this up. ]

I AGREE!!!
That could be the downfall of the NCAA, if they do something that stupid! (After the last few years of "NCAA stuff"). Everyone has about had it with them.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sounds like he found that there is something in those hills!***

Mar 8, 2012, 9:28 AM

Does anyone have any idea how long the NCAA

Mar 8, 2012, 9:43 AM

takes to rule on this? I would not even begin to know the process and was hoping someone could enlighten me.

Thanks in advance!

He might be here by fall camp '13. ncaa is ridiculous***

Mar 8, 2012, 6:47 PM

Clemson had better make this happen

Mar 8, 2012, 12:29 PM

Let's not let some silly red tape keep this guy from being able to play for us. Looks like an extremely hard worker, and we all know that somebody who's gone through martial discipline isn't going to have problems in the classroom.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great story. God bless him. Let the man play!***

Mar 10, 2012, 2:02 AM

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic