Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I certainly hope the players and coaches read this board
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 4,693

I certainly hope the players and coaches read this board

Oct 25, 2011, 7:28 PM

because i want to thank them.

My niece was diagnosed with cancer when she was 14. I had always tried to get her to a Clemson game but for the last 2 years she has been in and out of hospitals and in between various treatments. I got lucky when she was starting a new treatment plan and got to get her to SC for the UNC game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfNh2LSCNP0
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pray-4-Tay/189914446250

She flew in Wednesday evening.

I contacted the athletic department and Coach Swinney graciously offered to take a few minutes out of his busy schedule to meet her on Thursday.

She was completely caught off guard and didn't know what had was happening until she was standing face to face with coach. He said a prayer for her, took some pictures, and gave her an autographed "Fight Light A Tiger" Tshirt.

Next we showed up early to tailgate. In spite of being a noon game i was determined to show her what tailgating at Clemson was all about.

Next we headed to the game to cheer on our tigers.

After the game we managed to run into a couple players who took a minute to take pictures.

When we got back to the tailgate she played with her cousins for awhile while i caught the end of the end of the FSU game.

The weather was perfect and i could not ask for a better day. I want to thank Coach, the players, and Clemson Nation for helping me show my niece what college football is all about and making her 1st Clemson game a truly special one. I think she took a little piece of what's in these hills back with her and god willing will come back for more.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

And THIS

Oct 25, 2011, 7:35 PM

is the kind of program Dabo Swinney is building at Clemson.

I can't say enough about the character of the young men and coaches we watch on gameday.

This is the spirit which represents Clemson.

What a blessing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're a fantastic Uncle for arranging this ! Good job !***

Oct 25, 2011, 7:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i just facebook msgd tajh & chandler and linked them to this

Oct 25, 2011, 7:49 PM

and told them to show coach too. Hopefully the message will be received

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was nice of you to do that.***

Oct 25, 2011, 7:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thanks***

Oct 25, 2011, 7:51 PM [ in reply to i just facebook msgd tajh & chandler and linked them to this ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I certainly hope the players and coaches read this board

Oct 25, 2011, 7:52 PM

Great story, hope your niece continues to do well!

Re: Dayum!! My eyes are leaking!!

Oct 25, 2011, 7:52 PM

Prayers for her!!

Re: Dayum!! My eyes are leaking!! (MINE TOO)

Oct 25, 2011, 7:54 PM

Go TIGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dayum!! My eyes are leaking!!

Oct 26, 2011, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Dayum!! My eyes are leaking!! ]

Mine too. And prayers for you all.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

make a grown man cry y dont you....

Oct 25, 2011, 7:56 PM

glad she could make the trip..hope every thing goes well for her..will keep her in my prayers

Typing this through misty eyes...

Oct 25, 2011, 7:57 PM

I couldn't be prouder of my coach and my team. Good luck to your niece.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Oct 25, 2011, 8:06 PM

God bless your niece, you and your family. I was diagnosed with stage 4b lung cancer in December of 2005. The doctors gave me six months without treatment - one year to 18 months with it. I didn't beat cancer as some say they did. I was blessed and have our Tigers recover also. May God bless your niece. My prayers will be with her.

And you are a wonderful Uncle for making all of that happen

Oct 25, 2011, 8:19 PM

You created memories any niece would love. Kudos to the Clemson coaches, players and fans for helping you make it all happen.

great story...thanks for sharing!

Oct 25, 2011, 8:24 PM

i'll definitely keep her in my prayers....tell her to "fight like hell ######, and win!"

God Bless

Oct 25, 2011, 8:34 PM

I would personally like to thank you for taking the time to give your Niece the gift of Love this past weekend. It warms the heart to hear of great acts of kindness, even when there is such sorrow behind the story.

And a special thanks to Coach Swinney and the team for realizing what is truly important in life.

Thanks for being the man you are Coach Swinney. We are so proud to have you at Clemson.

Oct 25, 2011, 8:35 PM

And might I add that I will be praying for Tay.

Reason #473 why I LOVE Clemson University! God bless y'all!***

Oct 25, 2011, 8:35 PM

Wow - she's got a pretty cool uncle.

Oct 25, 2011, 8:42 PM

Thoughts and prayers to her and all of her family. She is a real trooper and I know that was a tremendous experience for her! Unbelievable how Dabo took time for her; and kudos to the players.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

THIS is why we love Clemson . . .

Oct 25, 2011, 8:50 PM

winning just makes it more fun.

One word to describe this....CLASS! *******

Oct 25, 2011, 9:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, we are so fortunate to have.....

Oct 25, 2011, 9:02 PM

....true men of integrity leading our program. Dabo and so many of our players and coaches live out their faith every day and make a difference. I dare say very few other schools can say their head coaches are humble enough to reach out and do some of the things Dabo does.... just to simply be a blessing to others.

Proof positive Clemson is different from the rest.

God Bless you, Taylor & family.... and all of the other brave souls young and old fighting this cruel disease.

Thanks for sharing this story & awesome video.... keep up the HOPE!!!

Oct 25, 2011, 9:17 PM

Thanks for sharing and God bless our coaches and players. This is part of the reason we all love Clemson. Good luck to your niece and I hope she gets to attend more games.

Class program, coahes, players, fans, and university...CU

Oct 25, 2011, 9:31 PM

family. Thanks you for sharing with us.

Oct 25, 2011, 9:37 PM

What a great story this is. Glad your niece enjoyed Clemson. Great class by tiger fans, the coaches, and the players!!!!

Thanks for sharing your experience and I can just imagine

Oct 25, 2011, 10:03 PM

what a thrill it was for your niece. Will keep her in my prayers for healing.

Three words - Thank You Jesus

Oct 26, 2011, 7:43 AM

for blessing us with coaches and players that KNOW who you are and are ALL IN with you. They are not scared or too politically correct to give you all the glory. You are the reason that the Clemson University football program exhibits "class"; without you none of this happens.

Jeremiah 29:11 tells us that you have great plans for us and that includes this young lady that is going through the sufferings of cancer. And I know You WILL heal her Father. Comfort her and her family through this trial and bless them the way only You can!

Way to go Uncle- I know it must have been a GREAT day! I love this place and I love the Tigers and who they represent. Go God and Go Tigers! Wreck Tech!!!

If Dabo posted on this board, some idiot here would end

Oct 26, 2011, 12:05 PM

up calling him a coot.

No, they wouldn't. Dabo would be positive and not say

Oct 26, 2011, 12:07 PM

stupid things.

You're a good man GeeVille Tiger!***

Oct 26, 2011, 12:09 PM

Excellent, moving story. Many of us take the small things

Oct 26, 2011, 3:13 PM

for granted in life.

The way Dabo handles himself in this community and giving his time for things like this is what makes this place so special.

Stories like this goes to show that it really isn't all about who wins the game, even though I want to win every one of them, but that there are more important things in life.

I'll send prayers upstairs for your niece, hope all is well.

great job uncle***

Oct 26, 2011, 3:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2011, 10:58 PM

What a great story!!! You are quite a man to do this.

Oct 26, 2011, 11:11 PM

WOW!
Praise the Lord!!!

Blessings to Tay and to her awesome Uncle GeeVille!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Oct 26, 2011, 11:59 PM

Man thats about the best thing ive heard in a long long time.. Makes me thankful to be a part of a hugeeeee family that is CLEMSON my prayers are with her

Replies: 34
| visibility 4,693
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic