Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
News and notes from Tuesday's practice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Aug 23, 2011, 2:46 PM

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney said following Tuesday’s practice that wide receiver Joe Craig will be back with the team on Thursday but will miss some games. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: News and notes from Tuesday's practice

Aug 23, 2011, 2:56 PM

So if we are on the 40 yard line at the end of a half, Spencer Benton might try to blast a field goal through?

Aug 23, 2011, 3:12 PM

HECK YEA! I would much rather them send the FG unit out there with two seconds left than take a knee or try a hail mary. That would make a huge impact going into the locker room if he drills it from that deep too!

I don't know why, but I just thought about the FSU game last year when they were going to attempt a 55 yarder to end the game and I felt like he was going to miss it, then the commentator came on and said "this guy has one of the strongest legs in the nation" and I looked at my wife like "are you serious?!"

Re: Benton long field goals

Aug 23, 2011, 4:47 PM

If he can actually get it there from 60+ yards and its a 50/50 shot.. then yes we need to utilize that if we are at mid-field with like 0:06 left. If he misses, nothing much lost, but if he makes 1 of 3, those extra 3 points would make a huge difference in some games.

Problem is.....

Aug 23, 2011, 10:34 PM

What if they block it and return for a TD? Then they go in the locker room with momentum

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: Problem is.....

Aug 24, 2011, 10:22 AM

I don't think you can think that way and win consistently. It's like teeing up your ball on #1 with water on your left and thinking, I better not hook this shot. Chances are you will. Gotta think, we'll make this and take the momentum into the lockeroom.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Throw the ball!?!?

Aug 24, 2011, 10:55 PM [ in reply to Problem is..... ]

What if they intercept it and return it for a TD?

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Think about it in percentages...

Aug 25, 2011, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Problem is..... ]

What is the percentage of time a kick is blocked? 5% tops? I like my chances.

Besides, what if it's intercepted and returned for a TD? What if the QB is sacked, fumbles, and it's returned for a TD? What if the RB stumbles over the Energizer bunny, fumbles, and it's returned for a TD? What if the sky falls? Whatever...you get the jist.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Aug 23, 2011, 4:25 PM

is it just me or does it seem like our running backs have more foot/toe injuries then anyone else in the country- combined.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2011, 4:40 PM

It sure does seem that way! Are there any common patterns other than just being Clemson? The types of shoes that they wear or a drill they run that causes the injury? Or is it just bad luck?

Aug 24, 2011, 12:35 AM [ in reply to Re: News and notes from Tuesday's practice ]

'sure would like to see some stats on that!
I never remember even hearing about that before...Is it because the shoes are so much lighter weight construction?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2011, 9:49 AM

I heard nike shoes cause a lot of problems and keep the docs busy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2011, 4:42 PM [ in reply to Re: News and notes from Tuesday's practice ]

Well, that's obviously exaggerated, but you may have a point that identifying root cause and eliminating it would be a good idea.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic