Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Clemson vs South Carolina prediction
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Clemson vs South Carolina prediction

Nov 25, 2011, 2:26 PM

Clemson vs South Carolina prediction

It’s good old fashioned Rivalry Week in college football, and for us here in South Carolina, that means it is Clemson vs. South Carolina. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Clemson vs South Carolina prediction

Nov 25, 2011, 2:36 PM

I got a great laugh from the comment about 9 fat guys a monkey and a cardboard cutout of Levon Kirkland.

Yea right, we're going to score 31 on S. Carolina's defense****

Nov 25, 2011, 2:40 PM

Re: Yea right, we're going to score 31 on S. Carolina's defense****

Nov 25, 2011, 2:41 PM

please tell me more about this great coot d that georgia and arky carved up. please

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the coot troll was just stating that his coot

Nov 25, 2011, 2:46 PM

offense would be unable to play Saturday against the coot defense, so his offense has no possible way of scoring 31.

Guy's a troll.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Nov 25, 2011, 6:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Yea right, we're going to score 31 on S. Carolina's defense**** ]

I don't think they're defense is amazing, but they do have a great defensive line. We racked up a grand total of 13 points against NC State last week, 7 of which were well after the game was decided.

There is absolutely no reason to think we're gonna drop 31+ on Carolina tomorrow. Do I hope it? Of course. But our offense looked really bleak last week...

...of course we were without Sammy, whose importance cannot be overstated. Still, we should have been able to run NC State with our second stringers. I just really, really hope they come out and play sound football tomorrow. If we play sound football, we will be able to do whatever we want on Carolina. However we haven't seen that offense in a long time.

Nov 25, 2011, 10:37 PM

Good points, and you are right. I suspect there has been a meeting of the minds this week. A little gut check that asks the question, "Are we going to play like we know how, or are we going to look like we did last week or the 2 games before that"? I believe our coaches, our Seniors, and our team answers the question the way we want. Go Tigers!!! This is a statement game. Take charge!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2011, 7:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Yea right, we're going to score 31 on S. Carolina's defense**** ]

Might want to read the boxscore.

Nov 25, 2011, 10:32 PM [ in reply to Yea right, we're going to score 31 on S. Carolina's defense**** ]

I would not be at all surprised if we score 31 on them. We must play like we did agaisnt Auburn, FSU and VT, and UNC though. If we play like we did last week, it won't happen. Which team shows up? We will find out in about 20 hours. I believe it will be the one Clemson has been waiting 3 weeks to see. Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I predict that

Nov 25, 2011, 5:49 PM

the Clemson SC game next year will, for the first time in 30+ years, have national championship implications. For obvious reasons that need not be repeated, this season has really been a bonus for tiger nation.
Last weeks game should serve notice to our young team the kind of effort that is needed to win when there is a target on your back. Win or loose doesn't matter I just want this team to show up and compete tomorrow night. Next year is a different story all together- We should expect this team to win every game. But for now all I wish for is that every tiger leave it all on the field tomorrow night.

Re: I predict that

Nov 25, 2011, 7:28 PM

Going to be hard to expect this team to win every game next year when we are losing (I think) 4 of the top 6 offensive linemen.

We are set at the skill positions but OL will be a work in progress in 2012 and the defense is a concern as well.

Re: I predict that

Nov 25, 2011, 10:38 PM [ in reply to I predict that ]

Tiger, always, should be capitalized!

We win...

Nov 25, 2011, 8:12 PM

by 20. Oh yea of little faith.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice Article! Man I am jacked up!

Nov 25, 2011, 8:43 PM

Come on Tigers! Lets restore order to the universe and beat the sorry old mullet having, sort wearing, trash talking chickens!!!

jort weairing.***

Nov 25, 2011, 8:44 PM

stupid phone! I give up!***

Nov 25, 2011, 8:45 PM

30? Are you serious? With USuC's O? NOT!!***

Nov 25, 2011, 9:09 PM

Re: 30? Are you serious? With USuC's O? NOT!!***

Nov 25, 2011, 9:27 PM

Agree! If we score 30, we win by 2 TDs

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really? How? The Clemson D is absolutely terrible

Nov 26, 2011, 11:11 AM

Shaw, Wilds, and Jeffrey will have a field day against that group of pathetic losers.

Re: Really? How? The Clemson D is absolutely terrible

Nov 26, 2011, 11:29 AM

agree that our DEf has played just awful but maybe they have another V/t effort in them for today

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, let's have a look at some numbers, shall we?

Nov 25, 2011, 10:12 PM [ in reply to 30? Are you serious? With USuC's O? NOT!!*** ]

From my viewpoint, it seems like seems like we generally give a team their average in points per game (and lately, we do much worse):

We gave up 30 points to Florida State, who averages 32 points per game.

We gave up 24 points to Auburn, who averages 25.2 points per game.

We gave up 28 points to Wake Forest, who averages 28.5 points per game.

These are all pretty much dead-on.

We won these battles: We held Troy to 4.7 points below their average, and Wofford to 6.4 points below their average. <--(Way to go, tigers!) We held BC to 3.6 points below their average, and GT to 5.5 points below theirs in a losing effort. By some miracle, we held VTech to 26.4 points below their average.

Now for the ugly (and recent):

We gave up 45 points to Maryland, who only averages 21.5 points per game.

We gave up 38 points to North Carolina, who only averages 27.5 points per game.

We gave up 37 points to NC State, who only averages 25.5 points per game.

Sadly, this is the recent trend. Now for the point of all this:

South Carolina averages 29.7 points per game. Does it seem unreasonable that they score 30 against us?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson 30 South Carolina 27 ---- Rock on Tigers!***

Nov 25, 2011, 9:50 PM

Re: Front Page Story: Clemson vs South Carolina prediction

Nov 25, 2011, 10:45 PM

Have a laugh at the Gamecocks. http://collegefootballpete.blogspot.com/2011/09/south-carolina-gamecocks.html

Transparent excuse for avoiding the usual prediction format.***

Nov 26, 2011, 1:00 AM

It's not exactly Clemson against the world today...

Nov 26, 2011, 11:43 AM

2 of the 3 predictions on College Gameday predicted Clemson to win.

3 of the 7 "experts" on CBS Sports predicted Clemson to win.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic