Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Embarrassing loss to Pack leaves Tigers with soul-searching to do
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Embarrassing loss to Pack leaves Tigers with soul-searching to do

Nov 19, 2011, 8:59 PM

Embarrassing loss to Pack leaves Tigers with soul-searching to do

The North Carolina St. Wolfpack defeated the Tigers 37-13 in a game in which Clemson looked overmatched, out-motivated and out-gunned for most of the game. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for keeping it real, David.

Nov 19, 2011, 9:06 PM

This team needs to wake up.

so players were giggling at the thought of playing..

Nov 19, 2011, 9:10 PM

NC state.yet dabo says they are focused.which is it

Players were smiling joking and giggling during the game on

Nov 19, 2011, 9:13 PM

Bench - it was a bit surprising while they were getting their a$$ handed to them.

And BF just called them out.***

Nov 19, 2011, 9:14 PM

That is exactly what I wanted to hear

Nov 19, 2011, 9:22 PM

no excuses and just quit with all the smiling and laughing on the sideline when getting drilled. That is what got me mad is seeing alot of players including Brandon Thomas over there laughing as if he needs to be laughing after that kind of play out of him. This is exactly what this team needed, a good ole butt whipping before our rival comes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly what this team needed.

Nov 19, 2011, 10:33 PM

At this point I am starting to think Dabo is some sort of chessmaster genius that planned this loss just to get our team motivated for USC.

That would make more since if....

Nov 19, 2011, 11:39 PM

we hadn't looked bad in the last 3 games. We were blown out by Ga Tech and NC State and we barely beat Wake with a last second FG. The Ga Tech loss was supposed to motivate them for the rest of the season. It doesn't seem to have worked.

Re: Front Page Story: Embarrassing loss to Pack leaves Tigers with soul-searching to do

Nov 19, 2011, 9:26 PM

I don't normally bash my tigers, but Landon Walker needs to think before he says something like what he said. We were by far the inferior team on that field today, especially the offensive line. Should we have been the better team, yes, but the proof in in the pudding as the old saying goes. We were out-played, out-hustled, out-hearted (if that's a word).

Re: Front Page Story: Embarrassing loss to Pack leaves Tigers with soul-searching to do

Nov 19, 2011, 9:47 PM

I said this on another post and apologize for being redundant, but the last three games have really shown the inexperience of Dabo and Morris. I didn't group Steele in there because quite frankly, I think he is horrible. But Dabo and Morris are not horrible, just inexperienced. The last three games we came up against experienced coaches who really did their homework. The next two games we will face Spurrier and potentially Beamer. These coaches have experience on top of experience and that is worrisome to me. I think our coaches will mature with this young team and we will be fine, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't frustrated with them right now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^This***

Nov 19, 2011, 10:21 PM

Problem is still just turnovers and today no blocking

Nov 19, 2011, 11:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Embarrassing loss to Pack leaves Tigers with soul-searching to do ]

I worry what SC's front four will do to our O-line, especially if Price isn't back. We're easy to beat now. Just rush four and drop everyone else back. Everyone is double covered, and we can't run for anything. If we do, it's 50/50 that it will be a fumble. If we pass, it's 50/50 it will be intercepted into double and triple coverage. All starts with the O-line. Football hasn't changed that much.

^^^ THIS ^^^

Nov 19, 2011, 11:45 PM

haven't been able to run block all year, without Price they can't hold the pocket on either side to pass.
It's not schemes or 1-game outcoaching, either. It is something we do, or don't do, week-in week-out during the season that keeps individual players from improving. Some say practices are too soft, not enough 1-vs-1, others blame position coaches, but something is broken Mon-Fri during the season. It really doesn't look like the off-season conditioning helps, either.

I am seeing the opposite of last year's basketball team, a group that regresses during the year. It's not x's and o's, its how you practice.

Ding ding ding!!! Why do you think we were so

Nov 20, 2011, 2:20 AM [ in reply to Problem is still just turnovers and today no blocking ]

successful in the 80's and early 90's? Excellent play on the line of scrimmage. Somewhere, we lost sight of that and we're still paying the price 20 years later. Get all the skill players you want Dabo. We won't win an ACC championship or a NC until we get a dominant line of scrimmage!!

no one's asking for dominant? How about simply adequate?

Nov 20, 2011, 10:14 AM

mind-boggling how four or five graduate students/seniors can't block up the middle against much smaller fronts.

Soul searching? H-ELL, more like blocking & tackling to me***

Nov 19, 2011, 11:49 PM

PLEASE find it before next weekend.***

Nov 20, 2011, 12:33 AM

quit giving the ball to number 5 too! He sux***

Nov 20, 2011, 7:36 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: quit giving the ball to number 5 too! He sux***

Nov 20, 2011, 9:51 AM

You're absolutely right. He should have been benched for the rest of the season after putting the ball on the ground the second time. DABO, Dabo should stop letting players threating to transfer if they don't play. The moment M. Bellamy started his BS before, the side lines would have been his position for the rest of the season. All of us has seen that Mike isn't close to being mature enough to play at college level yet. Chances are very slim that you have a true fresh like Sammy to come along and be a starter. Mike isn't any where close to that. And he should have started on the PINE....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: quit giving the ball to number 5 too! He sux***

Nov 20, 2011, 1:13 PM

He shouldn't be on the pine. He shouldn't even be in the locker room! He would never see the field for me until he learns to hang on to the ball!

Nov 20, 2011, 1:31 PM

Really hurts seeing VT at #4 this week. That could of and should of been us. But "Clemson has nothing to play for" seemed to be a common theme on TV. They sure played like it. It was a lack of heart, and soft play. Shame Shame for letting down at the wrong time.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2011, 2:55 PM

We lost. Insert what Corso said. Beat Carolina.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic