Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Chester McGlockton dead at age 42
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Chester McGlockton dead at age 42

Nov 30, 2011, 4:47 PM

Chester McGlockton dead at age 42

Former Clemson All-ACC defensive tackle and NFL Pro Bowl player Chester McGlockton died in California on Wednesday morning. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Chester McGlockton dead at age 42

Nov 30, 2011, 4:56 PM

I remember it like it was yesterday, I was sitting in the end zone 15 rows up and he blew Harris up!!! The place went crazy! RIP Chester!

McGlockton made first-team All-ACC in 1991 and was a freshman All-American in 1989. He tied for the regular season ACC lead in sacks as freshman in 1989 with six, then had a seventh in the bowl victory over West Virginia. He sacked West Virginia quarterback Major Harris, then recovered the ball in the end zone of a touchdown.

Just imagine the kind of talent we had back then when you

Nov 30, 2011, 5:07 PM

redshirt a player like Chester McGlockton.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just imagine the kind of talent we had back then when you

Dec 1, 2011, 9:21 AM

Go to YouTube and look at "Ford's Last Stand". You will see what kind of teams we used to field. There were a team full of stars on that squad, and Chester got is sack and TD recovery in the endzone in that WV game. He was a great player, and you are right when you think of how good we were for him to have had to redshirt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2011, 3:27 PM

I believe that firing Danny Ford when we did cost us a second national championship.

The 1990 team was arguably the most talented team we ever had, and the other big boys (Miami, ND, FSU) tripped over each other during the season.

Instead, the title was split between a Colorado team that was helped by the greatest officiating blunder in NCAA history and Georgia flippin Tech.

Danny wouldn't have lost to UVA and probably could have pulled it out over GT. That would have been good enough for a share of the title.

Dec 1, 2011, 10:12 PM

You probably are right. TU!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2011, 8:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Just imagine the kind of talent we had back then when you ]

I would rather have one Chester McGlockton than all the football track star skill players from Florida.

Nov 30, 2011, 6:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Chester McGlockton dead at age 42 ]

My favorite Clemson play of all time. I was 9 years old in the stands at that game.

Nov 30, 2011, 10:36 PM

I was 11 and at that game and that is the play I remember

Nov 30, 2011, 5:06 PM

I lost my father on 11/03/2011. May God's love wrap around the McGlockton family in the same manner he did our family earlier this month. Prayers to the family and all those who's life he touched with his kindness and caring. Such losses really put one back on track as to what is really important in life...God and family.

R.I.P. to Great Father, Husband and football player***

Nov 30, 2011, 7:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Chester was an outstanding football player and an even

Nov 30, 2011, 8:48 PM

Chester was an outstanding football player and an even better person. Such a loss to us and a gain to heaven.

RIP Big Chester

Nov 30, 2011, 9:19 PM

Major Harris still has nightmares of you

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RIP Chester

Nov 30, 2011, 9:31 PM

42 is far to early to go. Prayers to the family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2011, 10:36 PM

Very sad. So sorry to hear this. I pray for comfort for his family.

I'm stationed in California

Nov 30, 2011, 11:25 PM

and there are some great tributes to him coming out of the Bay Area from Stanford folks, where he was coaching, as well as former Raiders like Tim Brown, who was just on the news in tears. Man, how i can still see him living in our opponents' backfields all day every Saturday....what a beast of a DT with us and in the NFL and a gentle giant off the field. Had a HS buddy who took classes with him at Clemson and said Big Chet was a great ordinary guy on campus. Opposing QB's didn't feel that way. I had an officer in my unit several years ago who was an OL at Duke and played against him tell me that he "still has nightmares of that game". RIP Big Chet

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the CA update! I was actually wondering about

Nov 30, 2011, 11:48 PM

all the things you covered!

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic