Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Rodriguez hopeful for second chance at football, might have home with Tigers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 75
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Rodriguez hopeful for second chance at football, might have home with Tigers

Mar 6, 2012, 7:26 PM

Rodriguez hopeful for second chance at football, might have home with Tigers

War veteran Daniel Rodriguez served his country in both Iraq and Afghanistan, and now wants a chance to know the feeling of competing on the football field. Dabo Swinney might be giving him that chance. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Rodriguez hopeful for second chance at football, might have home with Tigers

Mar 6, 2012, 7:35 PM

And yet, again, Dabo's class shows. I am pulling hard for him to make it on the team and to be a contributor.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Rodriguez hopeful for second chance at football, might have home with Tigers

Mar 6, 2012, 7:42 PM

great video..i would love to see this guy get a chance on our team!

Mar 6, 2012, 7:53 PM

I can only imagine the psychological impact that this man can have on this team. Talk about all in!! He just wants to contribute any way he can...no ego, no gimme's, no favors.

I really hope that this works out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen. I see a movie here.***

Mar 6, 2012, 7:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Rodriguez hopeful for second chance at football, might have home with Tigers ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

What a movie that would be

Mar 6, 2012, 7:58 PM

if made by the right people, I would love to see that

Funny you say that

Mar 6, 2012, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Amen. I see a movie here.*** ]

the guy that did The Blindside already offered him, but, due to compliance issues, he turned it down.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This whole thing, that video, the story, etc., has that feel

Mar 6, 2012, 11:10 PM

to it. The video is almost like a promo for a movie.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: This whole thing, that video, the story, etc., has that feel

Mar 6, 2012, 11:19 PM

Yea...Dan had some of his buddies do that video that started out with Dan filming himself...he traded their time with some ammo on the range. He said the first time he saw the video, he was shocked!

Crazy stuff. I told him the first time he runs down The Hill, his heart is going to be racing so fast. He's pumped.

I have a feeling...

Mar 6, 2012, 7:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Rodriguez hopeful for second chance at football, might have home with Tigers ]

that Dabo thinks that even if this young man does not get to contibute much on the field, that he can contribute greatly in the locker room. And that could be a heck of a contribution.

JMO---but I think this guy has the potential for

Mar 6, 2012, 8:05 PM

Special Teams Legend.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly.......and maybe much more. Best shape on team.***

Mar 6, 2012, 8:46 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey coots, this is what class looks like***

Mar 6, 2012, 9:15 PM [ in reply to JMO---but I think this guy has the potential for ]

Com'mon now, they had Pops

Mar 7, 2012, 7:57 AM

but that's because they could find enough highschool athletes to fill the roster

Re: Hey coots, this is what class looks like***

Mar 7, 2012, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Hey coots, this is what class looks like*** ]

Great story and I hope he does well. He knows what real war is and I love hearing things like this with so much military history in my family. However, your post is about as classless as it gets. You bring up coot stuff after all that. We had an ex military guy play for us too. Grow up and be proud of the young man instead of using it as a tool to take a shot at your rival.

Mar 7, 2012, 4:11 PM

I agree....I hate South Carolina....but would rather focus on how special this story is rather than talking crap to South Carolina fans. I hope he gets a spot on the team......

RUDY...RUDY...RUDY!!!!

It's pretty apparent that your coach and program is about as

Mar 7, 2012, 5:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey coots, this is what class looks like*** ]

classless as it gets.

Mar 9, 2012, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Hey coots, this is what class looks like*** ]

Ouch.

Hope it works out for the guy. I'm sure he'd have a positive impact in terms of morale/ locker room attitude at the very least.

We had a simillar situation with "Pops" a few years ago, though he was much older.

Re: I have a feeling...

Mar 6, 2012, 8:29 PM [ in reply to I have a feeling... ]

Given a chance, he will play on the team. You don't stop men with that kind of heart.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have a feeling...

Mar 7, 2012, 8:52 AM [ in reply to I have a feeling... ]

oh after seeing that video, he will contribute. no doubt.

regardless of how much he plays this guy would be an asset

Mar 6, 2012, 7:47 PM

for any program.

I have a friend who's son did a tour there like this young man. there is nothing like having snipers try to pick you off while living on a mountain side to give you a perspective on what matters in life. I thank this young man for his service to our country and hope he gets a chance somewhere

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If this man makes it on our team

Mar 6, 2012, 8:03 PM

I'll be buying my first jersey specifically for someone's number - his.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DITTO...***

Mar 6, 2012, 8:05 PM

You will always be in the right if you treat others as you want to be treated!

Re: DITTO the DITTO !

Mar 6, 2012, 8:11 PM

And I bet he won't care what number is on his jersey !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 6, 2012, 8:57 PM

Ditto cubed!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2012, 4:13 PM

COUNT ME IN!!!! GO TIGERS!!!!

Re: If this man makes it on our team

Mar 6, 2012, 9:37 PM [ in reply to If this man makes it on our team ]

I will be too. I don't care if he never steps foot on the football field he will automatically be one of my favorite Tigers ever.

Amen, brother. Between Dabo and this kid, we will be one

Mar 7, 2012, 9:45 AM [ in reply to If this man makes it on our team ]

pumped up, motivated team. Imagine if we can get all the 4 and 5 star recruits as motivated as this kid. WOW!!!! Give this kid a chance.

GO TIGERS!!!

Mar 6, 2012, 8:06 PM

So now David Hood is ripping off stories from SouthernPigskin....nicely done David, nicely done.

Every story is usually from another source

Mar 6, 2012, 8:13 PM

And how many people are just learning of this because its now on tigernet?

And why does it matter?

Does anthing ever please you? Seems you're never happy.

Mar 6, 2012, 8:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Rodriguez hopeful for second chance at football, might have home with Tigers ]

I sincerely hope I am wrong. Cheer up!

Re: Does anthing ever please you? Seems you're never happy.

Mar 7, 2022, 5:28 PM

I don't care where the story came from. This just made my day....sitting in an office all day for 8 hours working on a big project....this story makes me smile and tell myself that there are far worse and more dangerous jobs out there. Puts things in perspective. Go TIGERS!!!

Mar 6, 2012, 9:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Rodriguez hopeful for second chance at football, might have home with Tigers ]

So now we will have to take along some "body bags", just in case the coots start another fight they can't win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thx for reaching out to him Dabo!

Mar 6, 2012, 8:18 PM

He grew up a VaTech fan, hope he leaves with a Clemson offer in hand! I bet you won't see him giving problems to the team. Good luck Daniel!

And if the coots want to start another brawl out on the.....

Mar 6, 2012, 8:28 PM

field again, whoever tries to fight this guy is going to be in for a huge surprise.

Re: And if the coots want to start another brawl out on the.....

Mar 6, 2012, 8:35 PM

Yep, I bet you're right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Rodriguez hopeful for second chance at football, might have home with Tigers***

Mar 6, 2012, 8:34 PM

Regardless....

Mar 6, 2012, 8:37 PM

Of whether you play for us or anyone else, including the chickenshits to the south, we are rooting for you Mr. Rodriguez. Thank you for your sacrifices and everything else you have done to protect the freedom we enjoy each and every day!

Mar 6, 2012, 8:40 PM

pls sign him up. find more like him if you can.

That's an awesome story! Rudy has nothing on him.***

Mar 6, 2012, 8:44 PM

Mar 6, 2012, 8:44 PM

This guy is from my area. I read about him in the hometown paper. This is so cool. I hope he does end up a Tiger!

This is awesome. I cant wait for this kid to join the team!!***

Mar 6, 2012, 8:52 PM

Re: This is awesome. I cant wait for this kid to join the team!!***

Mar 7, 2012, 12:16 PM

Ummmmm, he isn't a kid anymore. After you have been a bullet stopper, you become a man!!!

Mar 6, 2012, 8:54 PM

I would not trade Dabo for all the spurlids of the world. We have a class act in a coach, and he inspires everybody around him, players, coaches, fans, et. al., to look beyond themselves and to be all, and even more than, you are supposed to be. This young man is an inspiration to those around him, and I would bet that he holds himself accountable, and he expects others to be held accountable, too, and it will rub off on his team- mates. This was a huge loss to VT and a huge gain for Clemson, even if he never is good enough to make the starting roster, because he gets it. It's not just a game. It's about life, and when you figure that part out, the rest will happen.

I want him. Would be great for 1st player in uniform to

Mar 6, 2012, 8:55 PM

dot the "i" on military appreciation day. Then get on the field and kick butt.

I think we would like a team full of men like this. What a

Mar 6, 2012, 9:02 PM

great story.

So is it still between us and VT?

Mar 6, 2012, 9:18 PM

or is it now us as his "home"?

I can understand if he still ends up at VT because its his dream, but I would love for him to become a tiger, more than any other recruit

Ya I wasn't clear if he was enrolling here or not for sure***

Mar 6, 2012, 9:23 PM

Guys this is what ALL IN looks likes***

Mar 6, 2012, 10:04 PM

Oh boy!! This will be fun watch! D-Rod...go baby, go!***

Mar 6, 2012, 11:09 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Mar 6, 2012, 11:08 PM

Hope dabo does everything to get this guy,he would. Be awesome
As one of them hide behind the line sgat backs. TD go tigers!!!!!!

Rodriquez may not be rated by Scout, ESPN or Rivals, but

Mar 6, 2012, 11:25 PM

he is definitely a 5-star recruit. Haul him in, Dabo! Would be a great addition to the team!

Wow, this is the best story I've seen in long time!!

Mar 6, 2012, 11:35 PM

What a great young man! I really hope this hero ends up in Tiger Town. Thank you Mr. Rodriguez for fighting for our country. You are a superb human being and a winner in every sense of the word.

GO TIGERS!!

This guy is already a Tiger. ..and a superb young man.***

Mar 6, 2012, 11:52 PM

Tigers could use a man like Daniel who has some true grit***

Mar 6, 2012, 11:57 PM

Good Luck Soldier! Go TIGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Point for "True Grit" LbB***

Mar 7, 2012, 1:56 PM

Mar 7, 2012, 12:07 AM

I am proud to be calling this man a future fellow Clemson Alumni.

null

Possibly future head football coach, Athletic Director, and

Mar 7, 2012, 12:14 AM

/ or President of Clemson University.

I'm a huge fan of this young man already!

This would be a continuance of Clemson's long tradition

Mar 7, 2012, 7:00 AM

of providing and receiving members of our Armed Forces. I can imagine what a tremendous motivating factor he would be to our entire team, as well as to our fan base, including students.

Mar 7, 2012, 8:30 AM

The guy has already started out doing something extraordinary, he has everyone on here agreeing about the same thing, haha. I am already a fan of his, just like all of you. MarineOne and the rest of you that served, I know you guys are pumped.

Rodriguez and Clemson

Mar 7, 2012, 8:50 AM

Clemson University supplied the 3rd most officers in WWII. Behind only Tx A&M and West Point.

Just part of the military tradition that Rodriguez would be a welcome and honored part of.

What a leader... what a man... I hope... a Tiger too.

In any case... we are so grateful for his service... and that of those like him.

Sign this guy. I don't care how good he is. Sign him.***

Mar 7, 2012, 9:22 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proud to be a Tiger.

Mar 7, 2012, 9:56 AM

Proud to have a coach represent Clemson with that kind of class.

God Bless this young man and....

Mar 7, 2012, 11:42 AM

I can't wait to see him on the football field.

great story***

Mar 7, 2012, 1:14 PM

Mar 7, 2012, 1:32 PM

This is the difference between Clemson recruiting and recruiting of our feathered neighbors. We recruit war heroes that fight terror abroad and they recruit players that comment terrorist acts domestically.

Keeping it classy

http://www.wistv.com/story/17030336/usc-mlb-watley-arrested-suspended

Mar 7, 2012, 1:34 PM

That spiffy pic of him makes it seem like he's unconcerned and possibly on drugs

Clemson

Mar 7, 2012, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Rodriguez hopeful for second chance at football, might have home with Tigers ]

commit, not comment, sorry

Read the headline and thought it was about RichRod !!! GLAD

Mar 7, 2012, 3:07 PM

it isn't ....

Great, great story.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Mar 7, 2012, 4:30 PM

After reading everything and watching all the film he has presented. If he does come to Clemson to play FB and go to school. He has one very important thing he WILL HAVE TO CHANGE. His alarm that gets him up every morning will have to go. There is no way he can be allowed to have a rooster crowing to wake him up. That just won't work!!!

unless it motivates him

Mar 7, 2012, 5:00 PM

it reminds him that he needs to get up and train so he can decapitate a few chickens one day

Hope he becomes a tiger. Thanks for your service Rodriguez.

Mar 7, 2012, 5:41 PM

Need more men like that in the world.

Just saw him in the spring practice pics

Mar 7, 2012, 7:16 PM

I think he was literally 'walking on' when they took the pic. Still in his steet clothes

Any follow-up on D-Rod? Is he eligible?

Mar 7, 2012, 8:50 PM

B-Meist, will there be any follow-up on D-Rod? I'm curious as to what the admissions and compliance office had to say. Thx!

Message was edited by: CRAWDAD®

Message was edited by: CRAWDAD®

Re: Any follow-up on D-Rod? Is he eligible?

Mar 7, 2012, 10:03 PM

David interviewed him tonight and we will have a follow up soon.

Clemson or Gamecock fan

Mar 8, 2012, 6:57 PM

South Carolina had a guy in the Holtz era that did the same thing...they called him pops. As a God fearing noncommunist Clemson fan...Dear God let this guy be a TIGER!!! I know that we are programmed to defy each other as Tigers and gamecocks, but this is bigger than sports. I will never be more proud as a lifelong Tiger fan as I would if I can watch this giant of a man run down the hill. Normally I would call them shamecocks but for this I'll call you lower cased gamecocks for this particular comment. HaHa

Replies: 75
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic