Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Anderson's legacy transcends sports
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Anderson's legacy transcends sports

Feb 10, 2012, 1:55 PM

Anderson's legacy transcends sports

Randy Anderson was known to many because of his ties to Clemson, but Randy Anderson the man was far more compelling than Randy Anderson the athlete. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen

Feb 10, 2012, 2:28 PM

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Anderson's legacy transcends sports

Feb 10, 2012, 2:43 PM

I never met Mr. Anderson, but if everything said about him is true, I envy those who knew him and regret that I did not.

Maybe the best thing I have ever read on Tnet.....

Feb 10, 2012, 2:46 PM

Being a softball player and experiencing the prayer time on the mound after games....remembering Randy's big smile....how engaging he was to those that never knew him personally...and from your words- he was sooooo in love with Jesus that he literally represented our Lord and Savior every day, even in his last breaths! WOW! just WOW! Here's the greatest part...NOW he is with Jesus forever...REALLY! and forever SMILING!

Thanks for the article...He IS what I love about Clemson and he represents us so well.

Go Tigers and Go God!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well said and AMEN***

Feb 10, 2012, 3:20 PM

Feb 10, 2012, 2:52 PM

When life on Earth is over, all that matters is what you believe in your heart and Randy's heart was definetly in the right place. Prayers to the family.

Re: Anderson's legacy transcends sports- wow

Feb 10, 2012, 2:53 PM

well writtten and good advice. I never met Randy but I can tell he was one of those folks we've all known where just interacting with him in some way made your day better. we all know these type folks. sadly there are way too few of them aound

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2012, 5:29 PM

Randy Anderson's life was one definitely played in championship form.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Feb 10, 2012, 5:49 PM

I was a classmate of Randy's at Broome and Clemson. I shared this memory of Randy on Facebook after learning of his death -

"R.I.P. Randy Anderson. As I sit here reading everyone's memories of Randy and his life (great job Jamie Pettit) I was reminded of a memory I have of Randy during the time we were both at Clemson. Since I had the good fortune of being friends with one of the students that was in charge of giving out student tickets for football games I usually had pretty good seats behind the home bench. Prior to each game I always looked for Robby Chapman or Randy to speak with them if I could. On this particular day I was only able to spot Randy so I went down to the wall separating the stands from the field. I called out to him and he came over to speak with me for a second. He had already lost his starting job to Rodney Williams by this time so he knew he wouldn't be starting. And because of that and because of what Randy did and said that day truly spoke of what type of man he was and would later become. As he approached the wall to speak to me I noticed several things. The first was his smile (as big as it always was). Despite losing the starting quarterback job and how much that hurt he was still happy and enjoying himself. The second was what he was wearing on his jersey. It was a large white pin with "I ♥ Jesus" printed on it. Here he was prior to a major college football game and at the same time he was the only one I could see proclaiming his faith for all to see. He shook my hand and asked how I was doing. I told him I was fine and asked how he was. He said he was "great" and how God had been good to him. As we finished our conversation and he left to go back toward the bench he told me he loved me like he always did and how he hoped God would bless me. This is how I will always remember Randy because this is how he was whenever I saw him. Despite all that he had going on in his life he always took the time to ask about me and my family and treat them all with such kindness. We would sometimes go months or years before we saw each other but when we did see each other it was just like we had seen each other the day before. Because of that I can't wait until I get to see him again."

Also, we are trying to have the Broome football field renamed in Randy's memory - http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/petition-to-rename-the-broome-high-school-football/.

Great story and this is probably the best article on Tnet

Feb 10, 2012, 9:25 PM

i've ever read. Never knew alot of this stuff about Randy. Remember watching him play in the 80s and he seemed to have a great attitude even after getting replaced as starting QB. He's obviously dealt with alot of setbacks graciously and been a great example, role model, Christian, friend, etc.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2012, 7:46 PM

wow. what a great story. i have only known randy for a few years but if feels like a lifetime. he was kind enough to speak at my golf tournament every year. each time he touched so many lives. i watched him lead people to christ each year that i never thought was possible. i can honestly say that i have never met anyone like randy before and probably never will again. well maybe when i get to heaven. goodbye my brother.

I never had the honor to meet Randy but I remember being at

Feb 10, 2012, 7:51 PM

one of Ford's summer camps in the mid 1980's and seeing him throw long to Gary Cooper. That dude had an arm! God Bless him and his family!

Feb 11, 2012, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Anderson's legacy transcends sports ]

Good read. The man truly reconized what was important in life. (nice first post Peden)

What a MAN!

Feb 10, 2012, 9:16 PM

God bless him and his family.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2012, 10:37 AM

Thanks Randy-More important things than football

WOW - never heard of this guy

Feb 11, 2012, 11:00 AM

but is definitely someone I want to learn more about. Just reading this article about him already makes me question how I'm using my talents and whether or not I truly appreciate the life I've been blessed with or am I too preoccupied with wanting more?

My prayers go out to all of his friends, family, and the Tiger fans that had connections with him.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic