Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Clemson vs Virginia Tech prediction
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Clemson vs Virginia Tech prediction

Sep 30, 2011, 3:28 PM

Clemson vs Virginia Tech prediction

Sammy Watkins and the Tigers take their show on the road to Virginia Tech this week. Lane Stadium has been a house of horrors for the Tigers, but is this team different? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Clemson vs Virginia Tech prediction

Sep 30, 2011, 4:04 PM

God...I remember that 2000 GT game that lose ripped out my heart and the following week was even worse

Oct 1, 2011, 10:05 AM

The past is irrelevant to this team. New coach,new scheme,new staff,new players, new mentality/attitude.
The Chads offense will impose it's will on VTs defense and VTs offense is pedestrian. CU by 2 scores!

Article brings back some bad memories which I hope will be

Sep 30, 2011, 4:05 PM

erased tomorrow.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

ENTER SANDMAN

Oct 1, 2011, 2:58 AM

I HOPE TO GOD THAT CLEMSON USES IT TO THEIR ADVANTAGE AND GETS EXTRA FIRED UP LISTENING TO IT THEMSELVES. INSTEAD OF INTIMIDATION ALL IT WILL DO IS GET US EVEN MORE PUMPED UP. LET THE "SHOCK THE WORLD" TOUR CONTINUE!!!!!!!!!!

stoopid computer***

Sep 30, 2011, 4:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: stoopid computer***

Sep 30, 2011, 7:21 PM

I bet their computer has never saw Clemson or VT play in one game. And I would bet the farm that, their computer has never even seen nor owned a football. The only thing that computer knows about Clemson and the VT hookers, I mean hookies Hokies. Is what someone else has typed in it. This is why we still play the games. GOOOOOOO TIGERSSSS!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter what happens Saturday.....

Sep 30, 2011, 4:20 PM

it's important to remember that if we win, it's just one win and many more are needed to clinch a spot in the ACCCG. If we lose, it's just one loss and there are many opportunities to win and still clinch a spot in the ACCCG, although the margin for error gets smaller.

What has killed us on previous occasions has been the games after these big losses. The big loss in 2006 was not really the Va. Tech loss, but the "13-12" Maryland loss that followed that game. We would have still won the division that year with a win over Maryland, as we would have had the tiebreaker over Wake (who went to the championship game that year).
Even the GT game of 2000 was followed by a drubbing by FSU that was embarassing. The loss at Auburn last season was followed by back to back losses to Miami and UNC.

The team will need to stay focused on the bigger goal no matter what happens this Saturday. I think we're due for a win there. Go Tigers.

But why think small? Yeah if we lose we are still in the

Sep 30, 2011, 4:41 PM

ACC Championship race. That's great, but why settle for just thinking ACC Championship. The goal is to be the National Champion.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The same approach applies.....

Sep 30, 2011, 5:09 PM

to the national championship picture. Don't get too full of yourself if you win, there's more work to do. If you lose, there is still a championship to play for and you have to get back up off the mat and play for it. Our track record shows that we have had "hangovers" to some losses in previous years, which is why no matter what happens, the team can't let it affect the next game.

Re: The same approach applies.....

Sep 30, 2011, 7:47 PM

I really don't think this (Chad Morris) team will let a loss ruin everything for them. These guys believe in them selves and in what Morris is teaching them. This is a total different team of the heart break teams. Just sayin!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One game at a time guys

Sep 30, 2011, 5:11 PM [ in reply to But why think small? Yeah if we lose we are still in the ]

In order to look ahead at the next opponent, you have to get through VT first. I've noticed not so many interviews this week with players and coaches, so it appears that they are keeping the focus and staying hungry.

GO TIGERS!! Travel safe, and give 'em hell tommorrow!!

So how many of you skip the end for the prediction first?

Sep 30, 2011, 6:01 PM

I do! Then I read the article.

I think we have a great shot and will score more than 27. I think it'll be in the 30s again. I'd even say a two score win.

Re: So how many of you skip the end for the prediction first?

Sep 30, 2011, 7:57 PM

I'm with ya on the score. And I'm also wondering where all the points that are being predicted that VT is supose to score coming from. No passing with all their recievers healthy. So how are they going to score all these predicte points with just a running game. Our D may not be what it was last year but, they are not going to sit back and let a team run the score to 30 or more just through a running game. I just don't see nor believe it. GOOOOOOO TIGERS ! ! ! !

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Sep 30, 2011, 6:41 PM

Love the Boyd quote

Sep 30, 2011, 6:54 PM

VT are just jive turkeys. Go Tigers!!!!!!!!

WAS THERE IN 2006

Sep 30, 2011, 7:12 PM

Was there at Lane Stadium that night for that let down by our higher ranked tigers. I hope that if and when they punch us in mouth we dont just give up like it seemed 06 team did. I think this team is more determined and focused and will respond in positive way to what ever VA Tech dishes out.

Re: WAS THERE IN 2006

Sep 30, 2011, 8:02 PM

I don't think it would be a good idea for VT to punch to hard. I don't think they want to be pissing our guys off from dirty play in mouth punching.

how good has Rev been so far?

Sep 30, 2011, 8:22 PM

all his predictions are really close. props to you sir.

Re: how good has Rev been so far?

Oct 1, 2011, 10:09 AM

I noticed the same thing. He has been almost on the money, so I see no reason not to trust him now. Go Tigers!!! Carve up those turkeys.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2011, 10:01 PM

I have been a Clemson fan for over 20 years now and to be honest i have been scared to death these past couple of games and this one coming up too. I was there at the 2000 GT loss we were rated 3rd in the country before that game and it was really a heart breaker. I also went to the 06 VT game which was just an embarrassment to say the least. But this team feels different from those in the past, I dont know what it is but there is something special about these guys...Theres more talent on this team than we have had in the past theres not just 1 or 2 playmakers theres 6...So with that being said give em **** Tigers!!!

35-14 good guys***

Sep 30, 2011, 10:09 PM

FWIW ESPN Picks: CU: Herbie & May. VT: Corso, Des, & Holtz***

Oct 1, 2011, 11:14 AM

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic