Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Boyd, Watkins finish behind VT's David Wilson in ACC POY
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Boyd, Watkins finish behind VT's David Wilson in ACC POY

Nov 30, 2011, 1:38 PM

Boyd, Watkins finish behind VT's David Wilson in ACC POY

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder how VT can spin this into a slap in the face?***

Nov 30, 2011, 1:41 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how can they vote POY when the FOOTBALL GAMES are

Nov 30, 2011, 1:42 PM

not over yet???????????? Geebus this drives me crazy.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Regular season award***

Nov 30, 2011, 1:43 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But it's called player of the YEAR - not player of the

Nov 30, 2011, 1:45 PM

REGULAR SEASON.

Photobucket

Good point! My guess is that since only two teams play in

Nov 30, 2011, 1:56 PM

the championship game, they consider that part of the "year". Pretty lame though, because you have to figure that the POY would typically come from one of the two teams in the championship game so one would think those championship game results should figure into the equation.

Because it's a regular season award. It's always been done

Nov 30, 2011, 2:40 PM [ in reply to how can they vote POY when the FOOTBALL GAMES are ]

this way in every sport.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Player Update: Boyd, Watkins finish behind VT's David Wilson in ACC POY

Nov 30, 2011, 1:52 PM

Now that right there is funny. I get it that Boyd was not in the running, but there is not a better player in this conference than Sammie Watkins. What a travesty!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right you are so maybe Sammy and out team can use that as

Nov 30, 2011, 1:58 PM

ammunition to fire us up. One can only hope.

quote from Sammy on 12/3: "I don't mind not winning the ACC

Nov 30, 2011, 2:05 PM

POY award, because THE CLEMSON TIGERS ARE ACC CHAMPS!!!"

:D

Photobucket

Sammy and Boyd lost it the last three weeks. Sammy hasn't

Nov 30, 2011, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: Boyd, Watkins finish behind VT's David Wilson in ACC POY ]

done that much the last month.

Wilson clearly deserves it. He led is team to an 11-1 season and is in the top 5.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sammy and Boyd lost it the last three weeks. Sammy hasn't

Nov 30, 2011, 8:14 PM

They have an OL. Sammie has done his, pretty much in spite of a crappy OL to help give him time to get open. Not saying the VT guy isn't good, but he is no Sammie Watkins, and he never will be.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wilson gets as many yards on his own as any RB in

Nov 30, 2011, 9:51 PM

country.

Re: Wilson gets as many yards on his own as any RB in

Dec 1, 2011, 9:01 AM

After he gets through the hole in the line. He is not a 1 man show, nor is anybody else, but you can think he is the best if you want to. You are not alone in your view. VT already was a good team, however, and Sammie has been the biggest difference maker for us this year, and no other player in our league has taken their team from a losing season to the Championship game.

Re: Sammy and Boyd lost it the last three weeks. Sammy hasn't

Dec 1, 2011, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Sammy and Boyd lost it the last three weeks. Sammy hasn't ]

Think what you wish. He had a great OL to run behind, and he had a Defense that let him get on the field a lot, too. Sammy has been hurt for the last couple of weeks, but the guy from VT is good. He is no Sammy Watkins, however, and this was a travesty.

Hard to argue against Wilson

Nov 30, 2011, 2:11 PM

He's been dominant this year and VT is 11-1 and ranked in the top 5. Watkins, while exceptional, is only a Freshman and didn't put up the same numbers as Wilson. Still, though, if we're playing sand lot football, I'm picking Watkins for my team before Wilson 100% of the time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic