Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Mountaineers get offensive in Orange Bowl rout of Tigers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 2,935

Front Page Story: Mountaineers get offensive in Orange Bowl rout of Tigers

Jan 5, 2012, 1:38 AM

Mountaineers get offensive in Orange Bowl rout of Tigers

West Virginia scored a bowl-record 70 points and Geno Smith threw a BCS-record six touchdown passes as the Mountaineers knocked off Clemson 70-33 in the Discover Orange Bowl Wednesday night. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Mountaineers get offensive in Orange Bowl rout of Tigers

Jan 5, 2012, 2:37 AM

1982 Orange Bowl Champions, 1981 National Champions
30 years later...
2012 Orange Bowl National Embarrassment Champs (most points ever given up in bowl)

excuse me while I go back to living in the past (back when Clemson had a defense)

Clemson's performance was offensive. Nice job Dabo!

Jan 5, 2012, 2:57 AM

I like the way that Dabo blamed the turnovers. Uh... the turnover differential was 3. WVU beat Clemson by 34 points, with inferior personnel. And Holgerson mercifully called off the dogs and went to a VERY conservative run-dominated attack by the 3rd quarter. If Hogerson had kept his foot to the pedal, WVU would have probably scored somewhere between 84 and 98 points.

Dabo did a terrible job of prepping his team for a big bowl game. That's something that comes with experience. I hope Dabo and the boys had a good time in South Beach. Based on the beach photos and videos, it looked like they had a blast. Unfortunately, WVU had a blast in the Orange Bowl. Maybe with a bit more on-the-job training Dabo will learn how to prepare a team for a big bowl game... Probably not in 2012 (breaking in a new O-line), but maybe in 2013.

Clemson's performance was offensive. Nice job Dabo!

Jan 5, 2012, 3:17 AM

Let's face it. WVU's coaching staff did a MUCH, MUCH better job preparing their less talented team to beat the heck out of Dabo's more talented team. Fortunatley, Holgerson mercifully called off the dogs and went to a conservative run-oriented, clock-grinding game by the 3rd quarter, otherwise WVU would have likely scored 84-98 points. Clemson was completely out-coached.

I hope Dabo and the boys had a good time in South Beach. Unfortunately, WVU prepped well and had their fun in the Orange Bowl. Hopefully after another year or two of on-the-job training, Dabo will learn how to prep the team for a big bowl game. At least Clemson won the ACC before embarrassing the heck out of Clemson. That's a step in the right direction.

Re: Clemson's performance was offensive. Nice job Dabo!

Jan 5, 2012, 7:38 AM

Thank goodness Dabo got to see Lebron James play! These are the important things.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 2,935
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic