Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Clemson knocks off No. 21 Auburn 38-24, ends Auburn's 17-game winning streak
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Clemson knocks off No. 21 Auburn 38-24, ends Auburn's 17-game winning streak

Sep 17, 2011, 5:32 PM

Clemson knocks off No. 21 Auburn 38-24, ends Auburn's 17-game winning streak

The Clemson offense racked up over 600 yards of total offense, converted 14-of-18 third downs and freshman receiver Sammy Watkins had another big game as Clemson defeated Auburn 38-24 in Death Valley Saturday afternoon. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Clemson knocks off No. 21 Auburn 38-24, ends Auburn's 17-game winning streak

Sep 17, 2011, 9:18 PM

The stats are incredible for this game. kudos to the coaches for having the men prepared as well as we have seen in years. 92 offensive plays!!! tim eof possesion is amazing too, especially considering the TOP in the first half was leaning AU's way.
One more thing, where was Ellinton in the second half? Anybody know if he was injured or what??

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bruised thigh I think, rotated in and out a little.***

Sep 17, 2011, 9:19 PM

Re: bruised thigh I think, rotated in and out a little.***

Sep 17, 2011, 9:42 PM

Thanks, I don't remember him at all in the fourth qtr.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey OL

Sep 17, 2011, 9:25 PM

Great job to our Offensive Line. I knew you guys had it. Ya'll owned today. Proud to be a Tiger

Hey Freshmen Players

Sep 17, 2011, 11:28 PM

Wow I know Boyd had a hell of a game today but what impressed me more than words can say is how our Freshmen starters and b/u's practically owned the Defending National Champs wow. I think I am most excited about what this win means for the recruting war versus what it does for the year. If the Freshmen players played like that the next 4 yrs the skies the limit. Start designing those national championship rings within 4 yrs woohoo.

Re: Hey OL

Sep 18, 2011, 12:37 AM [ in reply to Hey OL ]

Dittos!!! This was the best they have performed in many years. If they keep it up, we will have a fine season. Hopefully they now see just what kind of success is there when they do their jobs. Great job!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Clemson knocks off No. 21 Auburn 38-24, ends Auburn's 17-game winning streak

Sep 18, 2011, 12:43 AM

What a win...

I absolutely loved how Dabo built up Death Valley and Clemson on National TV. He has truly embraced Clemson and it is quite apparent that he loves being here and coaching here.

I thought the sky cam during the interview looked like a picture to hang over the mantle.

I am concerned about Andrea Ellington. It seemed he couldn't break a tackle. Many times he went down after first contact - before he was injured. It was refreshing to see Bellamy have a few good carries, and what a surprise D.J. Howard was. I did not realize he had such a big strong upper body. He really looks the part of a physical running back.

I would like to see more gaps open when running the ball. Our best carries were around the tackles. I think the O-Line will continue to get better.

Dabo said that Sammy Watkins is from another planet. It certainly appears to be the case. I have not seen a true freshman make this kind of impact for us in a while. Roscoe Crosby carried a lot of baggage with him. Look at the humility Watkins has. He is quick to praise his teammates before himself. Huge plus. I think his attitude and demeanor will help propel him to be an all-time Clemson great.

I was wondering why our tempo was not as advertised versus Troy and Wofford. I am not sure if they were trying to hold back, but I really liked the speed at which we played today. Much faster than the previous two games.

Urban Myer said today that he has not seen a young quarterback as good as Tajh Boyd in a long time. I thought that was a big statement coming from a guy who has seen crazy talent in his illustrious career. I was most impressed with Boyd's decision making and ability to read the defense. The pass to Allen in the end zone took a lot of time to develop and it took a lot of poise wait and make an accurate throw. I am very exited to see him develop and mature. I believe after it is all said and done, Clemson fans will remember his name for a long time.

Hats off to Kevin Steele and the defense after the miscues in the first half. I thought the defense looked very good overall. Brandon Thompson kept Trotter off balance all day and the core of linebackers kept the mistakes to a minimum. I know Cody Sensabaugh had to feel good after totally redeeming himself with the missed pick six. That INT all but sealed the deal.

Overall, this game really makes me excited to see how they respond to an emotional win vs Florida State. They have the tools and have proved they can win a big game.

Let's do it again.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic