Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Morris says Tigers need to turn the page
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Morris says Tigers need to turn the page

Nov 28, 2011, 1:16 PM

Morris says Tigers need to turn the page

Clemson offensive coordinator Chad Morris said Monday that his offense – and the entire team as a whole – has to turn the page after an embarrassing 34-13 loss to South Carolin Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

seems like we've been stuck on that page for a few games...

Nov 28, 2011, 1:18 PM

and apparently can't comprehend what we are reading

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry for the sticky pages

Nov 28, 2011, 1:18 PM

HTH

lol***

Nov 28, 2011, 1:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: seems like we've been stuck on that page for a few games...

Nov 28, 2011, 4:37 PM [ in reply to seems like we've been stuck on that page for a few games... ]

You have got to be kidding me with this picture... Everybody on this forum is so quick to bash all of the coaches and players when all YOU do is show up in the stands or watch on tv a game of football. Half of you have never played football in your entire LIFE and want to talk about or make fun of coaches who have played and coached their entire life.... I think Coach Swinney and Coach Steele and the rest of the tiger coaches need to come to YOUR job and tell all of you how sorry you are at your job.... Give me a break folks a real fan admits we got beat by a better USC team Saturday night. Real teammates and fans don't point fingers at everbody ,,,instead they do what they can do pick them up... Thank goodness some of you don't coach and play or we would be in REAL trouble....Go tigers!!!!

Nov 28, 2011, 5:00 PM

I tell you what, you can come to my job and tell me how I am doing. If I am not performing like I should, then you can fire me without any questions asked. If I consistently give sub-par performances year in and year out, you can let me go. If I digress on my job over the course of the year and am not meeting quotas, sales, whatever the measure might be, you can let me go. If I have all the talent in the world but don't know what to do with it, you can let me go. I am not saying the coaches aren't trying, but they sure are getting worked over the last half of the year. They seem to be out of their league. There is too much youth on the coaching staff to turn it around, and we have seen that the last 4 games.

And for the record, I haven't called for anyone to be fired after this year or over the course of this year (well, other than Joey Batson). Also, USC isn't 21 points better than us for sure. I would call that game a toss-up. Last year? Yes. This year? He!! no.

Nov 28, 2011, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Re: seems like we've been stuck on that page for a few games... ]

well said....except steele needs to work on his option defense.

Prediction: Steele will say he will fix the tackling issues***

Nov 28, 2011, 1:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

and that we are not playing with our eyes***

Nov 28, 2011, 1:24 PM

nm

and that we need to be aggressive and not reacting***

Nov 28, 2011, 1:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Assignment and alignment. 8 guys played GREAT, 3 of

Nov 28, 2011, 1:32 PM

them didn't. I'm not naming any names because I am angry. We'll get it fixed.

He's full of rhetoric.

Re: Assignment and alignment. 8 guys played GREAT, 3 of

Nov 28, 2011, 5:02 PM

And, "we played great for 42 plays or so, but those 6 that they scored on, well, dang that killed us. We will get it fixed though. We are only a couple of plays away...."

we've needed to turn the page since the NC game***

Nov 28, 2011, 1:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MR. "The Chad:...We are Averaging 17 PPG in the last 4 games

Nov 28, 2011, 1:26 PM

That just isn't going to cut it....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

I don't want to pick apart what he said

Nov 28, 2011, 1:49 PM

but I beg to differ with "they were prepared and they were ready to go". Maybe that's the problem.

Absolutely right

Nov 28, 2011, 4:00 PM

If that was prepared and ready to go, then they are in serious doodoo. That was a clusterf@#k the other night.

need to turn a contract page to the part that gets us

Nov 28, 2011, 2:35 PM

some coaches that have a clue!!

Guess what Chad!! (Dabo too!) Seems everybody (but you two) has seen we've had problems since the Ga Tech game!! As well as indications before that!

Turn the page indeed. Get a freakin' CLUE!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Maybe they do see we have problems and they are obviously

Nov 28, 2011, 2:43 PM

ones that cannot be corrected overnight. You seem to think they are just sitting on their hands and not working to correct them?

This is obviously a bigger deal then we all thought.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

NO, this is a big deal and

Nov 28, 2011, 3:23 PM

we could see it coming. As long as the line held up or the defense let Tajh throw, all was well. But we could see this coming earlier in the year. We have been fortunate to win some of those 8 games prior to Ga Tech. Fortune is a fickle lady and eventually it catches up to us.

The coaches are not stupid, they know what problems we have and talent is the only way to fix it combined with good coaching (coaching up) of the players. This is the manifestation of that poor recruiting class when Dabo took over. It has caught up to us. It will take a year or two more to catch up.

I am more concerned about the energy that I have not seen since VT. USuC was ready to play and played with intensity. We looked dull and slow and dazed. That's about all the coaches can correct in a week.

Re: Front Page Story: Morris says Tigers need to turn the page

Nov 28, 2011, 2:36 PM

How about starting the new page by telling the players on both offense and defense to stop showboating after a single good play when you are behind by >10 points!

Let skip to the last chapter and get this dismal season over***

Nov 28, 2011, 2:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let skip to the last chapter and get this dismal season over***

Nov 28, 2011, 5:47 PM

Dismal season? You're flippin' idiot!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As bad as we have played the last few games

Nov 28, 2011, 6:36 PM [ in reply to Let skip to the last chapter and get this dismal season over*** ]

we still have a chance to win the ACC and go to a BCS bowl, and win more games than we have in a while. I was as mad as anybody saturday night, but now that I've had a couple days to think about it and look at the big picture this team has had a good year and is young and we have a lot to look forward to.

Re: As bad as we have played the last few games

Nov 28, 2011, 10:49 PM

We're not young...we have four seniors on our offensive line, which seems to be our biggest problem right now. The fact that younger guys aren't playing tells me that they aren't better than the ones that can't it done in front of them. What makes you think that we're going to have a better offensive line next year starting inexperienced underclassmen that couldn't beat out the pitiful starters?

MT

Nov 28, 2011, 4:45 PM

He is the one holding the book

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: seems like we've been stuck on that page for a few games...

Nov 28, 2011, 4:57 PM

Im all for this if im making gobs of money to lead a group of qualified individuals to success. Fact is they make the money to win and if you arent winning its part of the job to take criticism.
On the offense i do not understand why chad has become so much more pass happy. He hasnt run many jet sweeps, gone undercenter to get the short yards, used the diamond backfield formation as much as he has when clemson won 8 games. Get back to what was working it almost felt like the last few weeks when clemson got down chad was looking for the.big play in a desperate way. Im guessing he doesnt have faith in the ol to help the run game. I think morris will get the offense straightened up. As for coach steele im no longer on his side and i believe clemson screwed up when they let chris rumph leave last yeae.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Re: seems like we've been stuck on that page for a few games...

Nov 28, 2011, 4:59 PM

Im all for this if im making gobs of money to lead a group of qualified individuals to success. Fact is they make the money to win and if you arent winning its part of the job to take criticism.
On the offense i do not understand why chad has become so much more pass happy. He hasnt run many jet sweeps, gone undercenter to get the short yards, used the diamond backfield formation as much as he has when clemson won 8 games. Get back to what was working it almost felt like the last few weeks when clemson got down chad was looking for the.big play in a desperate way. Im guessing he doesnt have faith in the ol to help the run game. I think morris will get the offense straightened up. As for coach steele im no longer on his side and i believe clemson screwed up when they let chris rumph leave last yeae.

null

Nov 28, 2011, 6:41 PM

Has anyone asked him why he won't run the #### ball? Ellington looked good Saturday and we don't give him a chance?
Or how about keep someone in to help the line block? It was obvious they can't protect.

Bob Seger said that years ago.***

Nov 28, 2011, 7:40 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Strength and Conditioning coach HAS to go

Nov 28, 2011, 10:00 PM

PERIOD. Hes been here 15 years and its been total weakness since. I tend to remember Morris saying we werent Physical,, That relates to Strength and Also conditioning. Were getting manhandled by the likes of Wake Forest and Nc State. That my friend wont cut it

i've been turning pages since the GT game, same story***

Nov 28, 2011, 11:23 PM

Nov 29, 2011, 7:48 AM

How about sitting Boyd for a series or two during the game?? Can it get any worse than seeing him look like KP did last year 4 games in a row? Had we let Boyd play when we stunk it up last year maybe he would have his "experience".

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic