Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Walker realizes now is the time to be a leader
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Walker realizes now is the time to be a leader

Nov 20, 2011, 10:24 AM

Walker realizes now is the time to be a leader

Right tackle Landon Walker said Saturday night that he and the rest of the leaders on Clemson's team face their sternest test to date. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Leaders don't call the team that just

Nov 20, 2011, 10:25 AM

beat you into submission "inferior".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How bout man up and hit somebody!***

Nov 20, 2011, 12:57 PM

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He can start by throwing a block on somebody.***

Nov 20, 2011, 10:25 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thinking of another team as "inferior" = how you lose games.

Nov 20, 2011, 10:27 AM

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

"If you don't like Clemson, something is wrong with YOU." -Dabo Swinney

Have seen way too much talking from the OLine this year

Nov 20, 2011, 10:32 AM

We need to have an OLine that is mean enough the media doesn't want to talk to them.

Less talk, more blocking!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Have seen way too much talking from the OLine this year

Nov 20, 2011, 11:06 AM

Sorry that it took 50+ games into his career to see what was happening. Impossible to coach linemen to be mean and tough. You recruit them.

correct***

Nov 20, 2011, 1:07 PM

Too late by about a week. And I agree with another poster,

Nov 20, 2011, 10:37 AM

just block somebody.

Re: Too late by about a week. And I agree with another poster,

Nov 20, 2011, 12:37 PM

If you don't know who to block hit someone!! When 5 "d" players are in the backfield.....that usually a good indication the entire line.... whiffed their blocks!

Re: Too late by about a week. And I agree with another poster,

Nov 21, 2011, 4:29 PM [ in reply to Too late by about a week. And I agree with another poster, ]

I'll take some holding calls, at least we will know the OL is getting their hands on the D

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Pack was preseason 2nd, with a projected 10-2

Nov 20, 2011, 11:12 AM

finish. Talent wise they are not "inferior". Knowing that we approached the game with that attitude, it is not surprising they got it handed to them.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Preseason projections mean ####.

Nov 20, 2011, 3:27 PM

NC State got shutout by the FSU team that we beat, got BLOWN out by Cincinnati, and LOST to BOSTON COLLEGE.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My point was we should not have taken them lightly,

Nov 20, 2011, 5:31 PM

which clearly our players did. Not sure what your point is.

Re: Front Page Story: Walker realizes now is the time to be a leader

Nov 20, 2011, 11:28 AM

Sorry, but the time to be a leader was three weeks ago when the Yellow Jackets were knocking you around.

Yep. This line couldn't block a strong wind.***

Nov 20, 2011, 1:54 PM

That idea should've popped in his mind last spring.***

Nov 20, 2011, 11:32 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is it just me or does anyone else want to throw up after

Nov 20, 2011, 1:26 PM

hearing all of this meaningless talk from coaches and players?

A little late in the year for a Senior to start leading***

Nov 20, 2011, 5:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Not trying to be hard on the kids, but can

Nov 20, 2011, 5:10 PM

we just not post anymore O-line articles until they have proven something? Every season we hear this same stuff from them about how "tough and nasty we are". But they aren't and haven't been in a very long time. I'm just tired of hearing that talk every year while we consistently can't pick up 2 yards when we need it.

They were supposed to be the strength of this team, but our rushing numbers have been underwhelming. Why wouldn't teams drop into coverage like they have been if we can't get 4-5 yars consistently on a 4 man front.

Re: Not trying to be hard on the kids, but can

Nov 20, 2011, 9:52 PM

I know everyone wants to hang all this on the coaches, but his comments show where the problem lies. No matter how good the coaches do, the players have to have that beat the world attitude. When you think all you have to do is show up and win, this is what happens. And yes a lot of this falls on the seniors,especially with so many freshmen and sophmores. They dropped the ball. Saw it happen several times when I was a football manager, the most painful was the 1965 game against the coots wwhen the seniors just didn't care. And we lost at home.

If there is a player on our Clemson Tiger team

Nov 21, 2011, 9:48 AM

that doesn't care, they need to be released from their scholly today. Every game counts, every game has to be played as if it were the last time you would step on the field! What I have seen the past 3 games is the same as we had under Bowden. The mental toughness to play each down with the same high intensity and focus is hit and miss. This is what separates great teams from mediocre teams.

Dabo wants them to play like champions just like us fans do but somehow the mental/emotional part of the game is lacking. Not saying I know how to correct it! If I did, I would be making 2 Million a year.

We still cannot deal with adversity.

Go Tigers and somehow find a way to beat USuC!!

NOW is the time to be a leader???

Nov 20, 2011, 10:03 PM

Are you serious? NOW is the time to be a leader? we're 11 games in and NOW u wanna be a leader? That should've been the case after the first two games when our O-Line was looking very suspect. We have, statistically, one of the biggest (weight/height-wise) O-Lines in the country and one of the more veteran groups and if I'm not mistaken, an offensive lineman LOVES to do more run blocking schemes because they get to plow the DL to the ground but we can barely even do pass protection. WE ARE SOFT!!! I gave them the benefit of a doubt but honestly I can't defend my team if they arent putting any effort in this. In order to even be in close competition against USuCk we absolutely have to be more physical because USuCk's DL isn't gonna let up for anything. Clemson needs to get to a "nasty" mentality...quick!!! I believe in my squad, we just need to get NASTY, i mean like straight up MEAN. Until then, we'll continue to be mediocre...like typical Clemson football. I'm tired of it, let's change this thing.

GO TIGERS

Re: NOW is the time to be a leader???

Nov 20, 2011, 10:36 PM

Wait till next year when mostly newbies will be on the "O-line".....will that be the excuse next year & are we recruiting some mean guys for the O-line or more excuse-me I didn't mean to hit hit you too hard players?

Try to win? “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Nov 21, 2011, 9:37 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NOW is the time to lead?***

Nov 21, 2011, 11:16 AM

We've heard this all year after every game, it's hasn't

Nov 21, 2011, 11:19 AM

gotten any better

I can't say it's the coach because it was the same way the last several years,

it has to be the talent on the OL. everyone can run the ball and run it at times with power, NOT Clemson

I don't see them getting any better in a week

Wake seems to be able to run the ball, and I can say in

Nov 21, 2011, 4:20 PM

their case....it's definitively coaching.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

WOW...only takes the last game in the regular season to

Nov 21, 2011, 6:23 PM

figure it out.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic