Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Q&A with Urban Meyer on Clemson-Auburn
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Q&A with Urban Meyer on Clemson-Auburn

Sep 15, 2011, 7:16 PM

Q&A with Urban Meyer on Clemson-Auburn

Former Florida head coach and current ESPN analyst Urban Meyer was at Clemson’s practice Thursday afternoon, and TigerNet caught up with Meyer to ask him his thoughts on Saturday’s Clemson-Auburn matchup. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We will win tomorrow, why you ask?

Sep 15, 2011, 7:22 PM

I will be wearing my Clemson thong.

so you're a female?***

Sep 15, 2011, 7:25 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I sure hope so***

Sep 15, 2011, 7:43 PM

Re: so you're a female?***

Sep 15, 2011, 9:50 PM [ in reply to so you're a female?*** ]

Or Ghey

lol***

Sep 15, 2011, 9:55 PM

Backwards?***

Sep 15, 2011, 7:45 PM [ in reply to We will win tomorrow, why you ask? ]

Well, if we don't win tomorrow then we have bigger problems.

Sep 15, 2011, 8:08 PM [ in reply to We will win tomorrow, why you ask? ]

Auburn won't be in the Valley until the day after tomorrow

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We definitely won't lose TOMORROW...***

Sep 15, 2011, 9:53 PM [ in reply to We will win tomorrow, why you ask? ]

Rose goes in the front big guy.***

Sep 16, 2011, 9:00 AM [ in reply to We will win tomorrow, why you ask? ]

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: Front Page Story: Q&A with Urban Meyer on Clemson-Auburn

Sep 15, 2011, 7:22 PM

Oh well, I guess it was disappointment for some that Urban didn't say that Dabo should be fired or that he didn't know how to coach.......

Seems like he said........ "they have a great coaching staff....."

Now I hope that will shut some people up...... lol

Sep 15, 2011, 10:20 PM

Dabo is the kind of coach a player will give his every ounce of ability for. We are getting there, one step at a time. Get on board, or get off out of the way. This train is leaving the station.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you read & view the earlier T-Net article & videos?

Sep 15, 2011, 11:43 PM

Dugatiger wrote: Dabo is the kind of coach a player will give his every ounce of ability for.

In the following article/videos, Walker said that it was hard for the players to get up for the first two games. Freeman said the line wasn't buying into the coaches claims that they weren't physical enough.
http://www.tigernet.com/view/story.do?id=9908

You're telling me the same energy exist for Wofford

Sep 16, 2011, 2:48 AM

as Auburn. That's what Walker was referring to.

Now, I know all the old school, hard a$$es are gonna say "it's the coaches job to get them ready....blah, blah, blah". I don't care who the coach is, nobody can make a kid pretend Auburn and Wofford is the same thing.

You simply can't compare big games like Auburn, FSU, Va Tech to perceived tune ups to Troy, Wofford. Not happening.

Why do you think coaches "talk up" teams like Troy and Wofford so much?They could give a rat's butt what the fans care about coaches speak. It's the best way they can keep the attention of the players. They do it in practice all week and if they didn't deliver the same message to the media they would be shooting themselves in the foot.

If anyone doesn't think there's a different energy for a game like Auburn vs Wofford, they need their head examined. Nobody can compare whether the kids play hard for him vs the difference of energy that exist b/n Wofford and Auburn. That's what Walker and Freeman are talking about, getting up for a game like Auburn, well, you don't have to, it's easy to focus on this type of game. Troy, Wofford.....it just doesn't have the same feel to it.

No where did I read that Freeman said the line wasn't buying into the coaches claims that they weren't physical enough. That's a lie, b/c Walker actually says "Obviously, the first two games we were not as physical as we are capable of being". That's a direct quote from the article.

What I did see though.."last year they had guys watching film 24/7 and they took the initiative to study beyond the 20 hours a week they get to spend with the coaches. Where this year, they haven't been doing that. That has nothing to do with Dabo.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're telling me the same energy exist for Wofford

Sep 16, 2011, 9:34 AM

one of the linemen on video stated, in response to the question of ,"morris says he can't add more of the playbook because they are having to spend so much time coaching the physicality" that they didn't believe that etc etc..watch the videos it is there.

Seems that at least 1 lineman believes they are being..

Sep 16, 2011, 10:02 AM

physical enough already. However, from what I've read at least 2 lineman realize they are not.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2011, 11:56 PM [ in reply to You're telling me the same energy exist for Wofford ]

I was reponding to DugaTiger's post above where Duga wrote:
Dabo is the kind of coach a player will give his every ounce of ability for.

Nothing that you wrote above contradicts my answer. In fact, you admit that (contrary to DugaTiger's comment) the players DID NOT give every ounce for Dabo.

I didn't lie. It's in the player interview videos. Maybe you should have watched them before calling me a liar.

Sep 18, 2011, 12:48 AM

Razz, even I can't stretch it so that EVERY player will give all they have to Dabo. He seems to me to be a pretty charismatic kind of guy, but there may be some guys who just don't respond to him. That is their loss, and ours, too, because he is the coach whether they, or you or I like it or not, and after today's performance, I expect there will be more buy in from the players. You may have made your mind up about Dabo, and that's okay with me, but I saw some real progress today. I hope it continues.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is a C&P from the same article you referenced:

Sep 16, 2011, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Did you read & view the earlier T-Net article & videos? ]

Walker admitted this past week that the line hasn’t been as physical as he would like, but sees a different edge this week simply because the competition will be better.

Re: Did you read & view the earlier T-Net article & videos?

Sep 18, 2011, 12:40 AM [ in reply to Did you read & view the earlier T-Net article & videos? ]

I think they are beginning to buy in better. It showed today. We'll hope and we will see what the future holds.

Listen closely. Meyer praised Morris & his staff, not Dabo.

Sep 16, 2011, 12:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Q&A with Urban Meyer on Clemson-Auburn ]

Besides, if you think Meyer would publicly say that a coach stank then you don't watch many interviews.

Ask yourself this... If Urban Meyer were to become the AD for an SEC school, and he made a list of the top 100 head coaching candidates, do you think Dabo would make the list? And if so, where would Dabo rank on that list?

You're depressing..

Sep 16, 2011, 8:01 AM

Enjoy the weekend!

He's the epitome of the broken record. He's beaten the

Sep 16, 2011, 8:27 AM

dead horse so bad, it's a barely perceptible grease spot on the ground.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

I simply made a counterpoint to TracyH79's pro-Dabo pump.

Sep 17, 2011, 12:03 AM

You never complain that people like TracyH79 make the same pro-Dabo points over and over and over. To you that's not beating a dead horse. That's just brilliant commentary.

Re: Listen closely. Meyer praised Morris & his staff, not Dabo.

Sep 18, 2011, 12:53 AM [ in reply to Listen closely. Meyer praised Morris & his staff, not Dabo. ]

It's kind of funny really that you hate Dabo about as much as I couldn't stand Brad Scott. I don't think you can see anything good in Dabo, but there is plenty there, and I imagine you will see Dabo get many offers from other programs as time goes on. You don't have to like him though, but you may be miserable for a long time.

I like Dabo and think he MAY become a good coach SOMEDAY.

Sep 18, 2011, 11:52 PM

I've alwasy said that. I like his energy. He's an amazing recruiter. But he's made a TON of newbie mistakes over the last few years that a good coach wouldn't have made. I'm bummed that Clemson WASTED TWO YEARS putting Dabo through an on-the-job training program. I hope he has learned from his mistakes and has turned into the greatest coach in the history of college football. Starting this year, I hope that he regularly leads Clemson to many years of undefeated national championships until he retires in his 90's as a living legend.

Re: I like Dabo and think he MAY become a good coach SOMEDAY.

Sep 20, 2011, 10:33 PM

Razz, we do agree 100%. I would have liked for us to have hired Urban Meyer or Nick Saban, but get real. TDP nor the University, would ever pony up enough $$$ to hire a real, proven coach. Dabo is about as good as we could have expected, and, as of last weekend, he is more than living up to expectations. I saw some real progress last week, and I believe with Dabo's charisma, we may be on the cusp of something very good. I hope so, anyway. And, we are doing it the right way. it could be much worse. I am very proud of our team.

Sep 15, 2011, 8:30 PM

Thanks for the feedback Urban Meyer. I like what I'm hearing.....I hope that break out game comes Saturday or at least enough of it for the WIN!!! GO TIGERS!!!

Great Job Tnet for getting

Sep 15, 2011, 9:29 PM

a quality interview with someone that is not nor has been affiliated with Clemson. That is great work. When Tnet starts getting more of these type of interviews I will gladly donate to this site. I know that this is a second job for Crump and the guys and I really do appreciate the effort.

Re: Great Job Tnet for getting

Sep 16, 2011, 8:02 AM

thumbs up!

audio added***

Sep 15, 2011, 9:47 PM

Sep 16, 2011, 12:50 AM

Non-committal... we just neeed to perform and Urban will sing our praises. Certain people crying about him being at this game.....I am glad he will be there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Sep 16, 2011, 12:53 AM

I'm stoked for the game on Saturday. We for sure have the talent needed to win. Go Tigers!

Everyone needs to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.
Photobucket

BEST QUOTE EVER

Sep 16, 2011, 5:11 AM

The pieces are in place. One of these days you will wake up and have one of the most powerful offenses in the country.

Same reaction I had when I read that...point 4U

Sep 16, 2011, 7:31 AM

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I read every response as starting, "Ummm"***

Sep 16, 2011, 8:02 AM

How does it differ from Urban's offense? That's Easy!

Sep 16, 2011, 8:19 AM

We don't have Tim Tebow!

But his initials at T.B. HMMMMMMMMMMMM!?!?!?!?!?! ;)***

Sep 16, 2011, 8:36 AM

Water the Point Tree

Re: But his initials at T.B. HMMMMMMMMMMMM!?!?!?!?!?! ;)***

Sep 16, 2011, 9:47 AM

I did not understand the answer he gave to the question about T Boyd. He was asked what he thought about him and all Urban said was he knew him from recruiting days but changed the subject and started talking about other players. What do you read into this? I thought it was strange.He never answered the question.

Would have liked to have heard a Q&A after the game***

Sep 19, 2011, 12:04 AM

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic