Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Steele, defense come up big in ACC Championship
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Steele, defense come up big in ACC Championship

Dec 4, 2011, 7:22 PM

Steele, defense come up big in ACC Championship

Clemson defensive coordinator Kevin Steele and the defense found the right time to turn a strong defensive performance. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Steele, defense come up big in ACC Championship

Dec 4, 2011, 8:18 PM

I would just like to say that I could not be happier for Coach Steele and the rest of the players and coaches of this ACC championship team....Last week I read post calling for Coach Steele's job, saw pictures of him as a cheerleader, and heard how terrible of coach SOME Clemson fans thought he was....Truth is it is a good thing he and the rest of the tiger team were ALL in ALL the fricking TIME!!!! There were a lot of you on here that quit on the coaches and team... Good thing they did not!!!!! GO TIGERS

I never quit on this team...

Dec 5, 2011, 7:00 AM

I was there screaming my lungs out every defensive snap. I did wonder aloud whether Steele needed to be replaced at the end of the season and I still do. One good defensive performance doesn't erase a whole year of ranking near the bottom of almost every statistical category. We did look really good Saturday though. I trust Dabo will make the right decision on how to improve the defense. That may be to move forward with Steele and it may not. I'm sure he knows better than I do.

There with you Kiggity. That's Dabo's job, not ours. And I

Dec 5, 2011, 12:36 PM

think Steele is a smart Coach...Smart people learn from their mistakes...If the D would have played like they did the previous 4 games, I would have given you a couple of names for replacement...I read what they did, jumping on the 18-24 y/o's about responsibility, but that should be a norm, not an "after-the-fact". Let's see if true "learning" occurred on January 4th. I'll be there screaming the complete 60 minutes plus.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only "One" post? There must have been 500. However, the

Dec 5, 2011, 12:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Steele, defense come up big in ACC Championship ]

"Responsibility" he and Swinney mentioned shouldn't have been a "new" thing they installed. That should have been the culture since day one. Do you think your Airmen, Soldiers, Marines and Sailors aren't instilled with responsibility from day one? Sure some of them still slide because they refuse to accept it and they usually get the boot sooner than later...Accountability is a must!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

18-22 year olds

Dec 5, 2011, 2:23 PM

He keeps mentioning this alot. Every college team is comprised of 18-22 year olds. He may as well go back to coaching pro players if he has a problem with this.

We are roughly 8th and 9th in the ACC defensive categories, ahead of only Wake, BC, Duke and Maryland.

FSU went out and got a DC last year and they finished first in total D this year.

I don't know but perhaps we should do the same.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic